Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 21:02   #16
BHPian

A local dealer sent me a few pics too.
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610033440.760210.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610033453.794032.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610033474.395129.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610033483.194272.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610033498.611164.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610033512.646919.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610033530.045515.jpgJeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1610033562.179629.jpg
casnov is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 21:19   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You know, I'm so glad to see a manufacturer who actually pays attention to an important aesthetic aspect = the number-plate fonts.
However, speaking of the number plate -

It is probably 'borrowed' from the old Limited Plus press fleet, and has no valid insurance as per Vahan.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-20210107_210232.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th January 2021 at 21:20.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 22:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Interiors are really a couple of levels above the current models.

Are we sure it gets ventilated seats? I am yet to see the ventilated seats buttons.
Old 8th January 2021, 00:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Interiors are really a couple of levels above the current models.

Are we sure it gets ventilated seats? I am yet to see the ventilated seats buttons.
I believe it’s controlled via central console. Top left of the console has seat icons that maybe used for ventilated seats
mudhasir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 01:28   #20
BHPian

Ohh boy, I’m in love with those interior. Clearly, one of the best in the segment and above, IMHO.

It is already priced on higher side than competition, so I just hope that FCA doesn’t become greedy this time and increases the price further. Though, I do not have any hope on price correction.
UP!!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 01:28   #21
BHPian

I am already beginning to regret purchasing the trailhawk 3 months back.
What all made me veer towards the trail hawk over the regular model is there in the new compass.
1. Black interiors
2. Has all the extra trailhawk 4wd software like low range, hill descent (Seen from the pics). Only thing missing is the rock mode.
3. Matte black finish instead of all the chrome linings.

Extras I can see include
1. ? Auto hold
2. Led headlights (desperately needed)
3. 360 camera
4. Seat ventilation
Which I will really miss, and

5. Digital speedo
6. Bigger audio touchscreen and
7. Wireless charger
Above 3 which don’t really matter that much to me

Let’s see how they price it. Mine was a 2019 model which I got for a final price 50k lesser than the limited plus after all discounts. If this is priced in that range I am really going to regret my purchase.

Also to anyone comparing it to Creta/Seltos please drive it to understand why it costs a fair bit more. It is definitely not VFM but I would say it’s better value than the aforementioned two or even Tucson, Karoq.
It lacks performance and I am not overly fond of the gearbox but it’s such a solid fun to drive car. Even though I upgraded from the jetta which was a fantastic car in itself this tugs even harder at my heartstrings.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-3b170a6afb624273897a48f781575722.jpeg  

Last edited by spkrnh : 8th January 2021 at 01:31.
spkrnh is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 03:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

FCA have done well on those interiors. I'd go to the extent of saying they are the segment best right now. Pictures suggest they are top quality too. The seat texture looks good too.

Is that radiator grill fully sealed?
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:01   #23
BHPian

Love the update! It now compares favourably with the likes of T-Roc and Karoq in terms of features and a sense of premium. I have test driven a lot of options in and around the 25L segment over the past few months, including the harrier, karoq, T-roc, old compass, a 2018 BMW X1 and even the Seltos. I loved the drive and dynamics of the old compass and how it still manages to make you stop and want to have a second look sometimes but found the interiors far too dated. I think the new compass is fully loaded on the feature front and would be my top pick in this segment (except the BMW X1 maybe )
ankur_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:28   #24
Team-BHP Support

Trust FCA not to highlight features, when competition would be shouting from the rooftops!

Hearing this now comes with a premium branded audio system. Could it be 9 speaker Alpine system from the US Compass?

Don't remember hearing it on the launch presentation, however - while taking another look, the speakers do seem to have some badge on it. But not even one proper shot of the speaker area.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-screenshot-20210108-9.21.09-am.png
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Hearing this now comes with a premium branded audio system. Could it be 9 speaker Alpine system from the US Compass?

Don't remember hearing it on the launch presentation, however - while taking another look, the speakers do seem to have some badge on it. But not even one proper shot of the speaker area.
As per motoroctane, indeed they come with Alpine system. Not sure about 9 speakers though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJvz5zIn...=1oy5wuwyws50g
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-screenshot_20210108094405_instagram.jpg  

Kashi053 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:49   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Interiors are REALLY well done. At least visually. Quality will be known only after actually being in the car. But little chance that Jeep will mess up the quality if current Compass is anything to go by, so no worries as such there.

Just loved the tasteful, understated overall dashboard layout. A fantastic place to be in. Another striking example that minimalist, clean lines are still the best bet. And the use of black has converted the ambience so much. With the previous beige/white interiors the car always gave a hint of being a smaller/mundane car than it actually is, in the cabin. Black has transformed it so much. The head unit screen size is a tad too big for my personal taste. But then - generally thats what the market is demanding & good to FCA actually responding to market sentiment for once.

And thank you Jeep - for not making too many changes on the exterior. It was always going to be hard to "better" the Compass given how fantastic looking this car is. So thanks again for keeping it almost unchanged. Thats the best that could be done.

Last edited by Reinhard : 8th January 2021 at 09:52.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:02   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Trust FCA not to highlight features, when competition would be shouting from the rooftops!
The focus looks to be on the looks and aesthetics, and it does look really good. Will be interested to see how this goes against the competition. Something like paddle shifts for the AT variant is kind of a norm in its segment.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 10:49   #28
BHPian

hello everyone,
i am still not sure if compass FL will have digital dashboard or not.
some pictures show it, some do not.

and the interiors. Are they going to be black or brown/cognac

a recent spy shot of compass in India (which was speculated to be driven by a company executive) showed normal dials and brown/cognac-ish interiors
Old 8th January 2021, 10:52   #29

I just don't understand why Jeep seems to have an aversion to paddle shifters. That would help transform the driving feel of the car and make it unbeatable in this category imo
Old 8th January 2021, 11:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2104568
Premium speakers will be a welcome change, I had a plan to move the music system in Elantra ( Morel components, Morel coaxials, hertz/helix amplifiers, pioneer DSP, and hertz sub-woofer ) to the Compass am waiting for but did not want to cut the wires in a brand new car.

Looks like FCA is doing everything to keep the comparison with Koreans in check. But all these added features shouts "PRICE HIKE". Especially when Toyota pushed Fortuner 3 lacs further away this week.

Looking at the page on Jeep India's website, there definitely is branding on the speaker but looks too blurry to read.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-feature-panel-5.jpg.img.2880.jpg

Image Source

As you said,

Quote:
navaneeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks