Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2021, 15:07   #316
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Guys. I have a question in general for owners here, which of the two Automatics is the better combination, the petrol or the diesel? The trouble with the S model diesel is that it's priced really astronomically high so from a budgeting perspective I was wondering if it really demands stretching that high
Old 6th February 2021, 15:36   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Went down to the Jeep showroom hoping for a test drive of the diesel automatic (was told a couple of days back that the car would be available today). Was disappointed to find that the test drive car was not yet there - was told it is at the dealer yard for PDI and will be in tomorrow.

They had display pieces of the Sport, Longitude, Limited and the 80th Anniversary Editions - the S was not yet in (likely to come sometime next week). Spent time with both the Limited and the Anniversary. Was pleasantly surprised to find how supportive the driver’s seat was. The steering position initially was not great, but did manage to find something that worked well. Rear knee room was great, but the width seemed very narrow - perhaps narrower than even the Seltos in the middle seat.

Must say that I found the black interior on the Anniversary much better than the brown and grey combination in the Limited. The brown touches were good standalone - but when paired with everything else in the car somehow grated. If I end up choosing this car, then will happily pay the ₹50,000 extra for the 80th Anniversary. The MID on the Limited was perfectly fine, and the console display was great too. The only feature I think I will really miss on the S if I pick the 80th Anniversary is the TPMS - can live without 9 speakers or a 360 degree parking camera.

Am told the diesel automatic test drive car will be in tomorrow, but the petrol may take a while. Let’s see how these cars drive.

Last edited by Eddy : 6th February 2021 at 18:22. Reason: As requested
Hayek is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 16:23   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Congrats on your new ride

Did the dealership confirm when the car can be delivered?
Hi, thank you.

Last week of February for any color other than black or white is what I'm told.
cruiser@0523 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 16:52   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post
Going in for the 1.4 P , Manual
Congrats, could you share the test drive experience, 1.4 is very elusive, i had driven BS4 and found initial lag too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post

They had display pieces of the Sport, Longitude, Latitude and the 80th Anniversary Editions - the S

You mean Limited!. I guess you are also following the US version
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 19:03   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Went down to the Jeep showroom hoping for a test drive of the diesel automatic (was told a couple of days back that the car would be available today). Was disappointed to find that the test drive car was not yet there - was told it is at the dealer yard for PDI and will be in tomorrow.
I was at the Jeep Andheri West showroom yesterday (at around 5 PM) and they had one Model S TD vehicle available but there was a waiting hence I couldn't wait any further. Got a call from the SA apologizing and bringing the car at home for the TD in a week's time.

I agree that the Anniversary edition is worth an extra 50-55K difference and those black interior plus anniversary motif look really cool.

The overall package is a big step-up from the earlier version for sure however pricing is something the even SA couldn't defend beyond a point.

I also got to know that the green and blue color vehicles wouldn't on display anytime soon and will take few more weeks after the deliveries start.
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 20:55   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Congrats, could you share the test drive experience, 1.4 is very elusive, i had driven BS4 and found initial lag too much.
I think the lag is liveable with. Did not notice it much in normal city driving. Main plus point is the ride and handling package as compared to others. Also diesel is never an option personally.
Old 7th February 2021, 09:30   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post
I think the lag is liveable with. Did not notice it much in normal city driving. Main plus point is the ride and handling package as compared to others. Also diesel is never an option personally.
That's right - add steering response to that. I was wondering if BS6 norms has any effect on power delivery.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th February 2021 at 11:58. Reason: Typos, capitalisation and punctuation correction
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th February 2021, 11:07   #323
BHPian

Has any one had any luck with getting a delivery date post booking? The dealers seem to be clueless about delivery dates and have been giving vague dates till now.
I think FCA handling of this launch has been half baked at best!

From having a gap of about a month between LAUNCH & the price announcement to mentioning that cars will start getting delivered from 2nd Feb to the website mentioning test drive date of 2nd Feb and then slyly removing that date from the website when it was clear that they could not send vehicles in time to dealers for test drive.
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 11:21   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Has any one had any luck with getting a delivery date post booking? The dealers seem to be clueless about delivery dates and have been giving vague dates till now.
I think FCA handling of this launch has been half baked at best!
Deliveries haven't started in Kerala. Luck would be to have a response from FCA/Jeep to the calls, emails, or tweets. I have been following up with the dealer and FCA since I want the car before my wedding which is on the 17th. Dealer is totally helpless as they are not getting the deliveries confirmed by FCA. This got me thinking, if the company is not communicating about the vehicle deliveries, it is safe to assume that I will have a hard time sourcing the parts if the car ever needs a repair.

I had already started looking for other options since I have already sold my Elantra. Skoda Superb (2020) is coming home today for a test drive
navaneeth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 13:12   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Guys. I have a question in general for owners here, which of the two Automatics is the better combination, the petrol or the diesel? The trouble with the S model diesel is that it's priced really astronomically high so from a budgeting perspective I was wondering if it really demands stretching that high
I don't own the either automatics (mine's manual), but since you haven't got any responses so far - let me chime in.

For everyday driving, I'd choose the petrol automatic. It'd let you save some initial money as well, which you eventually spend on fuel. If you regularly drive on bad roads or you like to take the car off-road, get the diesel auto.

I had test driven the petrol auto once, and found it good enough for regular driving.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 16:09   #326
BHPian

More videos with absolutely no ETA on the actual delivery!
Old 9th February 2021, 17:17   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
More videos with absolutely no ETA on the actual delivery!
I got confirmation Jeep dealer that my Compass has been allotted and is waiting for billing. The manager of the dealership showed me the email confirming the same. I do not know what 'allotment' means but my assumption is that the vehicle is 'almost ready' for dispatch and will be dispatched in a day or two. Test drive at this point is not relevant but they are anyway sending a model S to my home for a test drive tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the test drive of Skoda Superb went well. I know it isn't an apple to apple comparison but the Skoda flagship definitely offers a wider smile on my face for just 1 lac more on the on-road price. Features like ventilated seats, 360-degree camera, better audio system, proper panoramic sunroof, ground clearance, and connected car stuff will be missed though.

Another update:
Jeep's new customer service email is service.indiajeep@stellantis.com. Apparently, the email address that I got from the Twitter responses isn't in use

Last edited by navaneeth : 9th February 2021 at 17:24.
navaneeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 09:11   #328
BHPian

I had visited the Jeep showroom in Guwahati yesterday to inquire about the delivery timeline & to check the new colors. Got to see the blue color in person, and that looks smashing. I am undecided on the color between the green & the blue. Has anyone been able to lay eyes on the green? Is it as shining & metallic like the blue? In the photos & videos available online, it looks more like a satin finish.

Also, got a discount of Rs. 51k on insurance bringing the total insurance amount to 87k & final on-road price for the Model S 4WD AT to 30.28 lacs. They confirmed that this would be the final price & there would be no further discount as this being a new model.

Looking forward to actual photos of the green color of the new Jeep, else will be going ahead with booking a blue one this week.
Bineet_D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 09:13   #329

Quote:
I got confirmation Jeep dealer that my Compass has been allotted and is waiting for billing. The manager of the dealership showed me the email confirming the same. I do not know what 'allotment' means but my assumption is that the vehicle is 'almost ready' for dispatch and will be dispatched in a day or two. Test drive at this point is not relevant but they are anyway sending a model S to my home for a test drive tomorrow.

Another update:
Jeep's new customer service email is service.indiajeep@stellantis.com. Apparently, the email address that I got from the Twitter responses isn't in use
Dealer ship near me informed that they have got allocation for Galaxy blue and delivery can happen in 10 days. No other colours (for S-Variant)
Old 10th February 2021, 10:44   #330
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaju13b View Post
Dealer ship near me informed that they have got allocation for Galaxy blue and delivery can happen in 10 days. No other colours (for S-Variant)
You guys are lucky! I am hoping to get some details today! Hope its within this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bineet_D View Post
I had visited the Jeep showroom in Guwahati yesterday to inquire about the delivery timeline & to check the new colors. Got to see the blue color in person, and that looks smashing. I am undecided on the color between the green & the blue. Has anyone been able to lay eyes on the green? Is it as shining & metallic like the blue? In the photos & videos available online, it looks more like a satin finish.

Also, got a discount of Rs. 51k on insurance bringing the total insurance amount to 87k & final on-road price for the Model S 4WD AT to 30.28 lacs. They confirmed that this would be the final price & there would be no further discount as this being a new model.

Looking forward to actual photos of the green colour of the new Jeep, else will be going ahead with booking a blue one this week.
I had the same confusion between Green and Blue. I was ok with either colour but wife wanted to pick the blue. Seeing both colours in person would have cleared our confusion but our SA in Mumbai said that Blue might come in the showroom sometime this week or next but Green was not expected for the next two weeks. So we just went ahead and confirmed Blue since there multiple pictures/videos posted by people online and it looked nice.

Got a heavy discount on the insurance in Mumbai as well. They would not budge on reducing anything else from the price.
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks