Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 12:43   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Some likes;
1. The seats (both Front and Back) were extremely comfortable to sit on.
2. Soft touch plastics on contact areas.
3. Denim like cloth on the dashboard.
4. Simple yet classy looking alloy wheels with Firestone Tyres.
5. LED Headlamps.

Some Dislikes;
1. No Parcel Tray. Yikes!!
2. Cabin Width - Comparable to Creta
3. No Auto folding ORVMs.
4. Ugly Key fob.

Personally, I love this variant. The manual costs 18.80 on road (approx.) in Kolkata and to be honest, it's a great buy. If not for the no. 3 and 4 you mentioned in your dislikes list it would have made a strong case for me. I have driven the petrol manual and I found it quite good. Parcel tray can be purchased from Jeep for 6k.

Again, to me, the Compass is not something you compare to a Creta. I own only Hyundais and I can vouch for the fact that they don't come anywhere near to the build and desirability factors of a Compass. Period.
Pancham is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 13:26   #512
MCR
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
It will be interesting to see the choice that you make. I will be tuned
Heart says "Compass". Brain says "Safari". Kids and missus say "Harrier (read as Sunroof)".
Not willing to stretch my budget to Safari XT+ which comes with a Sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have driven the petrol manual and I found it quite good. Parcel tray can be purchased from Jeep for 6k.

Again, to me, the Compass is not something you compare to a Creta. I own only Hyundais and I can vouch for the fact that they don't come anywhere near to the build and desirability factors of a Compass. Period.
I am yet to drive a Petrol Jeep Compass. Have asked for a Test drive over the weekend.

I don't really want to compare the Hyundai Creta to Compass. There is no comparison.
Its just an option available which is kind of a "fall back" and also appeals to everyone in the family considering the amazing Bose audio system, Panoramic Sunroof and acceptable ride quality.
The particular variant (Creta SX Diesel MT)I am looking at is having around 2 months waiting time which also is not a deal breaker.

Last edited by MCR : 4th March 2021 at 13:31.
MCR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 21:42   #513
BHPian

Finally, after a lot of frustration, my galaxy blue Compass S 4x4 is home

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-img_1126-copy.jpg

Last edited by navaneeth : 5th March 2021 at 21:55.
navaneeth is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 21:46   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Finally, after a lot of frustration, my Compass S 4x4 is home

Attachment 2128959
You did it!! Congrats. What's your initial reaction/feel when you switched from petrol compass to diesel one?
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 21:55   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
You did it!! Congrats. What's your initial reaction/feel when you switched from petrol compass to diesel one?
I think the gearshifts are faster on this diesel AT, acceleration is linear but there still is some punch. The petrol engine feels very stressed under hard acceleration but the diesel engine feels relaxed. The diesel engine is very noisy as expected, petrol AT vehicle had 58k km on the odo but still was very silent.
navaneeth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 22:13   #516
BHPian

Has anybody as yet got her/himself or heard that Techno Green is being delivered in any variant?
Old 6th March 2021, 06:33   #517

Quote:

Attachment 2128959
Congratulations. Am waiting for my S-Petrol. Looks like there is delay in TP.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-jeep-compass1.jpeg  

shaju13b is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 07:38   #518
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2128959
Congratulations Navneeth! Enjoy the new company, it looks stunning!

Please tell us about the 'Frustration' part, as I am going through that phase now, my SA has no clue when my car will get allotted.

I booked on 1st Feb., confirmed color on 17th Feb (Took so long because they didn't have Techno green in display till 17th)
pankaj_9730 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 08:48   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
Has anybody as yet got her/himself or heard that Techno Green is being delivered in any variant?
Just saw a model S green delivered on a Facebook group today. So they have indeed started delivery of it.
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 09:24   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Just saw a model S green delivered on a Facebook group today. So they have indeed started delivery of it.
Yes. I think it is in Guwahati . Let's keep watch - it us extrem puzzling that Green is so rare though it was used as the protagonist in the marketing campaign. Even the sales team is puzzled and borderline annoyed is what I am told...
Old 6th March 2021, 10:00   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Yes. Green Model S AT 4x4 has been delivered yesterday in Guwahati. This was the first booking received by the Guwahati dealer.
Old 6th March 2021, 10:07   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Please tell us about the 'Frustration' part, as I am going through that phase now, my SA has no clue when my car will get allotted.
Very long story, parts of which are already posted on this thread. I am working on an initial ownership report, the whole story will be posted there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaju13b View Post
Am waiting for my S-Petrol. Looks like there is delay in TP.
I had a delay of 3 days (RTO: KL - 56), even after the verification, it took another day for the approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
The dealership in Calicut had delivered one.
Source
Old 6th March 2021, 14:41   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations. It looks smashing for sure. Sincere request if you could keep sharing your updates on the experience with this as the days go on, especially if any issues or troubles with the vehicle (hopefully there will be none)!

Wish you many happy miles with it
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 22:33   #524
BHPian

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1615049627.832262.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1615049644.065391.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1615049657.619433.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1615049677.865213.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1615049695.583401.jpg

Sharing a few pictures of the Galaxy Blue colour of the Compass, which was being made ready for delivery during my visit to Landmark Gurgaon earlier today. The colour looks great in person. The SA informed that though there is a lot of demand and bookings of the Techno Green colour, there is a cute shortage of supply from the factory itself and they have not delivered a single vehicle in the said colour. Other colours available in the showroom apart from Galaxy Blue were Black, Grey, Red and White.

I test drove a pre-facelift manual diesel version which was available and took a close look at the interiors of S variant which was available in Petrol automatic. The facelift version was available for test drive only in petrol automatic S variant. Both my wife and me loved the torque, drive and feel of the manual diesel and the interiors of the facelift in S variant.

Last edited by jbpanda : 6th March 2021 at 22:37.
jbpanda is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 23:19   #525
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to share that we got the delivery of Jeep Compass - Limited Variant DDCT Techno - Green. I cannot stop smiling...

My wife did not like the black interiors - hence we gave the 80th Anniversary edition a miss .

I was informed 4days back of the delivery, after which I was out I was town . Landmark Mumbai Juhu - I must say did a great job and I am pleasantly surprised by the professionalism, specially after reading some experiences here.

It looks and feels fabulous- better than what I thought and is a dream to drive. I am aware of the petrol vs Diesel debate - all said and done - without a doubt the Jeep Compass is beauty to drive with phenomenal street presence. Though they informed me, I was still not sure of the delivery due to scarcity of color and did a thorough inspection (including tyre manufacturing month) thanks to Team-BHP sourced checklist. Will soon post pictures. PM me for any queries.

Happy Driving.

FYI the Jeep Life - I am told will take 24 hours to activate .

Regards,
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks