Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2021, 14:33   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I don't see Trailhwak getting any of these refresh features on it or part of the list. Does that mean it remains unchanged and with the same price tag.
Is the Trailhawk even available in 2021 ?
Old 27th January 2021, 14:37   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
.. I am thinking of purchasing the anniversary edition as spending 2.5 lacs for features like the 360-degree camera, ventilated seats, digital instrument cluster, wireless charger ( wondering if I can just buy a normal wireless charger for less than 3k and install it in the car if I really need it ). The subwoofer will be missed though.
If you have the budget, do consider the S option. I don't know if anniversary version is worth it, but the 2.5L is most definitely a bargain for the extra features in the top spec. Usually the least equipped and the most equipped offer value because manufacturers shy away from removing kit beyond a point when it comes to base trim and charging too much for the fully loaded trim. At the extreme ends of the specs, it's easy to lose a customer to a competitor. Also we tend to retain top spec cars for longer as there isn't much missing to warrant an upgrade. Ventilated seats are really useful btw. Having said all that I also agree that it's a never ending game with something better on offer for every extra couple of lakhs.

Other than Tucson, which are the closest alternatives to top-end Jeep compass diesel AT?

Last edited by androdev : 27th January 2021 at 14:46.
androdev is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:28   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Other than Tucson, which are the closest alternatives to top-end Jeep compass diesel AT?
The base variant of the Endeavour is just around 1.25 lacs away. Superb Sportline is around 1.7 lacs away. Rejected both these due to their large size.
navaneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 16:17   #199
BHPian

The Sport variant gains:
1. Reverse camera
2. LED reflector headlamps
3. Bigger HU screen

Key omission is the dual zone auto AC, which is not justified for a car of this price. At least a single zone auto AC should have been made available.

The reversing camera and headlight/foglamp upgrades can be easily done, but the climate control is not something that can be retrofitted later. Looks like Jeep is saving a lot of money on the base variant by chopping off the auto AC feature.

Also, the price premium for the DDCT gearbox is 2.5 lacs! Was it the same for the pre-facelift as well? If the climate control was present in sport variant, many prospective Seltos GTX customers would have seriously considered the Jeep sport variant.
Old 27th January 2021, 16:17   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Carwale on road prices for Bangalore.
Rs 3L plus difference in Sports 1.4 Manual and DCT
Are there any additional features in DCT?
Old 27th January 2021, 17:28   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
The base variant of the Endeavour is just around 1.25 lacs away. Superb Sportline is around 1.7 lacs away. Rejected both these due to their large size.
You might want to wait for the VW Tiguan to be launched in few months. It’s a size bigger (not too big) and will have solid build and creature comforts.
Old 27th January 2021, 17:36   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
You might want to wait for the VW Tiguan to be launched in few months. It’s a size bigger (not too big) and will have solid build and creature comforts.
Also pricing will touch 40L OTR, not to mention no diesel variant and questionable ASS.
Harsha89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 18:36   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post
The Sport variant gains:
1. Reverse camera
3. Bigger HU screen
It also gets 17" alloys. IIRC, it earlier got 16" alloys.
Old 27th January 2021, 18:36   #204
BHPian

Quote:
The Sport variant gains:
1. Reverse camera
3. Bigger HU screen

Key omission is the dual zone auto AC, which is not justified for a car of this price. At least a single zone auto AC should have been made available.

The reversing camera and headlight/foglamp upgrades can be easily done, but the climate control is not something that can be retrofitted later. Looks like Jeep is saving a lot of money on the base variant by chopping off the auto AC feature.
I have exactly the same feelings. Sport variant should have been launched with dual zone auto AC, and if possible electrically foldable mirrors. The base variant Diesel would have been a perfect choice for many cross segment shoppers in my opinion.

And also it doesn't make sense to omit the manual 4x4(at least I haven't seen any info that one such variant is available), since Compass is best in it's Diesel manual avatar. I was pretty impressed with the new interiors and looks and was much inclined towards getting a sport variant, but now everything is off the place until Jeep launches some special edition with some additional features. Overall, with the facelift, I felt the variant distribution and the corresponding price is even more messed up than it was.
Old 27th January 2021, 19:11   #205
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Interesting update. For sure a big step up in interior design and quality.:
This S trim is going to be a halo product with halo pricing. Would be surprised if it does not breach 34-35 lakhs on road Bangalore.
Quoting myself from a previous post before the price launch. The S trim has breached my expectation on the price by +68 k.

In cricket parlance I would say FCA has run its self out on the variant distribution, added features,price and the must have 4*4 for the diesel automatic.

Two factors that I noticed.

A) They had to include a lot more features on most of its variants to keep the Compass in tune with what the competitors or other brands are offering. This leads to a price rise.

B)The diesel automatic has to have a 4*4 option. So for a person who wants a diesel and an automatic and does not want a 4*4 has no choice. In the end he ends up paying approximately another 2.5 lakhs for something he does not need. Hence the Compass looks very pricey compared to every other car on the market. The Compass diesel AT is around 3.5L ex showroom costlier than the equivalent MT.

FCA needs to to address this segment by probably bringing in another gear box to sort out this problem. If they had a diesel automatic for about a lakh more than it's equivalent MT variant the prices would have been better accepted.

Jeep's own DNA of 4*4 is now proving to be its biggest Achilles' heel here in India. Not sure of how they are coping in other markets.

FCA, how about borrowing the Hyundai 6 speed auto box. Tata has anyway tuned it way better. :

Last edited by manson : 27th May 2021 at 01:39. Reason: Typo.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 19:40   #206
Team-BHP Support

I foresee even lower number for FCA than before. Frankly, there will be only few who will spend so much and have desire to get something smaller in a compact size.

The interiors looks best in class and they could have larger bookings had they tried to maintain old prices. I know, it’s difficult but Compass was already an expensive product. Unlike, Fortuner or Endeavour, it has to appeal to a price sensitive customer base and this pricing is sort of no-where. At lower end, we have Kia/ Hyundai and by paying 10-20% more one can get the larger Endeavour/ Fortuner.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 19:48   #207
BHPian

Looks like Jeep is happy with the current sales number and not interested in adding sizeable numbers. May be they are more interested in the export market and using India as a low cost manufacturing unit with a small / exclusive presence in Indian market.

Can anyone please share variant wise specs. I couldn't get it exactly from the launch video. May be I missed some part of it. Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 19:57   #208
BHPian

I received the on road price list in Bangalore from a dealership. Attaching it for everyone’s benefit.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jeep Compass BLR On Road.pdf (291.3 KB, 759 views)
docsinghal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 20:12   #209
BHPian

Quote:
The Sport didn't have it earlier, and if they included it, it would not be an entry variant anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
I have exactly the same feelings. Sport variant should have been launched with dual zone auto AC, and if possible electrically foldable mirrors. The base variant Diesel would have been a perfect choice for many cross segment shoppers in my opinion.
The old longitude had them and more at a similar price, but hardly anybody bought them. Even the new sport variant, nobody would buy. People usually skip the entry variant.
Old 27th January 2021, 20:12   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
I received the on road price list in Bangalore from a dealership. Attaching it for everyone’s benefit.
The dealer insurance rates are so reasonable. The dealership in Mumbai hai 1L+ for insurance even for the pre-facelift variants!

Also attaching the brochure with details on all variants.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New-Compass-Brochure_compressed.pdf (4.05 MB, 838 views)

Last edited by scarezebra : 27th January 2021 at 20:42.
scarezebra is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks