Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 10:37   #481
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Got this photo from my SA in the morning. Finally, my compass ( S Diesel 4x4 ) reached the dealership. Will hopefully be delivered on Wednesday

Attachment 2127199
Congrats Navneeth!

I've also booked Compass 4x4 AT. I've few questions:

- How much time did it take from Allotment to this milestone (Car reaching dealership)?
- My understanding is that you do complete payment when it is allotted (but it is still at plant) then wait for car to be transported to dealership. Is that correct?
- Are you going for any after market anti theft add-ons for your new AT compass?
Old 1st March 2021, 10:52   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
- My understanding is that you do complete payment when it is allotted (but it is still at plant) then wait for car to be transported to dealership. Is that correct?
Payment can be paid by half, until the car reaches the dealership. After PDI, can complete remainder payment. But it's dealer-specific, some dealers mandate full payment before PDI at dealership yard.
Old 1st March 2021, 11:29   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Navneeth!
- How much time did it take from Allotment to this milestone (Car reaching dealership)?
It's a very long story (saving it for the ownership thread ). In short, I pre-booked the car on Dec 18th, confirmed color and variant on Jan 27th, got allocation on Feb 12th, got billed/dispatched on Feb 24th, and reached Calicut on March 1st.

Quote:
No, I paid the whole amount when the car got dispatched from the plant. I did this on a guarantee from the dealer that they will not start the registration process before I inspecting the car in person.

Quote:
- Are you going for any after market anti theft add-ons for your new AT compass?
No, I still am not convinced why it is needed. I had seen the video where some guys unlock a Compass and drive off. I believe it's an inside job ( mostly by the service center people or valets ). Otherwise, we would've seen headlines like " Jeep Compasses disappears from all over the world ".
navaneeth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 00:42   #484
BHPian

Hello everyone. This is my first ever post on Team-BHP. Would like to thank the mods for approving my membership. I’m super excited to be a part of this wonderful community. Have been reading car reviews on this amazing community for a lot of years now. I reside in Gurgaon and my office is in Delhi.

I booked Compass petrol automatic anniversary edition in February. Dealer has committed to deliver the car by end of march. Would like to share with everyone why and how I decided to go for the compass petrol Auto.

We sold our Verna 1.6 diesel automatic after completing 1,35,000 kms. Test drove the Kia seltos 1.4 Dct. Diesel was never considered due to the NGT rule for diesel cars in delhi/NCR. Was really impressed with the engine and the gearbox combination of the seltos as it was nice and refined with a lot of punch. Amount of features offered on the top spec were hard to ignore. I personally didn’t like the way seltos looked from the rear.

Interiors again were nothing special. On top of that we all know how safe seltos really is. Overall the car failed to win my heart but head was saying yes as we needed a car urgently. Ended up booking the seltos 1.4 dct in white colour. Creta was never considered as I hate the way it looks. Octavia and Altis are discontinued. Compass was also never considered due to its pricing.

Few days after paying the booking amount for seltos, I came to know via Team-Bhp that a compass facelift was coming soon. Read and saw all the reviews and videos regarding compass. Then compass facelift was finally introduced and I really liked the interiors and found the car to be very visually appealing. Only thing that kept me from booking compass facelift was the pricing. I was badly hoping that some sort of common sense will prevail and FCA will not increase the pricing further.

Meanwhile, I got a call regarding my seltos that it had been allocated and shall be delivered soon. I told the sales representative that I would like to wait for compass’ pricing and then make the call. Eventually i cancelled my seltos booking only for FCA to increase prices further. Price reveal on the compass facelift really broke my heart. Petrol auto was dearer by more than a lakh now. Seltos dct was around 20 lakhs and compass was coming around 27 lakhs. I told myself no way was I going to pay such a premium. Called my sales representative at Kia to book the seltos again.

Meanwhile I got a call from jeep dealership in gurgaon that display cars had arrived and I could check them but no test drive cars were available at that moment. Me and my wife went casually to check the compass. As soon as we entered the showroom we saw a white anniversary edition compass. It looked absolutely stunning. It was love at first sight. FCA have done a tremendous job with the interior of the compass. All black interior is of really high quality and makes the car look super premium. New steering is nice too. Grey colour on the grill, alloys and OVRMs in the anniversary edition look really nice. Body coloured bumpers and side cladding also help in enhancing the visual appeal of the car. Wife instantly said ‘ye hoti hai car’ and most importantly my heart said a big YES. Cancelled the seltos booking again and paid 50,000 as booking amount to jeep dealership. Saw the car in red and blue colour as well but white colour anniversary edition looked absolutely beautiful to our eyes. Almost looks like a cherokee now.

Better Safety, premium interior, superior build quality and great exterior of compass is why it is 7-8 lakhs more expensive than seltos. FCA is offering safety related features which might help save someone’s life. Made in India compass is being sold in Foreign markets like Australia, New Zealand and Japan. ANCAP gave made in India compass a 5 star rating. I’m aware that it does not mean that the compass sold in India is same as the compass which is being exported but I’m sure it is much safer than Seltos. I know whether it is looking from outside or sitting inside,the compass is going to bring a smile on my face for next 6-7 years. I do have concerns regarding its fuel efficiency,maintenance costs, resale value but then I have chosen to listen to my heart this one time.

Took a test drive of the petrol automatic both in Gurgaon and delhi. Will share my personal take on driving experience in a separate post. For now I’m eagerly waiting for my car to arrive.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd March 2021 at 12:03. Reason: Please use a space after a punctuation mark. Thanks.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 10:10   #485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
Hello everyone.This is my first ever post on Team-BHP.Would like to thank the mods for approving my membership.I’m super excited to be a part of this wonderful community.Have been reading car reviews on this amazing community for a lot of years now.I reside in gurgaon and my office is in delhi.
I booked compass petrol automatic anniversary edition in February.Dealer has committed to deliver the car by end of march.Would like to share with everyone why and how I decided to go for the compass petrol Auto.
Welcome to Team BHP Sahil and nice to know that you went ahead with the Compass instead of the Seltos. The Build quality and safety of the Compass is miles ahead and definitely worth it! With the facelift they have also really made the interiors very savvy and nice. I have the pre-facelift compass Diesel (bought it in Aug 2017) and it is 3.5 years old now. Been running perfectly fine - only issue so far was battery failure at around 20 month mark. New ones now come with better batteries so that should not be a problem now. I am also based at Gurgaon and we have a strong Jeep community in Delhi NCR. Once you cross newbie level and also have gotten delivery of your Compass , send me a PM with your number and I will have you added to the Delhi NCR whatsapp group for Jeepers. All the best with your new Compass and also looking forward to your ownership thread!
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:08   #486
BHPian

My driving will be 70% city and 30% long trips. I love the torque of the diesel but 4X4 is beyond my budget. I plan to look into the Limited version.

Is Diesel manual manageable in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic? This will be my primary car.

Petrol Automatic is within budget however the mileage figures are scary and would want to avoid.
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:52   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
My driving will be 70% city and 30% long trips. I love the torque of the diesel but 4X4 is beyond my budget. I plan to look into the Limited version.

Is Diesel manual manageable in bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic? This will be my primary car.

Petrol Automatic is within budget however the mileage figures are scary and would want to avoid.

Petrol Automatic would be more suitable in Bengaluru traffic. Mileage, though lesser than Diesel, is largely dependent on the foot - throttling habits.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:53   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Once you cross newbie level and also have gotten delivery of your Compass , send me a PM with your number and I will have you added to the Delhi NCR whatsapp group for Jeepers. All the best with your new Compass and also looking forward to your ownership thread!
This is the main reason I wanted to be part of Team-BHP family, to gain knowledge & interact with like minded fellow members (Thanks again moderators for accepting my membership!).

I'll also PM you my number once my compass gets delivered (I am based in Noida), please add me too. Since i am a newbie, now i am going to figure out how to send a PM
Old 2nd March 2021, 16:48   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post

I’ve been to bangalore a couple of times and the traffic is much worse compared to delhi/Ncr.I think it is a must for you to have an automatic gearbox.Automatic would make your life a lot easier in bad traffic conditions.How much is your daily running ?If it is not too much then compass petrol auto can be considered.Harrier diesel auto is another option but i didn’t really like the interiors on the harrier.Pricing of Citroen aircross will be out soon and maybe if it is priced aggressively,then it might fall within your budget.You could also wait for launch of skoda kushaq and Volkswagen taigun.
Old 3rd March 2021, 02:57   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone. This is my first ever post on Team-BHP. Would like to thank the mods for approving my membership. I'm super excited to be a part of this wonderful community. Have been reading car reviews on this amazing community for a lot of years now. I reside in Gurgaon and my office is in Delhi.

Hi Sahil, welcome on board and thank you for sharing your experience. Congratulations on booking the Compass. Wanted to check if the Gurgaon showroom has a Diesel manual for test drive. Also if you can kindly share the OTR, discounts on offer and expected timelines for delivery. As you would note from my previous post, I also live in Gurgaon and work in NCR and looking to replace my Brezza ZDi+ for a manual Diesel S variant.
Old 3rd March 2021, 06:41   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
. Also if you can kindly share the OTR, discounts on offer and expected timelines for delivery. .
I've attached the NCR price list (uploaded for first time, not sure where it will show up in post). I can tell about Landmark Mathura road, no discounts on 2021 facelift.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf jeep_price_list.pdf (560.7 KB, 349 views)
pankaj_9730 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:21   #492
BHPian

Quote:
I’ve been to bangalore a couple of times and the traffic is much worse compared to delhi/Ncr.I think it is a must for you to have an automatic gearbox.Automatic would make your life a lot easier in bad traffic conditions.How much is your daily running ?If it is not too much then compass petrol auto can be considered.Harrier diesel auto is another option but i didn’t really like the interiors on the harrier.Pricing of Citroen aircross will be out soon and maybe if it is priced aggressively,then it might fall within your budget.You could also wait for launch of skoda kushaq and Volkswagen taigun.
My average run is 10k kms a year. Petrol engine simply lacks the punch of a Diesel. In that case Harrier might get the nod as I can live with reasonable interiors. Also, the brown interiors in Harrier are actually very good. Might not be as amazing as Jeep (haven't seen it personally yet). Also the airiness in Harrier cabin is fantastic considering it's size.

I will test drive a Diesel manual and check out the brown-silver interiors of Limited before taking a call.

Taigun and Kushaq look a bit small and would mean i wait another 6 months which i would try to avoid.
Old 3rd March 2021, 12:31   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Hi Sahil, welcome on board and thank you for sharing your experience. Congratulations on booking the Compass. Wanted to check if the Gurgaon showroom has a Diesel manual for test drive. Also if you can kindly share the OTR, discounts on offer and expected timelines for delivery. As you would note from my previous post, I also live in Gurgaon and work in NCR and looking to replace my Brezza ZDi+ for a manual Diesel S variant.
Yes,they do have a compass manual for test drive.Compass petrol auto anniversary edition with delhi registration costed me 27.70 with my own zero dep insurance.I made the booking on my company’s name so it costed me more.If I would have booked it on a personal name then the amount would have been lessor by about 60,000.They are just giving discounts on already inflated insurance and calling it a discount.In reality there is no discount at all.Delivery time really depends on your colour choice,trim and other factors.Mine should take about a month from the booking date if the dealership honours its commitment.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:14   #494
BHPian

Not sure if anyone would be interested, but seems like this dealer in Himachal has some stock left of the 2020 Compass.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-d46e37fbcc4c4691a55a693ec44f8cf1.jpeg

With discounts it could prove to be a compelling proposition since you’re getting mostly the same car, with just a “different” interior design. It’s still the same car mechanically.

Also for someone upgrading the interior will still be a “new” one compared the car one’s upgrading from.
fast&curious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:23   #495
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post

With discounts it could prove to be a compelling proposition since you’re getting mostly the same car, with just a “different” interior design. It’s still the same car mechanically.

Yikes. I beg to differ on this F&C. With all due respect, the new interiors are in a different league altogether. If you are spending 80-85% of a 2021 Compass money and getting an older version, I reckon it's better to stretch that extra bit and get the new one. This is considering the old Compass money itself is a lot in generic terms.

Given that you spend all the time on the inside, personally, having nice interiors works for me.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks