Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2021, 19:53   #466
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Now that summer is approaching, can any new owner confirm how good the ventilated seats are?
I don't think any of the members TBHP have got deliveries of the S model yet. Since that's the only one with ventilatted seats it may be a week or two more before anyone can give a review on that.
Old 26th February 2021, 20:27   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harjot37 View Post
I'm not so sure about the green, as I have not seen it personally. My SA sent me the pics of the "HULK".
On a side note, I have found the name of soon-to-be-ours car Would be taking the delivery in April. Wish me luck.
The green any day. Best of luck!
DaiusPitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 06:07   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Now that summer is approaching, can any new owner confirm how good the ventilated seats are?
They're okay. They don't cool as fast as the ones in Seltos, but you won't be disappointed. Someone mentioned that you could hear the blowers in them, but I couldn't with the AC on.
Harjot37 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 10:17   #469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
The diesel manual has a good powerful engine. If you get a chance do check it out in person. They have actually done quite well with the interiors (new 2021 version). If only they still had the 4X4 manual on sale. Sigh!
Yes, the Diesel manual is indeed a great variant. I unfortunately don’t ever see myself buying a manual car so wouldn’t even bother test driving. The Compass is definitely a great product (with some annoying imperfections). It’s Achilles heel is that is probably overpriced by about 5-7 lakh depending on variant.
Old 27th February 2021, 10:43   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

One aspect to note with the new facelift is that the new variants are now better speced than the earlier variants. For example, the Longitude variant now is almost equivalent to the Limited version earlier in specs and features. All variants also get much better led headlights whereas earlier most of the lower variants had halogen headlights.
In my opinion the best value variant in the new lineup is the Longitude variant.
Old 27th February 2021, 11:35   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Most people would have an underwhelming initial impression of ventilated seats. Ventilated seats just have few tiny blower fans to circulate the cabin air inside the seat and through the small perforations in the leather.

If you have parked the car in the hot sun and seats have become pretty hot, it takes a disappointingly long time to cool the seats depending on the cabin air temperature. However on a long drive, the ventilation mechanism does an excellent job of preventing your back from sweating and sticking to the seat adding greatly to the overall comfort.

The noise from the blowers will be prominent if the seat is unoccupied, else you can barely hear it. While checking out the feature, it is likely that the seat is vacant.

My fav party trick is to turn on the ventilation for passenger-seat along with AC on cold setting some 10 minutes before I pick up someone from airport, etc. You get a "why do I feel so comfortable?" look from the passenger as soon as they get in.
androdev is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 11:53   #472

My friend's booked an S model petrol. According to the website, we can get a tan-and-black leather interior, rather than the all-black, but the dealer (Landmark, Gurgaon) denies the option of a tan-and-black. He says only all-black. Request if members who've booked the S can please confirm the tan-and-black option is available or not. Thanks.

Also, it seems Green is simply unavailable (or being discouraged). May go for red instead. Blue is the easiest to get.
Old 27th February 2021, 14:58   #473
BHPian

Also, it seems Green is simply unavailable (or being discouraged). May go for red instead. Blue is the easiest to get.[/quote]

The Techno green is curiously hard to get. Have booked a limited variant and have been told that the vehicle is dispatched and will reach Mumbai on Monday. Will keep all informed .

Have had multiple discussions with Sales teams and
and after hearing their pitches , my thinking is that FCA seems to have communicated with dealers to be more proactive about Sports as it is hoped that Sports will eat into Creta and Seltos numbers . It is not even available in GREEN AND blue. Basically convert the fence sitters with Sports and then incentive the premium through Longitude pitch case by case.. Limited and S sell on their own and sell Green in these two variants to make a premium mark . Also a lot of S in Green for India and Export apparently.

All conjecture.
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 15:21   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Mind sharing the final on-road price in Mumbai?
INR 28.3 lac .

3M PPF is expensive! 1.5 lac for Venture shield on prone areas !

My SA says me being there during PDI is not possible as it is done as per workshop schedule and even they are not involved. Have read that many bhpians are present during PDO. Can someone guide me on how do myself to be allowed for the PDI. ?

Also attaching a collage made from pics taken in our several visits.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-img_20210214_124506collage.jpg  

CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 18:46   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
My SA says me being there during PDI is not possible as it is done as per workshop schedule and even they are not involved. Have read that many bhpians are present during PDO. Can someone guide me on how do myself to be allowed for the PDI.
I did my own PDI when I bought my car. I told the SA to keep the car ready. I went to the showroom, checked out the car thoroughly and then paid the money. All this was agreed with the SA in advance. I was told that very few people actually do a PDI, and once I mentioned “Team-BHP”, I got a knowing look from the SA.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 19:41   #476
BHPian

so finally got to test drive the 4x4 Diesel Limitrd automatic and I've to say I was certainly not expecting it to be that pleasant! yes there's a bit of turbo lag but this engine and gearbox combination did catch me off guard from an all round perspective! I've to say it's actually a very nice package.

Admittedly my reference point was the GT's DSG and I could tell that there's a noticeable difference for sure in the responsiveness but even at the end of it, I still couldn't really find fault with this combination. Yes there is that lag below 1500/2000 rpm but this engine is no slouch. It actually caught me off guard a bit with its ability to get to speed quickly! I only realised I was at 80 (it felt as though it was just 60) when the warning chime went off!

The steering is light! in fact I felt it was a bit too light at low speeds but not in a scary kind of way. Turning it was easy too in city and traffic conditions. Low speeds the Compass does tend to feel a bit lazy but once you're in the mid 20's and above it's just fine. The NVH levels are quite good! To my ears I thought the under floor isolation could be better as I felt the tyre roll sound did come through a bit but nothing from the motor in front (made a conscious choice to drive without the stereo/radio playing... which sounded great btw) which is quite nice considering you can hear this engine clatter when you're standing beside it outside. The only time I did find this engine and gearbox fiddling to get in sync was in a bit of traffic and yes, you can somehow tell they're not perfectly aligned in the sense that it came across as "gruff". The PD review video actually used the correct term to describe this behaviour as gruff. But when I noticed this, it didn't take more than 3/5 seconds to sort itself out. I suspect it was hunting for gears when doing this.

Body roll is present, but not too heavy. Braking too was excellent!! This vehicle has no issues losing speed in a hurry!! Overall, this car is really really a good step up from the previous version.

All in all I'm really quite impressed. The only issue I cannot wrap my head around is the pricing. Nothing to take away from the quality, it's all there, but in my mind, it's just 3/4 lakhs more than what I think would have been spot on and the sweet spot in terms of pricing
Vandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 09:01   #477

hello Team-BHP, My family is planning on buying the Jeep Compass S trim but confused between the petrol and diesel, (petrol has terrible mileage, and feels strained ; diesel has only 10 year rule in Delhi/NCR where it is going to be mostly driven) or should we wait for the Kodiaq 2.0 TSI which might cost around 42 L on road ( I suppose) and might come before June , also considering the 5 seater Tiguan Facelift with the 2.0 TSI and 4motion.
Old 28th February 2021, 22:30   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight View Post
hello Team-BHP, My family is planning on buying the Jeep Compass S trim but confused between the petrol and diesel, (petrol has terrible mileage, and feels strained ; diesel has only 10 year rule in Delhi/NCR where it is going to be mostly driven) or should we wait for the Kodiaq 2.0 TSI which might cost around 42 L on road ( I suppose) and might come before June , also considering the 5 seater Tiguan Facelift with the 2.0 TSI and 4motion.
The ride quality in the Compass is much better than Tiguan, which is OTR close to INR40 lac . The heated seated seats in VW Tiguan were big put-off and substantially more body roll. COnsidering you are in Gurugram and if you driving across NCR, a diesel JC makes sense. Depending on driving style, Manual or an automatic. For me the Automatic is a breeze. In ten years the EV scene hopefully will be very tempting to avoid .
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 00:40   #479
BHPian

I am in Gurugram and considering Diesel S Trim Manual in Galaxy Blue colour in place of my Vitara Brezza ZDi+. Would have gone with 4x4 but do not enjoy driving automatics and hence, no choice but to go for 4x2. It will be mostly driven around NCR for daily commute and occasional road trips and getaways to the nearby States and particularly the hills. The experiences shared by fellow Bhpians on the lazy automatic makes it all the more difficult to convince myself from even considering the automatic. Any thoughts/ suggestions about 4x2 Diesel S Trim Manual? Any idea on the OTR price and waiting period in Gurugram?
Old 1st March 2021, 09:52   #480
BHPian

Got this photo from my SA in the morning. Finally, my compass ( S Diesel 4x4 ) reached the dealership. Will hopefully be delivered on Wednesday

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-photo20210301094246.jpg
navaneeth is offline   (17) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks