Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 12:50   #526
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

[quote=navaneeth;5015667]Finally, after a lot of frustration, my galaxy blue Compass S 4x4 is home
Congratulations sir, I am still awaiting my order. Enjoy your new ride and looking forward to your trip reports!
saumitra_joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 22:28   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am glad to share that we got the delivery of Jeep Compass - Limited Variant DDCT Techno - Green. I cannot stop smiling...

My wife did not like the black interiors - hence we gave the 80th Anniversary edition a miss .

I was informed 4days back of the delivery, after which I was out I was town . Landmark Mumbai Juhu - I must say did a great job and I am pleasantly surprised by the professionalism, specially after reading some experiences here.
Congratulations! You are probably the first person to get a techno green in Mumbai.. How long did it take from confirmation/allocation to delivery for you? I am still awaiting allocation for my Galaxy Blue. My SA told me that allocation should happen this week.
I am not overly frustrated with my experience with Landmark Juhu because it seems like they are doing what they can to speed up delivery. FCA has been kind of a weak link with their lack of communication and vague responses.
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 23:17   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Congratulations! You are probably the first person to get a techno green in Mumbai.. How long did it take from confirmation/allocation to delivery for you? I am still awaiting allocation for my Galaxy Blue. My SA told me that allocation should happen this week.
I am not overly frustrated with my experience with Landmark Juhu because it seems like they are doing what they can to speed up delivery. FCA has been kind of a weak link with their lack of communication and vague responses.
We confirmed the color on Feb15 after several discussions with SA and others in Sales team. Allocation was last week of Feb- but honestly I was very skeptical..

FCA surely is strange - perhaps a senior BHPian should write to Mr. Partha Datta. The Sales team were also perplexed it seems. My Techno - Green when was getting ready was visited by atleast a dozen families as no one had seen the green.
Old 7th March 2021, 23:37   #529
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

After stalking Harrier for 1 - 1.5 years and dealing with multiple Tata SAs I ended up booking a Jeep Compass today. #impulsive #neverdoneitbefore

Can you please share the insurance quotes that you received from your SA? I am trying to negotiate on that (1.2l) and Handling charges of 10k.

Also, if anyone can throw some light on the accessories I should get from Jeep. The mats would cost me 7.7k, would I get better ones outside? Please share some details on the basic accessories for the Limited variant.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 8th March 2021, 00:35   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Hello BHPians,

After stalking Harrier for 1 - 1.5 years and dealing with multiple Tata SAs I ended up booking a Jeep Compass today. #impulsive #neverdoneitbefore

Wow, that decision was quickly made.I was expecting you to take some time before taking the call.I’m guessing you went for the diesel manual.What’s the colour ? Insurance should be around 60-65k if you take it from
Jeep.If you take your own insurance it would be lessor than that.Check with your SA if he’s willing to match your quote.
Old 8th March 2021, 01:12   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
Insurance should be around 60-65k if you take it from

Jeep.If you take your own insurance it would be lessor than that.Check with your SA if he’s willing to match your quote.

Wanted to check on the scope for negotiating on the Delivery/ Documentation charged which is fixed at INR 23,600. Not sure about the justification for the same. Also, I have been given a discounted insurance quote of INR 78,832 for Manual Diesel 4x2 S Variant, which is inclusive of insurance (bundle plan), which I believe is 3rd party insurance coverage for 3 years. Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 01:18   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

Can you please share the insurance quotes that you received from your SA? I am trying to negotiate on that (1.2l) and Handling charges of 10k.

Also, if anyone can throw some light on the accessories I should get from Jeep. The mats would cost me 7.7k, would I get better ones outside? Please share some details on the basic accessories for the Limited variant.

Good decision. We bought the Basic kit of accessories for INR 35000- we got the 5D mats included in it. Insurance for INR 60000 (Zero Dep, including consumables). Depending on the color - decide on PPF
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 07:41   #533
BHPian

Quote:
We confirmed the color on Feb15 after several discussions with SA and others in Sales team. Allocation was last week of Feb- but honestly I was very skeptical..
I also confirmed color on Feb 17th but no allocation yet! you got lucky!

No Idea why Techno Green is taking more time, not only for allocation but display cars arrived pretty late. In Delhi, they got techno green on 17th Feb whereas other colors (white, grey) were in the showroom on 31st Jan
Old 8th March 2021, 10:18   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
Wow, that decision was quickly made.I was expecting you to take some time before taking the call.I’m guessing you went for the diesel manual. What’s the colour ? Insurance should be around 60-65k if you take it from
Yes Diesel Manual, Blue. Took my father to see the Harrier after negotiating with TATA SA but then decided let him have a look at the Jeep as well. He is always against big brands. But once he experienced the Jeep exterior and interior he was blown away. "This car deserves 3 laks more" were his exact words. So just went for it.

Plan to get the insurance from Jeep. He had quoted 1.12l.

What about Handling Charges? He is charging 10k. Did you also get that added to your bill?

Quote:
Good decision. We bought the Basic kit of accessories for INR 35000- we got the 5D mats included in it. Insurance for INR 60000 (Zero Dep, including consumables). Depending on the color - decide on PPF
I want the 5D mats and the mud flaps. Rest all is not required hence will avoid the kit.

Do I really need PPF? I went for the Blue but many people believe that colors are well protected these days and PPF is not a requirement. Is it really needed?

Last edited by abhatt : 8th March 2021 at 10:41.
abhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 10:50   #535
BHPian

Issues I faced so far:

a) I still am not able to get the Jeep Life app working. The app just says "Invalid VIN". Many other owners on facebook are facing the same issue.
b) There is a noise coming from the right side of the dashboard or A-pillar. It's very noticeable as the car otherwise has a very silent cabin. I Will check with the service center once am back home.

Quote:
FCA surely is strange - perhaps a senior BHPian should write to Mr. Partha Datta.
I had already done this I sent a long email explaining the experience of booking the Compass.
navaneeth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 11:00   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Issues I faced so far:

a) I still am not able to get the Jeep Life app working. The app just says "Invalid VIN". Many other owners on facebook are facing the same issue.
b) There is a noise coming from the right side of the dashboard or A-pillar. It's very noticeable as the car otherwise has a very silent cabin. I Will check with the service center once am back home.

I had already done this I sent a long email explaining the experience of booking the Compass.
Hi Navaneeth,
I believe your vehicle is new (few weeks old). I believe it takes some time for the vehicle VIN to be registered in there database before you can register.
I had the same issue when registering in the jeeplife site. A month later everything worked fine.

-John
john.gt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 11:12   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
Hi Navaneeth,
I believe your vehicle is new (few weeks old). I believe it takes some time for the vehicle VIN to be registered in there database before you can register.
I had the same issue when registering in the jeeplife site. A month later everything worked fine.

-John
Taking time to register the VIN should be something they speed up now since there are some basic anti-theft features built into the app now. If they take close to a month for registration then that leaves the car a bit more vulnerable to thefts.
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 11:38   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
Taking time to register the VIN should be something they speed up now since there are some basic anti-theft features built into the app now. If they take close to a month for registration then that leaves the car a bit more vulnerable to thefts.
Can you please describe little bit on anti-theft features, I have been asking Dealership & FCA (Through Emails). But they could not reply what are anti theft features (FCA email says JC has 'enough' anti theft features, but didn't say what are those). My questions were:

- SA showed a small device and said this will be connected to your JC, required for Jeep life. I wanted to understand, where this device is connected? how easy it is for a thief to remove it and make all features useless?

- is it advisable disable fancy features like connected car, control through app. I am kind of paranoid about connecting important things to internet and apps
Old 8th March 2021, 12:46   #539
BHPian

Quote:

Do I really need PPF? I went for the Blue but many people believe that colors are well protected these days and PPF is not a requirement. Is it really needed?
It depends on where you drive - some risks of driving in high density heterogeneous traffic would be mitigated. It is my first time, and perhaps it is for peace of mind. An extra layer - the logic is the same as a scratch guard on the phone screens.
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 13:10   #540

Took a test drive of New Jeep Compass; White Limited Diesel Manual, Red Limited Petrol AT.

My observations:
1) Center console dimensions hinders the easy resting of the left leg. Am not sure if we would get used to this or will this be a problem over long rides.
2) The diesel clutch is heavy. I have been driving honda city petrol for almost 10years, and coming from that background I feet the Jeep diesel clutch to be very heavy for my liking.
3) The back seat comfort could have been better.(Again coming from the sedan background)
4) The dummy controls on the steering wheel look odd for a vehicle costing 22L(Limited).
5) The key fob control placement look cheap, as if its a aftermarket fitment.
6) The diesel manual is responsive and punchy. The petrol AT has a lag and not upto my liking.
7) The tan interiors on Limited look a bit mismatch on photos. In reality the tan looks very good when you are on a driving seat. Gives a premium feel. On a white exterior body, the tan on the door panels look good but for a red exterior body the tan on door is just ok.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th March 2021 at 10:36. Reason: Putting space after points.
prpWanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks