Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 16:49   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
Discussed this earlier too, still : humor me. Why is there this thought that Compass is stuck in no-man's land? Build quality, materials on use and power wise, Compass cannot be compared to any of Creta / Seltos / Hector. Harrier comes close. And the price conscious customer will go for Harrier, though Compass can be construed to be a segment above, say, in league of Karoq and Tucson. Maybe FCA pricing the low spec versions of Compass closer to Creta/Seltos high end range, is leading to this confusion?
Size matters.

Compass may want to compete against Fortuner price wise with their trailhawk however its size is nearer to a Creta. They have priced the outgoing compass base models to make it within reach of the compact SUV customer, in reality it makes Compass look very ill equipped for the same price in comparison to top spec Creta \ Seltos.

Harrier and Hector are much bigger yet looks a lot more VFM in comparison to Compass, Lets see how the new model does.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 17:04   #47
BHPian

Spoke to a dealer in Mumbai:
No automatic expected in diesel 4x2; sunroof also in top end models as earlier; expected price rise of 80k across variants.
Of course, Not sure how Accurate the above is!
Old 8th January 2021, 17:11   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-was-here View Post
I am still not sure if compass FL will have digital dashboard or not. Some pictures show it, some do not.

A recent spy shot of compass in India (which was speculated to be driven by a company executive) showed normal dials and brown/cognac-ish interiors.
This is how the digital dials will look in the analog form.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-4fba2df74ea64e319f42164ec12e38c0.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJxcYPuA...=1ulm0i821ip19
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 20:26   #49
BHPian

Saw the facelifted car in flesh today. That green is way too dark, one can mistake it for black from a distance (darker than the Tata Camo cars). Exterior changes are subtle yet noticeable. Alloys look sharp and premium
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 22:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

From whatever little is available on the internet, Jeep has certainly taken the interior of the Compass into a new dimension. Starting with the slim badge on the steering wheel everything looks slimmer and slicker, the dash, the central console also a more sophisticated and elegant looking iteration.

Definitely a step forward in the right direction but unfortunately other than an initial spike in sales due to the novelty I don't see the facelift taking it out of the niche that it currently occupies.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 8th January 2021, 23:24   #51

Some marketing tips for Jeep from a commoner

As many have suggested in the thread, the only way Compass can survive in the current/immediate environment (C5 Aircorss is
on the way in addition to the current competition in the segment), is to reduce the pricing. But doing that straight away will surely take a hit on the brand image. So come up with a sweet introductory pricing and later claim that they are continuing with the pricing because of strong demand so that the interested can make best use of the pricing. Beyond that just don't talk anything about the pricing at all Otherwise this is as good as dead on arrival. The novelty with Compass no longer exists.
shanoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 10:12   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_g View Post
Spoke to a dealer in Mumbai:
No automatic expected in diesel 4x2; sunroof also in top end models as earlier; expected price rise of 80k across variants.
Of course, Not sure how Accurate the above is!
Same information from a BLR dealer as well. They are of course betting BIG on the facelift. But yes, price increase seems quite likely.
Old 9th January 2021, 14:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Same information from a BLR dealer as well. They are of course betting BIG on the facelift. But yes, price increase seems quite likely.
Got the same info from the dealer in Jammu. Trainings for the showroom staff to start from 15 Jan.

They had two units of the pre face-lift 2.0 diesel in Sports Plus MT and Limited Plus MT. Got an offer of 19 lacs and 24 lacs all inclusive OTR on the two respectively.

I am seriously considering the Sports Plus as it is coming at the rate of a petrol. What do you guys suggest?

Last edited by aKrain : 9th January 2021 at 15:03. Reason: Typo
Old 9th January 2021, 14:41   #54
BHPian

Quote:
*New Luxurious Compass Approximate price

Diesel 2.0 Manual Transmission

Base - 24 Lakh
Middle - 28 Lakh
Top - 31 Lakh

Diesel 2.0 Auto Transmission

Base - 29 Lakh
Middle - 32 Lakh
Top - 34 lakhs
This is the message that I got from our local dealer. I was really hoping for more competitive pricing. Compared to other states the 2nd hand price of compass still high in Kerala. The only ones we can find near the 15lakh range, are potentially flood-affected cars.
Old 9th January 2021, 15:27   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_thikr View Post
This is the message that I got from our local dealer. I was really hoping for more competitive pricing. Compared to other states the 2nd hand price of compass still high in Kerala. The only ones we can find near the 15lakh range, are potentially flood-affected cars.
I think it is only natural that there would be a price increase after adding so many features to it. That they would add features and reduce prices was just wishful thinking.

In fact, I don't think price was the reason why the Compass was not doing big numbers. If you check the ones on the road, a majority of them are the highest spec Limited variants. It is hard to spot a Sport or a Longitude. Price conscious customers would always go for a Creta or Hector.

Even if they manage to shave off a couple of lacs from the sticker price, how many more do they expect to sell? A few hundreds? A premium product that would sell around 1000 units per month is better than a low margin one which would sell about 1200 per month.
Old 9th January 2021, 15:58   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Even if they manage to shave off a couple of lacs from the sticker price, how many more do they expect to sell?
A sports plus with the new interiors and DCT , priced in the same ballpark as Creta 1.4 DCT could generate significant numbers IMO without really dropping prices.

I for one am hoping against hope that this turns out to be true 🙏
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 15:59   #57
BHPian

My local sales guy quoted price increase of 65-80 k, which seems realistic. Cars to be seen in showroom on 23rd.

Are the prices above On road? Seems high for Ex showroom
Old 10th January 2021, 09:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
My local sales guy quoted price increase of 65-80 k, which seems realistic. Cars to be seen in showroom on 23rd.

Are the prices above On road? Seems high for Ex showroom
It should be the on-road price in Kerala. I was told there will be about a 60-100k price increase from the outgoing models. They refused to give me a clear answer when I asked for any new trim level in between the outgoing Longitude and Limited variants, but by the way they spoke, I think there will be one. I seriously hope they will bring all the safety features to these lower trims as well.

Last edited by kar_thikr : 10th January 2021 at 09:23.
Old 10th January 2021, 11:04   #59
BHPian

A question for all folks here familiar with the JC and owners as well - how much of a factor is the fact that Jeep have retained the Gearbox and Engine combinations?

I have seen a lot of comments about this as an "issue" that is against going for a JC - but given that the platform has now spent so much time in the market and if the "issues" were noted, I'd expect that Jeep were well aware of it and made whatever adjustments were needed to sort this out?

So in a nutshell - are the gearbox - engine issues still being reported and a -ve against this car?

I ask because I am seriously considering whether or not to even bother shortlisting this vehicle.

Make no mistake - it otherwise caters to my needs and expectations perfectly and the facelift only adds excellent bits to it.

However it would be pointless for me to go for a car that isn't reliable in the engine and shifting departments.
Old 10th January 2021, 11:12   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
So in a nutshell - are the gearbox - engine issues still being reported and a -ve against this car?
Are these issues common to both engines and all gearboxes ( MT, DDCT, ZF ), or are they limited to specific engine/transmission combinations?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks