Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2021, 11:36   #331
AMT
BHPian

Went to Landmark Gurgaon on Sunday. The S Blue was ready for delivery and got a glimpse of it. Upon request, they took the green, grey, black and old model red (from old stock) for comparison under the sun.

While I was confused between the red, blue and green (which looks stellar btw), inclined towards the white.

Test drive was possible within the compound, which didn’t give a real feel of the car and waiting to take it for a longer spin.

The S model is what I like but given the otr price, I could stretch the budget and get an Endeavour. Will drive both and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bineet_D View Post
Looking forward to actual photos of the green color of the new Jeep, else will be going ahead with booking a blue one this week.
Have pictures on the wife’s phone of blue and green parked together under the sun. Will try to share today or tomorrow. Both look really good!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th February 2021 at 17:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
AMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:09   #332
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

I was told at the Pune (SB Road) showroom that the Sport variant won't be available in Blue or Green, despite being listed on their website that it is. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 10th February 2021, 12:15   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
I was told at the Pune (SB Road) showroom that the Sport variant won't be available in Blue or Green, despite being listed on their website that it is. Does anyone know if this is true?
Received this variant-wise color sheet from the dealer a while ago. Looks like the sport variant will not get Blue & Green shades.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-whatsapp-image-20210127-6.20.07-pm.jpeg

Last edited by navaneeth : 10th February 2021 at 12:18.
navaneeth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:15   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
Have pictures on the wife’s phone of blue and green parked together under the sun. Will try to share today or tomorrow. Both look really good!
Great!! Would be very grateful if I could find any pictures for comparison. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th February 2021, 12:51   #335
AMT
BHPian

This is what I have. The new white looks pretty good too!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-fc929a0d44d241e5b78e7c590c888745.jpeg  

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-a90f5f97646843e38524d940775f8779.jpeg  

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-cbfc9f42abc2498286bd8921f6cd5f8d.jpeg  

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-d735fe0df26c4cb695fc25d77489ca4c.jpeg  

AMT is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:53   #336
BHPian

Just got an update from my SA that the EW+RSA (for 4th & 5th) has increased for the S variant to 45,000 (from 35,000) due to many newer mechanical parts in it. Has anyone else heard of this yet?

Found the updated prices on the Jeep-india website:
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-whatsapp-image-20210210-1.01.50-pm.jpeg

Last edited by scarezebra : 10th February 2021 at 13:03. Reason: Added the website screenshot
scarezebra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 14:02   #337
BHPian

Model S 4x4 AT came home for a long test drive.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-img_0225.jpeg
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-img_0228.jpeg
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-img_0229.jpeg
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-img_0230.jpeg

Observations:
The Alpine audio system is superb, much better than the Canton speakers in Superb L&K that I drove yesterday. The Head unit is very easy to use and the display is very crisp even in sun. Wireless carplay connection is seamless.
Ventilated seats have an irritating "hissing" sound.
The digital instrument cluster is little inside the dashboard, might not be easy to read the text depending on your driving position.
The car looks stunning in red color. The contrasting gray roof is not as light in person.
Beeps for 80kmph is irritating, SA was not sure if it cannot be turned off.
Sudden acceleration will make the engine rev a lot but the car doesn't seem to have a corresponding movement forward.
Ride quality over speed breakers is excellent. The car had just 100km on odo, I think I was the first person to abuse this TD vehicle.
Handling is excellent like the pre-facelift model.

The update regarding my pre-booking is that the car will probably be dispatched today or tomorrow.
navaneeth is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 14:09   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Received this variant-wise color sheet from the dealer a while ago. Looks like the sport variant will not get Blue & Green shades.

Attachment 2120224
Your post is super helpful. I too was arguing with my SA that green and blue are color options as per website. Even called the customer care and they told me if dealer is saying its not available then it won't be available
Old 10th February 2021, 14:40   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Beeps for 80kmph is irritating, SA was not sure if it cannot be turned off.
It could be turned off via the settings in the older compass pretty easily by end user. Not sure if they have changed in for the facelift. You could even customize the speed warning to other values if you wanted to.
Old 10th February 2021, 14:54   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
It could be turned off via the settings in the older compass pretty easily by end user. Not sure if they have changed in for the facelift. You could even customize the speed warning to other values if you wanted to.
This is a govt. enforced feature and is implemented from Alto to an S Class(May be spared if CBU)since BS6. This cannot be turned off unless you are ok to fiddle with internals. Has to be removed outside authorized service centers.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 17:19   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
This is what I have. The new white looks pretty good too!
Thanks a lot for the photos. Your post has made it even more confusing as the green color appears equally good compared to the blue if not better.
Bineet_D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 23:56   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post

Got a heavy discount on the insurance in Mumbai as well. They would not budge on reducing anything else from the price.
Are you going with Landmark Worli?? Please do post the breakup if you can.

It looks like my assumption was correct, the price details released earlier seemed to have an inflated insurance quote for some wiggle room. More or less your heavy discount would mean the normal sane price for insurance and there's no actual discount being offered.

Keep us posted on your experience.

Mine hasn't got off to a good start. Registered for a test drive, call centre called and passed the lead to the dealer, dealer person called when I was busy in office, asked them to call back, they said sure. Been 4 days since, no call back yet

Last edited by Vandit : 11th February 2021 at 00:00.
Old 11th February 2021, 09:57   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Are you going with Landmark Worli?? Please do post the breakup if you can.

It looks like my assumption was correct, the price details released earlier seemed to have an inflated insurance quote for some wiggle room. More or less your heavy discount would mean the normal sane price for insurance and there's no actual discount being offered.

Keep us posted on your experience.

Mine hasn't got off to a good start. Registered for a test drive, call centre called and passed the lead to the dealer, dealer person called when I was busy in office, asked them to call back, they said sure. Been 4 days since, no call back yet
I have been dealing with Landmark Andheri. The insurance price was inflated and even brought down without much of a hassle. Effectively there was a discount of about 77k on the price list shared bringing the cost of the S variant 4x4 just a wee bit to the south of 34L.

Getting a test drive may be difficult for this week as well because of a lot of walk ins happening in the showroom. My SA actually got a call from a prospect during my TD requesting for delivery of a car home for a TD. The SA outright refused for the next few days since there were people waiting and they had just 1 ‘S’ variant ready for test drive.
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 13:14   #344
BHPian

S-Variant test drive review from Chennai. I'm still awaiting for my test drive. Probably today or tomorrow. Same story at all dealerships - only 1 S-variant available, so lot of demand for test drives. Will update once I get my hands on one.

Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 15:04   #345
BHPian

Quickly checked out the Jeep Compass yesterday, 80th year anniversary edition.

Now, what a car the Compass has turned out to be, surreal feel when you sit in the driver seat of the cabin, the best of FCA is back, the Seltos and Cretas of the world could not be even thought about for a comparison. The Compass now has gone into another territory - sublime interiors, FCA legendary build quality, ride and handling, the 2 litre MJD, and I don't think any other car can compete here. If words such as flair, taste, etc. are in the dictionary of your life, then the Compass should definitely be the top contender if you are purchasing in this segment. It now pulls heart strings like no other.

Drawbacks:
- Space is slightly at a premium, makes for a great city car and a highway car for two people
- Dealers like KHT, Bangalore are a shame to have dealerships of brands like Jeep. Unfortunately, for whatever reasons, FCA gets only poor dealers who in turn only provide poor service experience and frustrating ownership experience

Last edited by CliffHanger : 11th February 2021 at 15:29.
CliffHanger is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks