Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:33   #496
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
My average run is 10k kms a year. Petrol engine simply lacks the punch of a Diesel.
=====
Taigun and Kushaq look a bit small and would mean i wait another 6 months which i would try to avoid.
I think you should definitely check out the new interiors on the compass.I personally did not like the tan coloured interior on the limited.I fell in love with the all black interior given in anniversary edition and special trim.Interior of harrier is not bad or unacceptable by any means but it just isn’t premium enough.Switches and knobs and overall fit and finish is much more superior on the compass.But if I had to choose between compass manual and harrier automatic, then I would take the automatic any day because of the convenience the automatic offers.All our cars are automatic and we don’t even consider manual cars anymore given the traffic situation.
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:43   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

Given that you spend all the time on the inside, personally, having nice interiors works for me.
My only point is that the new interiors are nicer, compared to the old ones. Definitely. However, for someone upgrading from an 8 year old hatchback, even the interiors of the 2020 Compass will be nice enough, wouldn't they?

I understand it would be better to stretch a little if one can. But you also might get a higher variant with more features in the 2020 Compass for the price of a lower variant of the 2021 model. Depending on the discounts on offer, of course.
Old 3rd March 2021, 14:26   #498
BHPian

The Sales team has informed us that our Jeep Compass Limited (Petrol) - Techno Green would be ready for delivery by Sat morning. I just got the message from the Vahaan (RTO) - for the registration.

There is only one sore point I have in the car - when you see the car from the front - there is this big black "blob" of black - on the windshield to give a black background to the rear view mirror. It has increased in size from the Jeep Compass 2020 version as now it has rain sensing wipers etc. It does not affect driving view from inside - but from outside it looks black ink has dripped and dried!!

Must add- the plastic casing around the rear view mirror is good . I had read that a lot of people found the plastic in the older version of the car to be surprisingly poor in fitting.

Also FYI - I took the thread on "avoiding crashes while taking delivery very seriously" - and have hired a Jeep Compass - Self drive for a day today - to ensure that we have used to the car dimensions and feel in tight corners and narrow lanes of Powai in Mumbai.
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:25   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post

There is only one sore point I have in the car - when you see the car from the front - there is this big black "blob" of black - on the windshield to give a black background to the rear view mirror. It has increased in size from the Jeep Compass 2020 version as now it has rain sensing wipers etc. It does not affect driving view from inside - but from outside it looks black ink has dripped and dried!!
Congratulations. I'm sure you can't wait to finally get your hands on your new JC. That black "blob" is there on the 2020 Limited Plus as well, because it got the rain sensing wipers too. It affects the placement of the Fastag. The dealer fixed the fastag in my absence and placed it on the immediate left of the blob. Very oddly placed, irritates me quite a bit.

I'd suggest you ask the dealer to do it only in your presence, so you can tell them the precise point on the windshield you'd prefer it to be.
fast&curious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:38   #500
BHPian

Thanks Fast & Curious- will immediately connect with the SA. Wonder why the blob like look. Surely they could have done something wrt to design to make it look less of an accident, specially after such a design upgrade.

On another note _- are there Jeepers groups in Mumbai. I read a lot of active ones are in NCR ..
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:39   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
The dealer fixed the fastag in my absence and placed it on the immediate left of the blob. Very oddly placed, irritates me quite a bit.

I'd suggest you ask the dealer to do it only in your presence, so you can tell them the precise point on the windshield you'd prefer it to be.
Slightly off topic for this thread, but could not help commenting on this. Being very particular about symmetrical placement of stickers on the windshield, I was very irritated with the slightly asymmetrical placement of the Fastag sticker on my Honda City a couple of years back. So much so that I ultimately had it removed and replaced till I was happy.

Fast forward to 2020, for my Ecosport delivery I made sure that the Fastag was placed on the windshield in my presence by the delivery team, after giving strict instructions to ensure that it was placed symmetrically. The best way to ensure that my OCD was taken care of, notwithstanding that the delivery guys at Ford were quite taken aback at my insistence on something seemingly trivial

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 3rd March 2021 at 15:45.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:44   #502
BHPian

I'd suggest you ask the dealer to do it only in your presence, so you can tell them the precise point on the windshield you'd prefer it to be.[/quote]

Thanks. Will do immediately.

On another note - is there an active Jeep community in Mumbai / Thane region ?
Old 3rd March 2021, 17:04   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
I think you should definitely check out the new interiors on the compass.I personally did not like the tan coloured interior on the limited.I fell in love with the all black interior given in anniversary edition and special trim.Interior of harrier is not bad or unacceptable by any means but it just isn’t premium enough.Switches and knobs and overall fit and finish is much more superior on the compass.But if I had to choose between compass manual and harrier automatic, then I would take the automatic any day because of the convenience the automatic offers.All our cars are automatic and we don’t even consider manual cars anymore given the traffic situation.
Fair point. The Tan interiors definitely are not as appealing to me as well. They have missed out on the color contrast in my opinion which matters to me.

Black is killer however wife does not like it.

Since you own a lot of automatics, what's the mileage you anticipate from Compass Petrol Automatic? I have heard of numbers that make me fear considering the price that it has hit recently in the country.
abhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 18:21   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Fair point. The Tan interiors definitely are not as appealing to me as well. They have missed out on the color contrast in my opinion which matters to me.

Black is killer however wife does not like it.

Since you own a lot of automatics, what's the mileage you anticipate from Compass Petrol Automatic? I have heard of numbers that make me fear considering the price that it has hit recently in the country.
I’m hoping to get about 8-9 kms/litre.My drive to office involves a fair of bit of the highway as well.See,economically it doesn’t make much sense to buy the compass.It is a decision that has be made from the heart rather than your head.I also had big concerns regarding fuel efficiency, resale value, maintenance costs and after sales service.All these years we have always bought maruti and Hyundai cars as they were cheap to maintain,fuel efficient and resale value was always good.That’s why I wanted to go for seltos initially before compass stole my heart.Take your time and make the right call.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 19:07   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
I've attached the NCR price list (uploaded for first time, not sure where it will show up in post). I can tell about Landmark Mathura road, no discounts on 2021 facelift.
Thank you, pankaj_9730. This is helpful.

Quote:
Yes,they do have a compass manual for test drive.Compass petrol auto anniversary edition with delhi registration costed me 27.70 with my own zero dep insurance.I made the booking on my company’s name so it costed me more.If I would have booked it on a personal name then the amount would have been lessor by about 60,000.They are just giving discounts on already inflated insurance and calling it a discount.In reality there is no discount at all.Delivery time really depends on your colour choice,trim and other factors.Mine should take about a month from the booking date if the dealership honours its commitment.
Thank you, Sahil_Gurgaon. Noted. Will check out the manual Compass most likely over this weekend to experience the interiors and feel of the facelift version. Have not finalised on the colour as yet but my wife likes the Galaxy Blue based on pictures shared on this group. Will update on this thread to share my experience and observations.
Old 4th March 2021, 08:26   #506
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Guys, do you think there is a possibility of Jeep bringing back the manual 4x4 version? Do they sell it anywhere else in the world ? The existing auto 4x4 and that too in the limited option variant has ensured that the price reaches north of 30L. A lower variant 4x4 can actually make more accessible to people I feel (and that includes me).
Old 4th March 2021, 10:03   #507
BHPian

Any inputs on what is the Total Cost of Ownership as well as the resale value (assume 7 year / 80000 km) of a Jeep Compass? Maybe a comparison with Toyota Fortuner would be a good idea since we are treading in that price territory (and dare I mention the Toyota Innova Crysta)?
With OTR prices upwards of 30 lacs, if the resale value is much lesser than a Fortuner, then maybe going in for a Fortuner costing a few lacs more might make economic sense?
Old 4th March 2021, 10:19   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
With OTR prices upwards of 30 lacs, if the resale value is much lesser than a Fortuner, then maybe going in for a Fortuner costing a few lacs more might make economic sense?
It totally makes sense to buy a Fortuner or an Innova if resale value is the primary concern. I don’t think there are other cars in this price range that can compete with Toyota in terms of resale value and the cost of ownership. If the trend and the demand continue, you will be able to sell the Fortuner after 8 years without much depreciation ( ignoring inflation ).

I still chose Compass because I am not comfortable roaming around alone in a very big car like Fortuner. Also to me, Compass is more desirable than Fortuner in terms of design ( not a fan of big cars ). Also, Innova is usually categorized as a taxi / chauffeur-driven car, which again affects the desirability factor for me.

Quote:
I’m hoping to get about 8-9 kms/litre.My drive to office involves a fair of bit of the highway as well.
I am getting 9-10 kmpl from the petrol AT loaner car ( I drove around 400km). The car has completed over 58k km during its life and it's a fairly abused car. I think a fuel economy of 11-13 kmpl is achievable on petrol AT if driven sedately and can go down to 6-7 kmpl if pushed harder (cluster was showing 6.5kmpl when I picked up the car).

Last edited by navaneeth : 4th March 2021 at 10:20.
navaneeth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 10:40   #509
MCR
BHPian

Had a look at the Jeep Compass Petrol "Sport" Variant yesterday. The car was a white colour one and was being readied for Delivery. I would say that it has all the features expected in a INR 22 Lakh SUV.

Some likes;
1. The seats (both Front and Back) were extremely comfortable to sit on.
2. Soft touch plastics on contact areas.
3. Denim like cloth on the dashboard.
4. Simple yet classy looking alloy wheels with Firestone Tyres.
5. LED Headlamps.

Some Dislikes;
1. No Parcel Tray. Yikes!!
2. Cabin Width - Comparable to Creta
3. No Auto folding ORVMs.
4. Ugly Key fob.

As of now there are four contenders in my purchase list;
1. Tata Safari XT - 7 Seater,
2. Tata Harrier XT+,
3. Jeep Compass Petrol Sport and
4. Hyundai Creta SX Diesel MT.

Hyundai Creta is not really comparable to any of the three cars listed above. However it does wow you with all the features and refinement levels.

Last edited by MCR : 4th March 2021 at 10:42.
MCR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 10:47   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
As of now there are four contenders in my purchase list;
1. Tata Safari XT - 7 Seater,
2. Tata Harrier XT+,
3. Jeep Compass Petrol Sport and
4. Hyundai Creta SX Diesel MT.
It will be interesting to see the choice that you make. I will be tuned