Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 07:44   #376
Team-BHP Support

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2022 Jeep Compass to be unveiled on April 04th ( International markets )
I am really confused by this. So the really substantive 2021 facelift is presumably only for a year or so? With an all new 2022 Compass coming in 12-18 months perhaps?

Or is this actually referring to the 2021 compass that just got launched for us here? In which case I cant understand the whole fuss on camouflage as they can just see the million videos on the India launch.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2021 at 06:27. Reason: Spacing.
Old 16th February 2021, 09:02   #377
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

It's been almost two weeks since February 2nd (the day on which deliveries were supposed to begin as per the announcement made by Jeep), the dealer is still not able to provide a delivery date for the diesel AT model S (blue).

I was informed on Feb 9th that my car has been allotted and will be dispatched within a day or two but the dealer is not able to get an update from FCA since then. Dealer is getting the same response every day from the company that "the car will be dispatched tomorrow" since last one week.
navaneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 09:10   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I am really confused by this. So the really substantive 2021 facelift is presumably only for a year or so? With an all new 2022 Compass coming in 12-18 months perhaps?

Or is this actually referring to the 2021 compass that just got launched for us here? In which case I cant understand the whole fuss on camouflage as they can just see the million videos on the India launch.
Its the same car launched here recently which is sold as 2022 model there .
The only difference will be tweaks in interior colour options and different engine options as per local requirements. This new Jeep Compass is here to stay at least for 5 years and the Interiors also feel current now with the new version.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:42   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
the dealer is not able to get an update from FCA since then. Dealer is getting the same response every day from the company that "the car will be dispatched tomorrow" since last one week.
Its the same case for me as well. I completed the test drive about 20 days after pre-booking, I asked the SA and he informed me delivery around 2nd week of march, but definitely before March ends. After the drive, my patience has dropped a few levels.
Old 16th February 2021, 11:25   #380
BHPian

Quote:
It's been almost two weeks since February 2nd (the day on which deliveries were supposed to begin as per the announcement made by Jeep), the dealer is still not able to provide a delivery date for the diesel AT model S (blue).

I was informed on Feb 9th that my car has been allotted and will be dispatched within a day or two but the dealer is not able to get an update from FCA since then. Dealer is getting the same response every day from the company that "the car will be dispatched tomorrow" since last one week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Its the same case for me as well. I completed the test drive about 20 days after pre-booking, I asked the SA and he informed me delivery around 2nd week of march, but definitely before March ends. After the drive, my patience has dropped a few levels.
Same case here as well. Pre-booked on Dec 7th. Took a test drive on Feb 6th but till date no clear date for the delivery yet. I am pretty sure the dealers are trying everything they can but FCA does not seem to be giving them a clear response.
Old 17th February 2021, 19:36   #381
BHPian

Delivered today!

Finally went in for black since it was the only option available for a quick delivery. Need advice on the following:

Paint protection - Is ceramic coating worth it?
Want to get all the chrome trims, logos and rims painted matte black or a dark grey, what's the best way to go about this?

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-img_20210217_162935.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2021 at 06:27. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
cruiser@0523 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 19:50   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser@0523 View Post
Delivered today!
Congratulations on the delivery! How long did it take from ordering to delivery for you?

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2021 at 06:29. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 17th February 2021, 19:52   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Finally went in for black since it was the only option available for a quick delivery. Need advice on the following:
Congratulations! Black is one of the best colors for this car.

I can't comment on ceramic coating. But for chrome bits and such, don't you think vinyl wrapping is better, just in case you change your mind later?

Old 17th February 2021, 20:13   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Delivered today!
Congratulations on the new acquisition! Loved the shade. Do post your initial impressions soon.

If you decide to do the ceramic coating, get it done without waiting too long while the car is fresh. I got my black Abarth ceramic coated after approximately a month of delivery and by then there were few minor irreversible paint damages that could have been prevented by the ceramic coating.

camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 21:53   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Congratulations on the delivery! How long did it take from ordering to delivery for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Congratulations! Black is one of the best colors for this car.

I can't comment on ceramic coating. But for chrome bits and such, don't you think vinyl wrapping is better, just in case you change your mind later?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition! Loved the shade. Do post your initial impressions soon.

If you decide to do the ceramic coating, get it done without waiting too long while the car is fresh. I got my black Abarth ceramic coated after approximately a month of delivery and by then there were few minor irreversible paint damages that could have been prevented by the ceramic coating.
Thanks guys. Vinyl wrapping is a good idea for trims and bits but don't know about the rims !

Delivery took 24 hours roughly after the payment was done. Superfast I must say.
cruiser@0523 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 00:26   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Delivery took 24 hours roughly after the payment was done. Superfast I must say.
Many Congratulations and wish you a safe and memorable ownership !!! Do post your first impressions :
Old 18th February 2021, 05:49   #387

Quote:
Wow, Congratulations, So Jeep indeed is making the new variants! That's some relief. Am waiting for mine, with no date commitments yet (as few other BHPians mentioned). My choice is black too...
@cruiser, please post more pictures if you can. BY the way whereabouts are you?
Old 18th February 2021, 09:08   #388

Quote:
Delivered today!

Paint protection - Is ceramic coating worth it?
Want to get all the chrome trims, logos and rims painted matte black or a dark grey, what's the best way to go about this?

Attachment 2122867
By the way, is that a trade plate on the car? Is it legal to deliver with trade plates? I thought a temp registration (Yellow board) is what is done. I may be wrong, totally.
Old 18th February 2021, 13:41   #389
BHPian

Since I am not getting a response from Jeep regarding my booking which was made 2 months ago, I am actively looking for other options in the market. I just look a test drive of VW Tiguan Allspace and here is my comparison.

The most important bit: Tiguan with discounts is less than 1.5 lacs away from Compass model S diesel AT.

a) Tiguan looks significantly bigger from the outside and the interiors are much more spacious as well. Last row seats are strictly for children and I see it as just extended boot space.
b) Engine of Tiguan is very laid back in eco mode and very powerful in sports mode. It has enough punch to make the driver smile. The paddle shifters are super-responsive. Diesel AT gearbox of Compass is very slow.
c) Tiguan doesn't come with 360-degree camera, wireless charger/wireless carplay, an electric seat for the passenger and ventilated seats ( there are totally useless heated seats though ).
d) Audio system of Tiguan is not as good as the Compass but it still is of good quality.
e) The suspension of Tiguan is on the stiffer side, speed breakers can be felt inside. The suspension of the compass is more sorted on bad roads. Tiguan felt very stable and planted on highways, there is noticeable body roll but far better than full-size SUVs.
f) The Tiguans in stock are 2019 December make.
g) The rear seat of Tiguan felt more comfortable than that of Compass.
h) Tiguan is imported as CBU. I am not sure about the availability of parts if something ever needs replacement. But the response of Jeep ( the brand and not the dealership ) when a prospective customer asks about the delivery timeline is bad. I do not have any reason to believe there will be a responsible behaviour from the brand when it comes to part availability queries.
i) Compass have some offroad capabilities but those capabilities may never be used by a buyer like myself. Tiguan comes with AWD but it's not a car meant for even mild offroading but I think mild trails will not be an issue at all.

My conclusion is that it makes more sense for an average buyer to go ahead with the outdated Tiguan ( with discounts ) than buying a much smaller Compass for just 1-1.5 lacs less. I am still not convinced to go ahead with Tiguan as I have waited long enough for Compass and thus have a feeling that " it's just one more week away " even though there are strong and valid worries about after-sales support.
navaneeth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 13:59   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Since I am not getting a response from Jeep regarding my booking which was made 2 months ago, I am actively looking for other options in the market. I just look a test drive of VW Tiguan Allspace and here is my comparison.

The most important bit: Tiguan with discounts is less than 1.5 lacs away from Compass model S diesel AT.

a) Tiguan looks significantly bigger from the outside and the interiors are much more spacious as well. Last row seats are strictly for children and I see it as just extended boot space.
b) Engine of Tiguan is very laid back in eco mode and very powerful in sports mode. It has enough punch to make the driver smile. The paddle shifters are super-responsive. Diesel AT gearbox of Compass is very slow.
c) Tiguan doesn't come with 360-degree camera, wireless charger/wireless carplay, an electric seat for the passenger and ventilated seats ( there are totally useless heated seats though ).
d) Audio system of Tiguan is not as good as the Compass but it still is of good quality.
e) The suspension of Tiguan is on the stiffer side, speed breakers can be felt inside. The suspension of the compass is more sorted on bad roads. Tiguan felt very stable and planted on highways, there is noticeable body roll but far better than full-size SUVs.
f) The Tiguans in stock are 2019 December make.
g) The rear seat of Tiguan felt more comfortable than that of Compass.
h) Tiguan is imported as CBU. I am not sure about the availability of parts if something ever needs replacement. But the response of Jeep ( the brand and not the dealership ) when a prospective customer asks about the delivery timeline is bad. I do not have any reason to believe there will be a responsible behaviour from the brand when it comes to part availability queries.
i) Compass have some offroad capabilities but those capabilities may never be used by a buyer like myself. Tiguan comes with AWD but it's not a car meant for even mild offroading but I think mild trails will not be an issue at all.

My conclusion is that it makes more sense for an average buyer to go ahead with the outdated Tiguan ( with discounts ) than buying a much smaller Compass for just 1-1.5 lacs less. I am still not convinced to go ahead with Tiguan as I have waited long enough for Compass and thus have a feeling that " it's just one more week away " even though there are strong and valid worries about after-sales support.
Some things to add from my point of view regarding the Tiguan vs Compass debate :-

- Tiguan routine service would be comparatively expensive
- Stiffer Ride compared to Compass
- Fuel Economy would be much lower. Expect around 8-9 km/L in real world.
- Definitely would feel bigger and Roomy on the inside. Also here in India, VW is considered premium as to Jeep.
- Power would be on a whole new level, as such, enjoyable during enthusiastic drives.
- DSG though better, would still be a question mark regarding failure on the longterm.
- Replaceable parts will be considerable expensive compared to Mopar part costs. Hence Extended warranty is key.

So, in a nutshell, If someone is willing to risk it in terms of maintenance after the initial 4-5 years of ownership and is alright with the Fuel Economy on offer, the Tiguan is a great choice in terms of Badge Value, enginnering as well as pleasure of driving.

P.s. I agree the discounted price is mouthwatering to prospective S-AT Diesel owners, such as myself. I too was thinking long and hard about the Skoda Superb 2020, but then I felt the upcoming Octavia is next generation and the Superb/Tiguan does look aged on the inside, which made me forget them.
Harsha89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks