Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 13:34   #541

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Hello BHPians,

After stalking Harrier for 1 - 1.5 years and dealing with multiple Tata SAs I ended up booking a Jeep Compass today. #impulsive #neverdoneitbefore

Can you please share the insurance quotes that you received from your SA? I am trying to negotiate on that (1.2l) and Handling charges of 10k.

Also, if anyone can throw some light on the accessories I should get from Jeep. The mats would cost me 7.7k, would I get better ones outside? Please share some details on the basic accessories for the Limited variant.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Any luck on the negotiations?
I am based out of Bangalore as well. I had a initial round of talks on the discounts but in vain.
Do share about your interactions with SA. May be we both could visit the showroom together, and try crack a deal.
Old 8th March 2021, 13:45   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
We confirmed the color on Feb15 after several discussions with SA and others in Sales team. Allocation was last week of Feb- but honestly I was very skeptical..

FCA surely is strange - perhaps a senior BHPian should write to Mr. Partha Datta. The Sales team were also perplexed it seems. My Techno - Green when was getting ready was visited by atleast a dozen families as no one had seen the green.
Hi I paid the booking advance online on 01 March and checked with Chennai VTK Jeep and was informed that for my 80th anniversary Diesel - Green color the ETA should be last week of April in reality. While he said that they have a Techno Green vehicle available for getting a look and feel of the color, they dont have a 80th anniversary test drive vehicle. Instead they have S variant for test drive. Since I am moving from a Vento TSI, its a steep cost elevation for me. Not sure if I should drive the S model and take a decision on 80th anniversary purchase. Though, the SA was saying it does not matter, given that I am investing INR 32 L on the car, not sure am I wrong in expecting a TD vehicle in the same model I want to buy.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 14:42   #543
BHPian

I had booked my car with landmark Delhi but it was Landmark Gurgaon who had also assisted me regarding test drive and pricing initially. They had declined any discounts straight away and offered discounts only on insurance. Both landmark Delhi and Gurgaon were okay with me taking my own insurance or they were also willing to match whatever quote I was getting from outside. I had finally transferred the booking amount to landmark Delhi. Today I got a call from landmark Gurgaon and I told him the car was too expensive for my liking.He offered a discount of 10,000 on handling charges and documentation charges if I made the booking with him.If we persist or tell the dealers that we would like to wait for the aircross, then it is quite possible to get some discounts.The way he was talking I think he could have given more.Would visit him this week to negotiate further.
Regarding my booking, it’s been 20 days now and the only update I get is that it’ll be delivered in March.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2021 at 01:43. Reason: Typos.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 14:44   #544

Got my S-Petrol in Black delivered over the weekend. Still not got to drive it due to other engagements. Getting a Ceramic coating done today. Couple of features I "discovered" which are not stated explicitly or I didn't understand this properly from the manual and SA.

1. Passive Keyless Entry - You don't have to press a key. This can be enabled/disabled from the Uconnect settings Menu.

2. Mild Hybrid. - Engine Stop-Start. Not just push button Stop start.

Like Navaneeth said, Jeeplife is not configured yet. My SA is working on it. I couldn't get Navigation on the Uconnect display through Android Auto.. Still need to figure out how...
shaju13b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 15:28   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
. Not sure if I should drive the S model and take a decision on 80th anniversary purchase. Though, the SA was saying it does not matter, given that I am investing INR 32 L on the car, not sure am I wrong in expecting a TD vehicle in the same model I want to buy.
Getting exact variant for test drive is difficult. In Delhi also, they had limited AT 4x4 Diesel for test drive and I bought Anniversary 4x4 AT Diesel. Personally I think it is okay, because both are same mechanically, only thing to check in person for me was Techno green color (which I Loved and booked!)

I am also riding in same boat as you, upgrading from humble Hyundai Accent.
pankaj_9730 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 15:49   #546
BHPian

Back to back posts merged

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I am glad to share that we got the delivery of Jeep Compass - Limited Variant DDCT Techno - Green. I cannot stop smiling.

It looks and feels fabulous- better than what I thought and is a dream to drive. I am aware of the petrol vs Diesel debate - all said and done - without a doubt the Jeep Compass is beauty to drive with phenomenal street presence. Though they informed me, I was still not sure of the delivery due to scarcity of color and did a thorough inspection (including tyre manufacturing month) thanks to Team-BHP sourced checklist. Will soon post pictures. PM me for any queries.

Happy Driving.

FYI the Jeep Life - I am told will take 24 hours to activate .

Regards,
Here are couple of pictures! The pics of interiors in limited do not do justice to real look. Would strongly recommend seeing it person.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-20210307_1933222.jpg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-20210306_2125112.jpg

Quote:
Not sure if I should drive the S model and take a decision on 80th anniversary purchase. Though, the SA was saying it does not matter, given that I am investing INR 32 L on the car, not sure am I wrong in expecting a TD vehicle in the same model I want to buy.
I don't think variant type should matter , if you are test driving a Diesel Auto/ Petrol . The 80th Anniversary edition will feel the same as S version. The TPMS , passenger electrical seat, the DID are main differences, and they don't affect driving experience. The interiors are black and both have sun roof. It is critical to get TD of the transmission in the fuel type you want.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2021 at 22:58.
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 17:55   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I paid the booking advance online on 01 March and checked with Chennai VTK Jeep and was informed that for my 80th anniversary Diesel - Green color the ETA should be last week of April in reality. While he said that they have a Techno Green vehicle available for getting a look and feel of the color, they dont have a 80th anniversary test drive vehicle. Instead they have S variant for test drive. Since I am moving from a Vento TSI, its a steep cost elevation for me. Not sure if I should drive the S model and take a decision on 80th anniversary purchase. Though, the SA was saying it does not matter, given that I am investing INR 32 L on the car, not sure am I wrong in expecting a TD vehicle in the same model I want to buy.
I think you should test drive the S variant while booking the anniversary edition as interiors of both are the same. Mechanically there’s no difference. Only a few features like 360 degree camera, ventilated seats, wireless charging, 9 speaker audio system etc are different. One feature to watch out is the digital instrument cluster which doesn’t come in the anniversary edition.Colour of alloys is different in the anniversary edition and I personally like it more than the S variant colour.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 18:23   #548
BHPian

Quote:
We confirmed the color on Feb15 after several discussions with SA and others in Sales team. Allocation was last week of Feb- but honestly I was very skeptical..

FCA surely is strange - perhaps a senior BHPian should write to Mr. Partha Datta. The Sales team were also perplexed it seems. My Techno - Green when was getting ready was visited by atleast a dozen families as no one had seen the green.
Quote:
Here are couple of pictures! The pics of interiors in limited do not do justice to real look. Would strongly recommend seeing it person.
Many congratulations on your new beauty. Looks very nice. Planning to take a look at T.Green tomorrow in the dealer ship in flesh and blood. But mine will be 2 months away
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 18:26   #549
BHPian

The dealer has agreed for an insurance quote of 74k and removed handling charges.

He removed the following add ons

RTI
Key loss
Tires
Engine
Daily allowance

The insurance provider is Go Digit. @Sahil and others who is the insurance provider in your case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prpWanders View Post
I am based out of Bangalore as well. I had a initial round of talks on the discounts but in vain.
Do share about your interactions with SA. May be we both could visit the showroom together, and try crack a deal.
I am not booking it from Bangalore as I am not certain of a long term stay there. I might move in a year or 2.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2021 at 22:58. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 8th March 2021, 20:49   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
The dealer has agreed for an insurance quote of 74k and removed handling charges.

He removed the following add ons

RTI
Key loss
Tires
Engine
Daily allowance

The insurance provider is Go Digit. @Sahil and others who is the insurance provider in your case?
My insurance is from Tata AIG.It costed me 58500 for zero dep including consumables.Zero dep without consumables was around 50k.Do not forget to take the extended warranty.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 21:54   #551
BHPian

Quote:
given that I am investing INR 32 L on the car, not sure am I wrong in expecting a TD vehicle in the same model I want to buy.
I think you are being unreasonable here. For a car that sells in 3 digits for the whole of India, it is impossible for FCA to allocate for test drive, one car per variant per dealership. The number of test drive cars would then beat the monthly sales. At best they can provide one per fuel and transmission options. So 4 test drive cars - which is good enough.

Heck, even Maruti who sells half of all the cars sold in India would not be providing test drive cars for all the variants they sell.

If you insist too much, they might give you a car lying in the yard, but that will be unfair to the eventual buyer of that car. Imagine how you would feel if your car was previously given to some guy for test drive.
dragonfire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 23:44   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
My insurance is from Tata AIG.It costed me 58500 for zero dep including consumables.Zero dep without consumables was around 50k.Do not forget to take the extended warranty.
Thanks for sharing that. Will certainly buy the extended warranty. My quote of 74,500 seems way higher now. Will try to push for Tata AIG tomorrow. I am also leaning towards insuring the Engine as well as I park the car in the Basement which has the tendency to flood sometimes.

Are you going for any PPF/Ceramic coatings? My Polo exterior is in an excellent shape without using any of these and I am planning to not spend more. Will certainly wax it once a month with a regular 3M wax. My daily car cleaner can do that for me.
Old 9th March 2021, 00:12   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prpWanders View Post
Even I am discussing with KHT for Diesel S variant automatic. They have agreed to match insurance cost but no change in other charges and no discounts currently. Have not pushed them hard as yet as I am waiting for Citroen pricing. Please do let me know if you manage to negotiate on other charges.
Old 9th March 2021, 00:17   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sahil. Couple of quick questions: what is the IDV and which variant did you go for ?

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2021 at 01:45.
Old 9th March 2021, 01:30   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sahil, does this include the Insurance (Bundle Plan) which Jeep is selling inclusive of zero depreciation, consumables, engine protector and tyre cover with 3 years third party coverage. Thanks

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2021 at 01:46.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed