Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 16:59   #76
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
I got a call from Jeep India ( because I gave my details on their website ). The person who called confirmed that the test drive vehicles will be available at all dealerships after January 20th and the prices will be declared on February 4th. He did not have any information on when the deliveries will commence.

EDIT: I got another call right after the first call. This person said that there will be two new colors - metallic green and galaxy blue. Also mentioned that the top-end variant will be called 'S' and it will have an alpine audio system, 360-degree camera, ventilated seats, 10.5 (IIRC) instrument cluster, etc. Are they going the Toyota Fortuner Legender way by giving a halo top variant?
I guess they wanted to avoid price changes/corrections post the budget and hence holding back on that till Feb 4th. Any significant changes expected in taxation for automobiles in the budget?
Old 11th January 2021, 20:04   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
A question for all folks here familiar with the JC and owners as well - how much of a factor is the fact that Jeep have retained the Gearbox and Engine combinations?

I have seen a lot of comments about this as an "issue" that is against going for a JC - but given that the platform has now spent so much time in the market and if the "issues" were noted, I'd expect that Jeep were well aware of it and made whatever adjustments were needed to sort this out?

So in a nutshell - are the gearbox - engine issues still being reported and a -ve against this car?

I ask because I am seriously considering whether or not to even bother shortlisting this vehicle.

Make no mistake - it otherwise caters to my needs and expectations perfectly and the facelift only adds excellent bits to it.

However it would be pointless for me to go for a car that isn't reliable in the engine and shifting departments.
Hi Vandit, the fact that they are retaining the engine gearbox combo in India denotes their confidence on the suitability of the product. The 2 liter diesel atleast is the new premium national diesel engine after all, and the JC turbo petrol is one of the earliest turbo petrols in the Indian SUV space. There has rarely been any engine/gearbox failures reported.

If you talk to users, they will likely confirm that there are no engine gearbox issues as such. Yes, both the gearboxes are not the fastest shifting ones like the VW DSGs, and both the engines may not be the best around, but they do their job just fine. Both the manuals may suit a zesty driver better than the relaxed automatics.

The turbo surge in the petrol comes in a bit late, so at low speeds you feel a lag, but this is something you learn and with some adjustments to your driving style, this issue is also circumvented. The diesel may sound a bit gruff but is torquey indeed. Both are reasonably fuel efficient if driven carefully.

Fundamentally, the Compass is a very sorted car with driving dynamics that compare well with a segment above. The facelift just increases the desirability quotient in the eyes of those who felt it lacked features.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 22:43   #78
BHPian

I absolutely loved everything about the facelift except one: The steering wheel. I'm surprised no-one commented on it.

The existing steering wheel's large size and round cross section is a pleasure to hold and drive - especially for those with large hands like me. The new one has sharp edges so if your driving style is holding the steering tightly, or pushing it then your hands will hurt on medium to long drives. I felt this a lot when upgrading from the City to the Octavia. I had to put on a thick steering wheel cover to mitigate the issue.
Old 11th January 2021, 22:51   #79
BHPian

Pretty impressive interiors. The exteriors are ageing beautifully as well. Now the only thing which is worth waiting for is the price correction by Jeep. Waiting for the same.
Old 12th January 2021, 10:27   #80
BHPian

When the Compass was first launched, I thought it was overpriced and yet it sold like hot cakes, initially at least. I don't think the sales are sustainable right now but with this facelift it might get a surge again. I'm pretty sure Jeep will raise prices because, why not ? I think the Compass needs a minimum 20% price reduction across the range for it to be worthwhile. They can slaughter the competition if they do that, but I don't think anyone at Jeep India cares.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 10:29   #81
Senior - BHPian

The interiors are step up from the current version. A much needed upgrade for Compass with all the competition around. Specially love the "Jeep" marking on steering wheel - CLASSY.

We Indians need more bulky for the money we pay, which Compass is not able to meet. Hence the cross shopping between the Harrier & Hector.

For me, Compass strikes a perfect balance between a city and Highway car. Love the 2.0 Multijet Diesel engine mated with MT. For AT, I would look else where : VW DSG
Old 12th January 2021, 10:55   #82
BHPian

The thing that Jeep needs to get right are the various variants. When the initial Compass was launched it had a great entry point but you ended up spending a lot more for a decent variant. If they can price a automatic trim with good safety features at a lower price point it will sell like hot cakes.
Old 12th January 2021, 14:13   #83
BHPian

Found some photos & videos on an Instagram page.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-screenshot-20210112-2.06.14-pm.png
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-screenshot-20210112-2.12.10-pm.png

Videos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ7112_DxEb/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ7z6vWjw3R/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ75cUmjju0/

Source
navaneeth is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:00   #84
BHPian

Damn! The blue color also looks nice! have to say though that the pictures Jeep-india.com has the worst representation of the new green color. Looks like a bad CG render of the actual dark shade of green whereas the color is more impressive up close!

Also, seems like the dual tone brown coloured leather interior is not going to be a thing in India at least from the pictures. Disappointed!

Last edited by scarezebra : 12th January 2021 at 16:06.
scarezebra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 16:01   #85
BHPian

The dark blue looks really good. Not sure about that grey roof, though. Looks a bit odd, at least in the photo.
Old 12th January 2021, 20:11   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the images. Is it just me or has the dimensions really increased ?
Old 12th January 2021, 22:35   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
The dark blue looks really good. Not sure about that grey roof, though. Looks a bit odd, at least in the photo.
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-9ab94a2a0d4f41caaeca36c3e216333c.png

Yes the color of roof, A pillar & ORVMs looks very odd, reminds me or concrete structures.

Also, it looks like Jeep India is giving a preview of Compass to existing customers. There is a video in which Sonu Sood drives the compass to the stage.

Image source
navaneeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:27   #88
BHPian

Looking at all these pictures and videos that are popping up, every car seems to have an all-black dash. Is the brown-leather interior not being made available in India at all?

Looked great in the leaked images, IMO should be made available on the top spec!
Old 13th January 2021, 16:50   #89
BHPian

Guys, i saw the unveiling and launch videos again.
They clearly say that different interior shades/color are going to be available according to the trim. (I really hope they don't mean different upholstery by this) .

But the initial spy shots of the car being tested in India did show the dual tone brown interiors.

But I, personally, am worried what the 2 wheel drive variant will have instead of those buttons. Blank buttons on a gloss black panel will really spoil the look of the console.
Old 13th January 2021, 16:54   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The black is still a Beast

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-137063380_3389836571125050_3251299190234805166_o.jpg

The pressure is intense and pricing will surely increase, but customers will go with their heart on this.

With the recent announcement of FCA's investment being increased. Some are relieved from that angle, that this will not be a sunk investment.

All the Best JEEP!
Moto$apien is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks