Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 17:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Mod Note : BHPian navaneeth's Jeep Compass Facelift review has been taken live. Please continue the discussion on the new thread.

BHPian sharan_si's 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT review

Jeep India has unveiled the Compass facelift in India. Pre-bookings for the car have opened as well.

On the outside, the SUV now gets a slimmer 7-slat grille, LED headlights, a revised front bumper with new fog lamp housings and new 18-inch alloy wheels.

The interiors now get dual tone upholstery, slimmer AC vents, ventilated seats and a new 3-spoke steering wheel. The Compass facelift also gets new features like a dual-pane panoramic sunroof, a 360-degree camera, a 10.1-inch UConnect infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 8-way adjustable electric seats, powered tailgate, wireless charging and a new 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster. The SUV is equipped with connected car technology with features such as over the air (OTA) updates and remote app for the owner.

Coming to the engines, the Compass gets the same 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and the 2.0-litre diesel units as before.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-2b2272d74550449fac4b1b5be07dee79.jpeg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-9fe6e92508e94b138f8bb97a7553e78b.jpeg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-3d3168117d0b47b382b136b5b0e85f02.jpeg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-325b485aed454af2b4c5eceb7e72207e.jpeg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-58b9037c92244a27865d4ddebb3d23ec.jpeg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-e2af958c415d46f3ae0b0ed1b45467c5.jpeg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-71530ef402474107b4969c4ef3fcf0cf.jpeg

Link to the Team-BHP news

Last edited by Aditya : 15th November 2021 at 11:48. Reason: Adding link to review
blackwasp is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

This one is all about the interior - even though the exterior has aged gracefully as well. Looks like a well rounded package for the segment now. Hoping for a more competitive pricing - as the Jeep is simply priced beyond what the market is prepared to pay for it.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-screenshot_20210107180055_youtube.jpg

PS: Personally, I'll be keeping a watch on the OLX price trends of the old Compass now. Already finding some good deals on 'almost new' cars.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th January 2021 at 18:16.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:25   #3
BHPian

I like the way the interior looks. It's a nice upgrade from the previous version but honestly wondering about the pricing. It's very likely that they will increase the price, no way they'll continue with the same old price point.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is a good opportunity for Jeep India to bring about a much-needed price correction for Compass. While it is a great machine, Jeep should realize that they are not Toyota
cool_dube is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:51   #5
BHPian

I really love the new updated Compass, the Green color is fantastic. After Exotica Red, this is my favorite color in Compass. Most of the feedback given in official TBHP review are considered here. For people who kept on commenting that Jeep will exit India, well Jeep has made pretty clear that they are here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
This is a good opportunity for Jeep India to bring about a much-needed price correction for Compass.
With all due respect, if you compare Compass with Creta/Seltos, then yes it will feel like overpriced. However, when you compare on the levels of Harrier/Hector/XUV500, then Compass is decently priced. Especially the safety and premium features offered in base Compass variant are not offered in top variants of Harrier/Hector/XUV500.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome update. There was nothing wrong with the Exterior anyway with that typical Jeep identity. It was the interior that felt inferior for the price range they were selling it, Especially higher variants which made people upgrade in the next segment instead.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 19:01   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You know, I'm so glad to see a manufacturer who actually pays attention to an important aesthetic aspect = the number-plate fonts. While not the best available, these fonts are still among the better ones I've seen in a press release. Whoever chose this, here's a to your attention-to-detail. Even the images files we received are named "Compass Beauty" (click on image and you'll see it in the image url).

Sweet car, but desperately needs a price correction. The competitive landscape has changed. Creta, Seltos, Hector, Harrier & gang make this one look terribly overpriced. The fact that its older than all of these alternatives doesn't help matters at all:
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-compass_beauty3.jpg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-compass_beauty5.jpg
GTO is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:18   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

This color looks nice, and interior seems to have got all the latest gadgets as well. Since it's a unanimous decision that current Jeep is overpriced, what does our members think will be a sensible price for Compass. Given that this is a superior product to Creta/Seltos, it deserves to be priced a bit higher, but what do you think by how much.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
This one is all about the interior - even though the exterior has aged gracefully as well. Looks like a well rounded package for the segment now. Hoping for a more competitive pricing - as the Jeep is simply priced beyond what the market is prepared to pay for it.

Attachment 2104212

PS: Personally, I'll be keeping a watch on the OLX price trends of the old Compass now. Already finding some good deals on 'almost new' cars.
Totally Agree !Couple of months back in Chennai, there were a lot of Compasses available in OLX for 13-14lcs with as less as 18000 kms on ODO.
Turbo_head is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:30   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The interiors is a welcome change. The subtle changes on the exterior also looks good.
Now does the compass get LED projector lights or still same old HID. I have found it inadequate whenever I have driven it.

Now the key is pricing, but with Jeep they ought to spoil the party with an excessive price hike for the facelift. I will be happy if my guess goes terribly wrong. They just need a very small premium over the existing one.
nkrishnap is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:31   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I really love the new updated Compass, the Green color is fantastic. After Exotica Red, this is my favorite color in Compass. Most of the feedback given in official TBHP review are considered here. For people who kept on commenting that Jeep will exit India, well Jeep has made pretty clear that they are here to stay.

With all due respect, if you compare Compass with Creta/Seltos, then yes it will feel like overpriced. However, when you compare on the levels of Harrier/Hector/XUV500, then Compass is decently priced. Especially the safety and premium features offered in base Compass variant are not offered in top variants of Harrier/Hector/XUV500.
I was one of the prospective customers of Jeep compass 6 months back. If not new, would have got a used one which was being offered at mouth watering price in chennai. Later I realised that Jeep has only one service center in entire chennai at Kattupakkam, shared with Fiat cars. Compass is no bullet proof reliable car to take such a risk.

Jeep has to expand their portfolio and service centers. They should come out of "ours is premium product you take it or go attitude". Though the year end discount of 2lcs was mouthwatering, didnt feel like taking that risk and ended up with a Harrier XZA+ Camo in December.
Turbo_head is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:37   #12
BHPian

I guess, if any price correction was planned they'd probably put it out there today itself. I am just hoping they don't put a dampener on the buzz they have created by putting up a way too unreasonable a price!
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
This color looks nice, and interior seems to have got all the latest gadgets as well. Since it's a unanimous decision that current Jeep is overpriced, what does our members think will be a sensible price for Compass. Given that this is a superior product to Creta/Seltos, it deserves to be priced a bit higher, but what do you think by how much.
Its very subjective. When I bought my Harrier XZA+ Camo for 24 lacs except me everyone feels its costly for a TATA. They say Creta top end is only 21 lacs for the top end model why go for TATA.

Brand value, reliability, resale value, service, all these play a key role than build or safety aspect of a vehicle in India. While Jeep has the first, rest of them they are yet to build.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th January 2021 at 20:55. Reason: Typos fixed.
Turbo_head is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:45   #14
Team-BHP Support

Simply wow interiors. Given that the engine gearbox mating is not the best, it would have greatly benefitted from some paddle shifters at least.

I hope top of line versions have that black interior. They had an odd greyish white interior which was honestly underwhelming.

I agree this car should probably be around 3 - 4 lakhs less on its higher variants (on road).

But why do so many people actually expect a price correction I am not sure. I do not expect any sort of prudence on the pricing front. It takes a lot of confidence to downward price correct a product and I don’t consider Jeep to have that attitude from anything I have seen from them so far.

If they have any pulse on the market they will at least hold prices. Good luck to them if they think they can use this refresh to further push prices!
Axe77 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 20:50   #15
BHPian

Pretty impressed with the interior changes, really top notch quality by the looks.

I was looking for a used Jeep Compass, but after seeing the interiors guess I won't be going that route. But it was a disappointing reveal in the sense they didn't give any variant details, need to wait for another 10 days to get the details as per Jeep sales executive. It seems the Sport Plus auto variant is not coming in diesel and it's only applicable for Petrol as per the sales executive. Personally, it would have been an easy choice for me to buy a 4x4 Sport Plus Diesel Auto variant.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks