Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2022, 09:52   #166
BHPian

Re: 2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The dashcam can be wired easily from here and the cable can be hidden along the trims.

Also another aspect I want to highlight is the comfort of the Hector Plus Captain seats.
Thanks for confirming this! Which Dash+rear camera are you using? Can Hector's 360 camera record and store videos like XUV700? If not, I hope they add this feature, hence removing the need of dashcam.

My wife was convinced about Hector the day she sat behind during TD.

With a lot of facelifts coming up in next 2 months, hope MG will also launch Hector facelift by July.
Old 27th May 2022, 10:24   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Thanks for confirming this! Which Dash+rear camera are you using? Can Hector's 360 camera record and store videos like XUV700? If not, I hope they add this feature, hence removing the need of dashcam.

My wife was convinced about Hector the day she sat behind during TD.

With a lot of facelifts coming up in next 2 months, hope MG will also launch Hector facelift by July.
I am using a 70mai (front) dashcam as below
70mai Dash Cam Lite, 1080P Full HD, STARVIS IMX307, Built-in Wi-Fi, Emergency Recording, APP Control, G-Sensor, WDR, Parking Monitoring https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XCS8QH7/...E9MWV60A7R9TNR

in my Jeep Compass (I haven't installed one in the Hector yet), but length and position of usb port is almost identical in both and the same dashcam will fit easily and wire length is sufficient to reach from that usb port.

The Hector Plus doesn't have any recording of 360 degree cameras (not that I am aware of yet.. if it is there and others have found it, pls let me know!)

The challenge for that would be expandable memory as the infotainment system only has limited memory (16Gb IIRC) and hence recording videos will be a problem unless you can put in a 64/128 GB SD card somewhere (which is not an option in the current model. Maybe in future models they will address this. Also the current model does not have wifi Android auto even though it has wifi. This feature may be added later though)
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 11:38   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Also the current model does not have wifi Android auto even though it has wifi. This feature may be added later though)
Thank you for confirming this! After reading the review at TeamBHP that Hector supports Wireless Android Auto, I tried testing the feature just last evening! Unfortunately, it did not work in my Sharp CVT. Infact, Android Auto Integration sux big time! It only uses just small center portion of the entire screen and the icons also look pixelated. I find CarPlay integration much better.

Another aspect I loved is that Navigation from MapmyIndia shows speed camera alerts very precisely. Earlier I had to use third-party apps like Radarbot. Driving in NCR is now less stressful.
Old 27th May 2022, 14:28   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
Thank you for confirming this! After reading the review at TeamBHP that Hector supports Wireless Android Auto, I tried testing the feature just last evening! Unfortunately, it did not work in my Sharp CVT. Infact, Android Auto Integration sux big time! It only uses just small center portion of the entire screen and the icons also look pixelated. I find CarPlay integration much better.

Another aspect I loved is that Navigation from MapmyIndia shows speed camera alerts very precisely. Earlier I had to use third-party apps like Radarbot. Driving in NCR is now less stressful.
It must have been a mistake in reading about wireless AA, as till date MG has not introduced this in either Hector or Astor. On screen resolution, Google will be releasing an update soon which will make Android auto compatible with any sized screen inside car.

If I am not wrong, you have left a review on CarWale as well. Read that few minutes back. Did you replace your 5 YO Merc GLA with Hector? Look forward to your review on TeamBHP with details on mileage and experience till date.
manpreetsj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 12:47   #170
Senior - BHPian

I just drove a MG Hector Diesel manual with 7500 kms on the clock after driving only automatics for the last 2.5 years, must say the experience was "traumatic" What a hard clutch coupled with me pressing on the brake pedal more often than the clutch or accelerator. I got the hang of it some how and after a few stalls. Goes to show how much comfort grows on you when you drive automatics and how easy it is to forget to drive manuals after driving only automatics. I think I picked the wrong manual car to drive: MG Hector Diesel. This car needs an automatic gear box. Even as recent as 2019 I was driving the Elantra Petrol manual occasionally which I sold end 2019. Hector is a great car with an awesome view of the bonnet from the drivers seat with acres of space and features. Absolute value for money. My left leg was hurting for two days after I drove the Hector for 15 minutes, talk of going soft

Last edited by Durango Dude : 4th June 2022 at 12:48.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 20:37   #171
BHPian

Both Hector and Gloster facelifts caught testing again in Gujarat. Seems like MG is waiting for Tucson reveal and price launch dates to make announcement for Hector 2022 Facelift.
Name:  MGHectorFacelift10740x416.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  76.8 KB
The article and images therein reconfirm ADAS will be coming in Hector with facelift. Hope they launch it by August. Will be good for prospective buyers (like me) to choose between this and Tucson.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/2022-mg-hecto...kely-get-adas/
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 21:43   #172
BHPian

New Hector facelift ( without camouflage ) with ADAS spotted .

https://www.carblogindia.com/2022-mg...t-adas-leaked/
Old 5th July 2022, 22:32   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
New Hector facelift ( without camouflage ) with ADAS spotted .

https://www.carblogindia.com/2022-mg...t-adas-leaked/
This is same as Wuling Almaz RS Pro on sale in Indonesian market.

In Indonesia, the ADAS variant (to be called Savvy variant in India) is sold with de-chromed sporty black touch, as visible in pictures shared in link above.
2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20220705wa0007.jpg

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-img20220705wa0008.jpg

But somehow in other camouflaged images leaked till date, the front fascia is different from Indonesian Almaz RS Pro. It seems more like a mix of Mexican Captiva and Almaz.

The current leaked images could be of Almaz just being tested in India for ADAS. No news on launch date yet.

Last edited by manpreetsj : 5th July 2022 at 22:38.
manpreetsj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 11:58   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
If I am not wrong, you have left a review on CarWale as well. Read that few minutes back. Did you replace your 5 YO Merc GLA with Hector? Look forward to your review on TeamBHP with details on mileage and experience till date.
Sorry to reply late. I am not much active on the forums unless I have some issue to check!! Yes, I actually sold my 5-year-old CLA and bought Hector Sharp CVT Red/Black for the money I got from the sale!

It has been now a few months and I got the first free service done at MG Noida. Though, the mileage is only 800kms till now. My overall experience driving the car is 'satisfactory'. The car definitely has some road presence.

However, after the first service, I cannot get over 6.7km/l economy with the same driving style and route. Earlier I was able to get to at least 8-9 and sometimes even 10. It's not that I wasn't aware of the low economy issues of Hector before I bought. However, these numbers are worse than any of the cars that we have owned to date.

As for the power delivery, I find the Eco, D and S modes don't make much of the difference if I compare it with the outgoing CLA. 90% of the time I am driving on Eco and light foot.

Though rare, but I find it very annoying at times that during slow-moving traffic when I sometimes push the gas very-very lightly, there is a short jerk of speed (just like if an immature lifts the clutch too quickly in a manual, that kind of a jerk!). It results in the entire cabin shaking a little, not sure how to explain this, but when I googled, I came to know a term called 'rubber-band' effect. I hate this because before buying all reviews were like CVTs are known for smooth shifting. The more I read articles on Quora about CVT, I feel more confused. They say, CVTs are built for fuel efficiency and that they are unreliable, fail often and does not deliver instant power like DCT. However, my experience is the opposite! I find that even a light gas push results in more raw power than linear delivery which I am habitual of! Also, the fuel economy sux big time!

I also read on Quora that CVTs are not great for uphills and load towing. If you pull the throttle aggressively then the CVT belt can stretch or even break eventually.

I love everything else. The ventilated seats and option to start the Ac remotely on a hot day is great.
cowboy45 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 10:28   #175
Senior - BHPian

MG Hector facelift India launch by Diwali.

Quote:
The facelifted MG Hector will feature major cosmetic updates inside-out, along with more equipment and even Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) technology
Quote:
The Hector will get active safety features like Lane Assistance, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Forward Collision Warning and Lane Departure Warning
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th July 2022 at 10:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 10:45   #176
BHPian

One thing you can't take away from the Chinese makers of Phone or Cars - They are feature packed to the brim at a still reasonably competitive price.
Coming to the Hector, the addition of Level 2 ADAS is an awesome development. I just hope their electronic systems hold their own under Indian heat and typical customer usage. One of my friend's Gloster just stops displaying stuff on the awesome screen after around 3-4 hours of continuous driving!! I guess the thing overheats or something.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 11:37   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post

Though rare, but I find it very annoying at times that during slow-moving traffic when I sometimes push the gas very-very lightly, there is a short jerk of speed (just like if an immature lifts the clutch too quickly in a manual, that kind of a jerk!). It results in the entire cabin shaking a little, not sure how to explain this, but when I googled, I came to know a term called 'rubber-band' effect. I hate this because before buying all reviews were like CVTs are known for smooth shifting. The more I read articles on Quora about CVT, I feel more confused. They say, CVTs are built for fuel efficiency and that they are unreliable, fail often and does not deliver instant power like DCT. However, my experience is the opposite! I find that even a light gas push results in more raw power than linear delivery which I am habitual of! Also, the fuel economy sux big time!
Just lift off the brake and wait for the car to start moving before pressing the accelerator. That might help, I faced the same issue with the dual clutch automatic in my LC200.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 15:55   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
MG Hector facelift India launch by Diwali.

Source
While booking CVT Sharp in May 2022 my SA indicated Diwali launch, but I was hopeful for an earlier date (Jul-Aug).

Now with Tucson price reveal planned on 4th August, hopefully MG will also pull up socks and launch facelift sooner. Launching 2022 model in Sep month is way too late!
Old 13th July 2022, 20:17   #179
BHPian

Is there any automatic Diesel on the cards? Or will it just be a cosmetic facelift?
Old 13th July 2022, 22:35   #180
BHPian

Quote:
One thing you can't take away from the Chinese makers of Phone or Cars - They are feature packed to the brim at a still reasonably competitive price.
Coming to the Hector, the addition of Level 2 ADAS is an awesome development. I just hope their electronic systems hold their own under Indian heat and typical customer usage. One of my friend's Gloster just stops displaying stuff on the awesome screen after around 3-4 hours of continuous driving!! I guess the thing overheats or something.
No offense but I hate when people say Chinese products. It's just trade for any country, there are many Indian products in China and vice versa. What our country need to worry about is the trade deficit not actually on doing trade. Because if trade is not done then no country could grow by themselves.

All the electronic products be it phones, cars with ECUs, TVs, soundbars etc. are having one or other quality issues. By saying Chinese we're showing unconscious bias.

The Hector is no more Chinese than the Tatas or Mahindras or Samsungs, as every OEM/ODM has some ECU component manufactured in China.

Moreover MG had ~80% local manufacturing done depending on the model. I drove Hector from Blr to Hyd and back on hot summer days and 0 issues whatsoever. It could be some specific issues to that Gloster and it could happen to any car of any OEM irrespective of where it was manufactured.
darthvader001 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks