Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 12:04   #181
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Damn! Why would they not put AT prices!
ACI website has all prices listed, including those of the top of line ATs. I think the diesel 4x4 AT I read as about 26.29 for the Limited O and 28.29 for the Model S version.

For someone interested in 4x4 AT I think the Limited O versio no pretty much offers everything one would want. Its well specced enough if you dont want to fork the extra cash for the S variant.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th January 2021 at 12:14.
Old 27th January 2021, 12:14   #182
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

The pricing is high IMO.

The top variant Petrol automatic used to retail for around 21.9 ex-showroom pre-facelift. The new top petrol automatic variant is now 25.3 lacs!

I was looking forward to the Limited (O) DCT variant but it's way beyond what I am ready to pay for this face-lift. Can comfortably say it's out of my consideration set now.

Just for reference - for almost the same money that the pre-facelift top variant Petrol Automatic sold for, you will now get the Top minus 2 trim of the petrol automatic (Longitude) - this is without even factoring the discounts that were on-going.

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2021 at 01:35. Reason: Deleted blank row.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 12:25   #183
BHPian

The price difference between 2.0D MT and 4x4 2.0D AT is quite whooping; close to ~4L ex-showroom. Is this how this is supposed to be? It seems abnormally high.

2D 4x4 AT (Top variant) earlier was at 24.99 ex-showroom. Now it is 28.29L. Did Jeep beat Fortuner also in price hikes?
SourPai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 12:28   #184
BHPian

Looks like the Limited (O) 2021 is the Limited Plus equivalent in the new range, the prices are also more or less the same with an increase of only 6K over Limited Plus 2020. Also in terms of features, it seems to be at par with the Limited Plus.

The S Variant to me, doesn't justify the much higher price. I believe for anyone interested in buying a Compass the remaining 2020 models would make great sense, especially the Limited Plus variant because barring the cosmetic changes, there's almost no difference. And it's likely that the 2020 models will be sold at a discount to clear inventory. Will make for a compelling proposition if anyone can find them.

Last edited by fast&curious : 27th January 2021 at 12:41.
Old 27th January 2021, 12:37   #185
BHPian

The pricing is definitely on the higher side IMO and I don't think it is worth shelling out extra for the Jeep brand either, at least for the petrol wanting buyers. At least, the diesel has something significant to offer in the form of a big 2.0L engine and the option of a 4x4.

I feel that those wanting a powerful and compact petrol SUV should wait for the Kushaq and Taigun, coming with the 1.5TSI and DSG. These twins will be perfect for those seeking robust European build quality, safety and performance but have been staying from the Korean cousins due to their niggling issues. Size wise too, the compass isn't as big as a Harrier or Hector as well as it isn't significantly bigger than the Korean siblings or the upcoming European cousins to justify its premium. In addition, there is no petrol 4x4 on offer to differentiate it from the other similar sized options. So at these prices, at least for me, the petrol variant is dead on arrival.
klgiridhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 12:40   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Looks like the Limited (O) 2021 is the Limited Plus equivalent in the new range, the prices are also more or less the same with an increase of only 6K over Limited Plus 2020.
Not true for the Petrol. it has moved from 21.9 pre-facelift to 23.3 lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by klgiridhar View Post
The pricing is definitely on the higher side IMO and I don't think it is worth shelling out extra for the Jeep brand either, at least for the petrol wanting buyers.

So at these prices, at least for me, the petrol variant is dead on arrival.
Absolutely, I guess the focus for Jeep is Diesel not Petrol.
Old 27th January 2021, 12:59   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Looks like the Limited (O) 2021 is the Limited Plus equivalent in the new range, the prices are also more or less the same with an increase of only 6K over Limited Plus 2020. Also in terms of features, it seems to be at par with the Limited Plus.

The S Variant to me, doesn't justify the much higher price. I believe for anyone interested in buying a Compass the remaining 2020 models would make great sense, especially the Limited Plus variant because barring the cosmetic changes, there's almost no change. And it's likely that the 2020 models will be sold at a discount to clear inventory.
Interior upgrade is substantial between the old and new compass. Value for money will be based on the buyer. Coming to pricing, a lot of features have been added and the overall ambience of the cabin appears to be raised well into next-segment levels. For me, It appears to be priced well for what it offers. Your mileage may vary.
Harsha89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:30   #188
BHPian

Looks like Jeep doesnt want to change its sales numbers the way Tata Harrier did (triple the numbers compared to the pre-covid times).

This facelifted version of Compass in S 4x4 AT trim was high on my priority but i will certainly not pay close to 34 L OTR for it. I was hoping for more like 30-31 L OTR assuming that Jeep would like to increase the sales numbers to secure their as well as their Dealer's future in India.

Now lets see if year end discount offers will bring this car in my expected price range, otherwise its not coming to my home for sure.
Old 27th January 2021, 13:33   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Damn! Why would they not put AT prices! In an case from the looks of it the ex-showroom prices have been bumped up by about 30-50K
So you don't faint in shock when you see the AT prices at launch

Fainting later is alright so they kept the AT prices for later.
Vid6639 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:57   #190
BHPian

Don't think the prices have been jacked up. If you see the variant list, all of them has got additional kit. Sport now is where Longitude used to be earlier. And the top variants have all the bells and whistles that their so-called competitors used to have.

The cheap variants are gone, that's all. And cheap variants had not been selling well earlier in the first place. How many sports do you see on the road. Most of them are Limiteds.

I think it is good that Jeep stopped playing the value game - playing "catchup" with Tata and MG, as if they kept doing it, people would only shower praises at Jeep, but then go and buy the Harriers and Hectors, because "it is BIGGER".
dragonfire is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 13:58   #191
BHPian

I don't see Trailhwak getting any of these refresh features on it or part of the list. Does that mean it remains unchanged and with the same price tag.
Old 27th January 2021, 14:00   #192
BHPian

According to the dealer, Anniversary Edition will be based on the Limited (O) variant with these additional features/changes:

1) 18" granite crystal alloy wheels
2) Piano black finish dashboard
3) New key fob
4) Body-color cladding
5) Logo & grill in gunmetal grey

The price difference (for 4x4 AT variants) between the anniversary edition and limited(o) variants is around 50k in Kerala. According to my calculations, the on-road price (Kerala) of Limited (o) will be close to 33.5 lacs ( Limited plus was being sold for around 32.2 lacs on-road ), and of S variant will be around 36 lacs. I am thinking of purchasing the anniversary edition as spending 2.5 lacs for features like the 360-degree camera, ventilated seats, digital instrument cluster, wireless charger ( wondering if I can just buy a normal wireless charger for less than 3k and install it in the car if I really need it ). The subwoofer will be missed though.

The other SUV in the same price range is Tucson with an on-road price of 34.69 lacs ( quoted by the dealer ). It makes more sense to me to go ahead with the Compass than the soon-to-be-outdated and not-so-fun to drive Tucson.

Edit: Found the brochure on the website: https://www.jeep-india.com/content/d...s-Brochure.pdf

Last edited by navaneeth : 27th January 2021 at 14:10. Reason: Attaching the browser
navaneeth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 14:07   #193
BHPian

In Bangalore the price difference between S and 4x2 base Endy is around 1.6 lacs (not considering the discounts on Endy)

Take your pick.
Old 27th January 2021, 14:23   #194
Senior - BHPian

Carwale on road prices for Bangalore.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1611737596.517994.jpg

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-imageuploadedbyteambhp1611737618.767094.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 14:29   #195
BHPian

These are the prices that I got from the dealer:
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-whatsapp-image-20210127-11.41.47-am.jpeg

From what I can see, the price of the Limited Plus variant - Automatic 4WD has gone up by 1.3 Lakhs. That is fair given the new interiors. The S variant costs about 2 Lakhs more than that and comes with ventilated seats, 360 Degree Parking Camera, 9 Speakers (Alpine), 8 way adjustable seats, wireless phone charging and a 10.2 inch digital instrument cluster. These things in my opinion do take the jeep to a completely different level, for about 2 Lakhs more!
saumitra_joshi is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed