Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 20:38   #391
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
- Replaceable parts will be considerable expensive compared to Mopar part costs. Hence Extended warranty is key.
Tiguan comes with a 4-year warranty and VW is offering a 5th-year warranty for just 18k. SA told me that the extended warranty is available for up to 7 years.

As I mentioned before, the heart wants Compass but the brain is questioning why should I spend close to 36 lacs on a brand that doesn't value a prospective customer and gives false hope of delivery on a daily basis.
navaneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 20:45   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Tiguan comes with a 4-year warranty and VW is offering a 5th-year warranty for just 18k. SA told me that the extended warranty is available for up to 7 years.

As I mentioned before, the heart wants Compass but the brain is questioning why should I spend close to 36 lacs on a brand that doesn't value a prospective customer and gives false hope of delivery on a daily basis.
Trust me, The Compass is worth waiting for. The ride quality of the Compass is leagues ahead of the Tiguan, which has a very hard ride quality which is very uncomfortable. If you don't need a seven seater, Compass is the better car.
When a new car launches the showroom staff is over committal and tend to promise early delivery just to get a customer. But thankfully the Compass is not booked heavily so you should it get it soon. Some cars like the Magnite now have 18 month waiting periods - imagine the plight of those customers !
Have patience!

Last edited by Behemoth : 18th February 2021 at 20:47.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 21:02   #393
BHPian

Quote:
a brand that doesn't value a prospective customer and gives false hope of delivery on a daily basis.
My plight is the same as yours But I thought to myself, to be patient for a few days, and enjoy the better part of the next 10 years. I had a bad personal experience with Volkswagen and have taken an oath not to deal with them ever again. If I do go for a German, It would be one of the big 3.
Apart from Driving pleasure, the next most pleasurable thing is trouble free ownership. Based on my experience with Fiat cars, I'm very hopeful that the Compass would be rock solid in terms of reliability. One should be wary, when offered to take up warranty for 7 years ��

Last edited by Harsha89 : 18th February 2021 at 21:09. Reason: Forgot to add a sentence
Old 18th February 2021, 21:58   #394
BHPian

Quote:
The brain is questioning why should I spend close to 36 lacs on a brand that doesn't value a prospective customer and gives false hope of delivery on a daily basis. As I mentioned before, the heart wants Compass.
Just rearranged the exact words you said above. There lies the answer. A car purchase over 30 lacs has nothing to do with the brain. It’s all about what the heart wants.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th February 2021 at 08:34. Reason: Quote tags fixed
fast&curious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 22:15   #395
Team-BHP Support

Speaking of Compass pricing, my friend and I were actually discussing this threadbare given he’s very close to pulling the trigger on the car. Honestly, even with solid engineering factored, 4x4 and the bigger engine (negated a bit by its poorly tuned gearbox), we felt it hard to understand how an S / AT Compass is worth more than 7 lakh “at most” over a top of line Creta AT. Alternately how its worth more than a lakh or so at best over a Tucson.

In another analogy, for just a touch over the price of one S / AT diesel compass, one can buy a top of line diesel Creta AT AND a top of the line Thar 4x4 diesel AT.

I really do believe the Compass is an excellent product with one or two annoying lacunae (principally the badly tuned gearbox mating on the diesel AT combined with lack of paddle shifters). It’ll attract a some attention for a few months into its launch but I’m pretty sure at this price it’s damned in the mid to long term.
Axe77 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 07:45   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
My plight is the same as yours But I thought to myself, to be patient for a few days, and enjoy the better part of the next 10 years. I had a bad personal experience with Volkswagen and have taken an oath not to deal with them ever again. If I do go for a German, It would be one of the big 3.
Apart from Driving pleasure, the next most pleasurable thing is trouble free ownership. Based on my experience with Fiat cars, I'm very hopeful that the Compass would be rock solid in terms of reliability. One should be wary, when offered to take up warranty for 7 years ��
I have never had such a pathetic sales experience with any brand as I've had with Jeep through Landmark Worli.

It's been a week and just like I expected, I've received no call nor update on my interest in the vehicle. The sales person has not even bothered to call me as a courtesy on my request for an update on the test drive for the vehicle this weekend. Either they yet don't have the model S for display and testing or they really feel they don't need to even try and make an effort to sell the vehicle. It'll just sell itself.

I'll wait for 1 more week. If this continues to be their approach to potential customers, they can keep their "luxury SUV" brand claims for themselves. I'd rather take my money to a brand which values it's customers.
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 08:13   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Either they yet don't have the model S for display and testing or they really feel they don't need to even try and make an effort to sell the vehicle.
I think I had seen a blue Model 'S' standing on display inside the Landmark Showroom, Worli a week back while passing the showroom at night.
Old 19th February 2021, 08:19   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I think I had seen a blue Model 'S' standing on display inside the Landmark Showroom, Worli a week back while passing the showroom at night.
The blue model they had on display was the Limited. No model S.

The red was a Diesel 4x4 Anniversary trim
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 08:32   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The blue model they had on display was the Limited. No model S.

The red was a Diesel 4x4 Anniversary trim
Landmark Juhu has a white model S for test-drive.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 09:54   #400
BHPian

Quote:
I have never had such a pathetic sales experience with any brand as I've had with Jeep through Landmark Worli.
Even my sales experience with Landmark Juhu has been less than ideal. There are 15 Salesmen in that tiny showroom in Juhu. I am assuming the same might be the case in Worli if not more. If despite that they cannot respond to prospective customers then it just sounds like they are lazy and are not really concerned. Because I am sure there is no way in hell 15 sales folks are tied up with something for so long despite a spike in interest at launch.
Thankfully my SA is a good guy so no complaints from him but overall like many others above I am still waiting for a date on the delivery of my Jeep. There has been no update from FCA on this even to the dealer.

The last update I got about a few days back was:
- Only 1 petrol MT variant has been delivered to a customer till date in Juhu
- They have got allocation for 28 vehicles from FCA but none of them are AT variants (and none of them in the new colours!)
- Expected date of arrival for my Galaxy Blue 'S' 4x4 is March 2nd week (pushed by a week from the last time I spoke to him)
- He keeps saying Mumbai will be the first to get allocation for S and I should be the first one in Mumbai to get it but I am not sure if there is any truth to it.

And yes Landmark Juhu has a White S 4x4 for available for TD.

Last edited by scarezebra : 19th February 2021 at 10:10.
scarezebra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 12:51   #401
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Guys, wanted to understand, what are your thoughts on the Compass Sport Variant (Petrol MT). Here in Kolkata, you can land one for around 18.90L OTR (including insurance from outside, etc.). It misses out on some basic kit like electrically foldable mirrors, et al. Apart from that it has most of the other features no?

Also, I have driven the petrol manual and to be honest, it is great. It is way better than the auto variants.

P.S: I love the simple 5 spoke alloy design.

Any thoughts?

Attaching a few YT videos for reference:

Last edited by Pancham : 19th February 2021 at 12:55.
Old 19th February 2021, 13:51   #402
BHPian

Quote:
The sales person has not even bothered to call me as a courtesy on my request for an update on the test drive for the vehicle this weekend. Either they yet don't have the model S for display and testing or they really feel they don't need to even try and make an effort to sell the vehicle.
I live in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Not the main city of my state, but yet the dealer has a S-variant on display and test drive started almost 10 days ago. I got a very long approx. 30 km drive and I spend around 15-20 min fiddling around with the gadgets on board. I guess the fault is with your local dealer. Also my SA has been transparent and informed me the allocation process is taking time, due to logistics delay from the Jeep Plant. He had informed me delivery anytime before March 2nd week. Also, he has requested me to go for a 2nd LONGER test drive, so that I will be satisfied, till my vehicle arrives

Last edited by Harsha89 : 19th February 2021 at 13:52. Reason: Forgot to add a word
Old 19th February 2021, 23:08   #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, wanted to understand, what are your thoughts on the Compass Sport Variant (Petrol MT).
Hi Pancham, I have booked Petrol MT variant after doing lot of research vis a vis my requirements.

The only downside was absence of Fog Lamp and SA told me that it can't be retrofitted as well.

I have opted for rear parcel tray and roof rail to make up for some of the essentials.

You can very well consider this as MT won't have similar reliability issues as DDCT IMHO.
getlakshya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 00:21   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getlakshya View Post
Hi Pancham, I have booked Petrol MT variant after doing lot of research vis a vis my requirements.

The only downside was absence of Fog Lamp and SA told me that it can't be retrofitted as well.

I have opted for rear parcel tray and roof rail to make up for some of the essentials.

You can very well consider this as MT won't have similar reliability issues as DDCT IMHO.
Wow. I did not expect anyone from here to book so soon. Please do share more details: waiting period, any luck with offers, how much did the parcel tray cost?

Also, did you test drive the petrol manual? If yes, did you like it ? It’s funny but I liked it way better than the diesel auto.

On a separate note, in the higher variants, the orange accents on the inside don’t really go well with the red exterior. I really like the red colour on the Compass.

Last edited by Pancham : 20th February 2021 at 00:25.
Old 20th February 2021, 09:01   #405
BHPian

I got this yesterday from the dealer, not sure if these are their assumptions or if they got this information from Jeep/FCA. Waiting periods are understandable for cars with huge demand like Hyundai Creta. There is a 4 month waiting period for top variant. The dealers aren’t getting top variants for delivery, looks like there is a supply issue. Now I feel stupid for selling off my Elantra believing Jeep’s announcement that the deliveries will start from Feb 2nd.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-c704efd65810493cba653ae7e7d55ed5.jpeg
navaneeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed