Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 01:12   #256
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Looks like the display cars started reaching the dealerships.

navaneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 02:38   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
ha ha, classic case of neighbours driving you crazy. Forget these two and get a Wrangler, then you can drive them crazy.
Haha, in this case, it isn't. It's pure and unadulterated love towards the best mechanical creations(Cars) & own the best package I can, and I kinda like both of them. Harrier's looks (That backside is too sexy to be a non-living entity); and the brilliant superiority of compass for the nerve soothing joy when you glide past tarmac like you wish to.
For neighbours, I have my White Beast parked there, don't need a Wrangler
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-img_0301.jpg  

aastiksaluja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 07:13   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Looks like the display cars started reaching the dealerships.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=c7lI...=2NDHANDLUXURY
This clip is from Moharir Jeep Showroom in Nasik, Maharashtra.
Yesterday 5 pm, they unveiled Face-lifted Compass. I was invited to have a look at the new car. They had kept Longitude Manual Transmission (white colour) and Limited option Automatic transmission 4x4 (Red colour) on display. We could get inside both the cars and check on the interiors, turn on the vehicle, check the gizmos like sun-roof and powered tail gate etc. However, test drive was not allowed.
Nayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 09:40   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
This clip is from Moharir Jeep Showroom in Nasik, Maharashtra.
Yesterday 5 pm, they unveiled Face-lifted Compass. I was invited to have a look at the new car. They had kept Longitude Manual Transmission (white colour) and Limited option Automatic transmission 4x4 (Red colour) on display. We could get inside both the cars and check on the interiors, turn on the vehicle, check the gizmos like sun-roof and powered tail gate etc. However, test drive was not allowed.
Test drive will be on from Sunday or next week. In the showroom in Mumbai they have just one car and it is the 80th Anniversary variant.
Old 29th January 2021, 10:35   #260
BHPian

Price list for Guwahati, Assam. I think prices here are much lower in comparison to most other states.

I was dearly hoping for the 'S' model to somehow land in my already stretched budget of 30L. Guess with the 5 year registration, I finally can.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NEW Jeep_Compass_Price_List_Format 27.01.2021.pdf (354.2 KB, 518 views)
Bineet_D is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 12:27   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bineet_D View Post
Price list for Guwahati, Assam. I think prices here are much lower in comparison to most other states.
Wow, I feel like shifting to Guwahati right now. The prices are at least 15% lower than here.

On another note, how feasible is to buy car here and drive in Bangalore. Then once a year drive to Guwahati to break the 1 year limit on driving out of state cars.
Old 29th January 2021, 13:53   #262
BHPian

Ok, so you got to see the prices in Himachal. The registration charges were increased in mid 2019 by the government and are now 6 or 7%
Till last year, getting a car from Himachal used to be a very very lucrative deal.
Jeep Compass Solan HP.pdf
Old 29th January 2021, 13:57   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Wow, I feel like shifting to Guwahati right now. The prices are at least 15% lower than here.

On another note, how feasible is to buy car here and drive in Bangalore. Then once a year drive to Guwahati to break the 1 year limit on driving out of state cars.
Honestly, a car with AS registration won't be stopped much in Bangalore. I have a friend who has a DL registered car and he has never been stopped, since such cars are extremely low in numbers.
Old 29th January 2021, 14:07   #264
BHPian

You are right, I drive two cars here in Bangalore, both HP registered. I have never been stopped in the last 2.5 years. It used to be a problem till a few years back when the local police and the RTO would stop all other state registered cars and fine them. It still could be a problem if they decide to get active again. Most armed forces personnel like me have out station registered cars but I guess they don’t bother us much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Honestly, a car with AS registration won't be stopped much in Bangalore. I have a friend who has a DL registered car and he has never been stopped, since such cars are extremely low in numbers.
Old 29th January 2021, 14:11   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
You are right, I drive two cars here in Bangalore, both HP registered. I have never been stopped in the last 2.5 years. It used to be a problem till a few years back when the local police and the RTO would stop all other state registered cars and fine them. It still could be a problem if they decide to get active again. Most armed forces personnel like me have out station registered cars but I guess they don’t bother us much.
True it's the neighboring states, and mainly PY numbers that get stopped more frequently. If a DL can be made in the same state from where your car is, it is even easier as you can always say you are just here for few days. My friend has a DL Driving license as well.
Old 29th January 2021, 14:48   #266
BHPian

My take on the positioning shift by Jeep-

1. Gutsy move. Takes the discussion away from Seltos/Hector/Creta/Harrier. The buyers for those cars are price conscious and probably do not value the strengths of the Jeep- so not the target audience anymore.

2. Protect the brand- Jeep is an iconic brand and needs it's own little niche 20-30 lakh, which is vacated by other iconic/luxury brands and has little competition (Tucson is the only one there right now- 5 seat, crossover and Hyundai brand is not exactly iconic)

3. Remove cheap 4x4 options- Cheap 4x4 position already taken now by Thar going mainstream. Compass cannot compete there. Entry level 4x4 users also use/misuse 4x4 that creates parts and quality challenges too which leads to brickbats for FCA

4. Have 4x4 at top end- FCA probably thinks people who spend 30 lakhs+ will rarely be hardcore 4x4 users, so limited use and hence lesser things to worry about for FCA

5. New pricing creates space for sub 4m that will likely have 4x4 option too- am assuming will be in 12-20 lakh range.

6. FCA still will have the Compass only as primary sales driver for next 12-15 months (till the other vehicles come up) so additional features and price creates aspirational value for existing Jeep Compass users to upgrade to new Jeep Compass.

7. Tucson sells about 100-150 units and new Jeep Compass has moved into that segment. How much can the Jeep brand pull over Tucson? 200? 400 monthly units sold? Unlikely it will cross current 500-600 per month sales.. Will FCA be happy with that? Variant mix will change in the next 6 months based on customer demand, and marketing will definitely have to step up for them to survive in new positioning.

8. I think new Trailhawk will be based on Limited O trim so will not be priced more than S, which is already hitting the roof. The tradeoff will be hardcore offroading capability vs some luxury features.

MOD NOTE - Tuscon = Tucson.

Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, Endy, JC) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 29th January 2021 at 15:42. Reason: Mod note attached.
achyutaghosh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 15:12   #267
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
My take on the positioning shift by Jeep-
No offence to you but I read all the points and I was trying to wrap my head around how someone was able to justify the pricing so well and with points that very few people would even think of or manage to deduce into a positive.

Then I read your signature and the whole post made sense to me
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 15:20   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No offence to you but I read all the points and I was trying to wrap my head around how someone was able to justify the pricing so well and with points that very few people would even think of or manage to deduce into a positive.

Then I read your signature and the whole post made sense to me
We all have our opinions, Vid. If you remove your bias and read through, you would see that i am not saying that it is a positive move. I am saying it is a gutsy move. And if you have read point 7, I have mentioned that survival of the brand is questionable.
achyutaghosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 17:26   #269
BHPian

Would anyone of you guys manage to help with price details for Goa registration??

In 2019 Goa had waived off or reduced taxes to boost auto sales. Not sure if they did something similar considering Covid impact?
Old 29th January 2021, 17:52   #270
BHPian

Had been to the Jeep Showroom recently. One noticeable thing about their sales pitch was that they somehow coerced me to go for lower trims. One guy literally said “Jo S model lega woh bewakoof hai”. This has happened last year too. Let me know if it’s just me or anyone of you have faced it as well.

Regarding the pricing, they assert that the current Limited (O) replaces the earlier Limited Plus. And considering the upgrades which I think majorly are:
-LED Reflectors against earlier Bi-Xenon
-Electronic Boot Release
-New 10.1 touchscreen with wireless connectivity
-Connected Car Features
-7” Screen On Instrument Cluster

The ~1.5 lac price hike seems reasonable, so they say. Does seem logical to an extent but still hard to live with. Moreover, according to them, “S” is supposed to be a different offering altogether. A premium of about 2.5 lacs for four “luxurious” features.

All the prospective buyers out there do let me know if at all you get any sort of discounts or at least waiving away of the documentation handling charges.
While negotiating they shut me up saying everyone’s paying and that they have more than 500 bookings now. I’ll still try to negotiate though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed