Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 13:57   #46
BHPian

Re: 2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

MG Hector Prices Increased Yet Again In February – New Price List

Following a January 2021 price hike, there’s a price revision on some MG Hector price variants again in February 2021
Quote:
A new year always brings with it a price hike where the auto industry is concerned. But just how difficult is 2021 going to be. MG Motor India has announced a price revision for Hector and Hector Plus wef February 02, 2021. The company attributes this to an adverse exchange rate, and input costs that are continually rising. As such, it’s again that time of the year wherein some of the price burden is passed onto customers. The 2.0L diesel Standard and Dual variants in Style and Super trims continue to be available without a hike. Smart and Sharp now cost Rs 17,01,800, and Rs 18,42,800, respectively. MG Hector 5 seater price revision Petrol DCT 5 seater Hector STD Smart trim costs Rs 16,51,800. Sharp Petrol STD and Dual Tone are available for Rs 18,09,800 each. 5 Seater Petrol BSG 6MT STD Super trim price is unchanged. Smart trim now costs Rs 15,75,800, and Sharp trim in Dual tone costs Rs 17,09,800. For the 5-seater variants price revision where price is being increased is limited to 10 grands for almost all variants. Only the Smart MT hybrid is costlier by 11 grands.
Source
Attached Thumbnails
2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-mghector2021febpricehike768x576.jpg  

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-2021mghectorfeb2021pricehike1.jpg  

ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 13:02   #47

I thought the interior was only champagne & black for model year 2021. Looks like we can choose the interior colors (all black, champagne & black or sepia brown) according to this video. Can someone confirm?

Scrub to 4:40 in the video to see this.

zapstar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 17:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapstar View Post
I thought the interior was only champagne & black for model year 2021. Looks like we can choose the interior colors (all black, champagne & black or sepia brown) according to this video. Can someone confirm?

Scrub to 4:40 in the video to see this.

Video
Yes, they are taking the booking for Black interior too, though reluctantly and declaring the waiting period shall be longer.
New.Novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 00:44   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
Yes, they are taking the booking for Black interior too, though reluctantly and declaring the waiting period shall be longer.
So black interiors are available even for the top end trip Sharp variant as well?
Old 18th February 2021, 14:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

MG Motor India to ramp up plant capacity and localisation. MG to add more shifts to expand capacity at its Halol plant. Localised content in Hector to increase by 10% this year.

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-20210218013518_mg_b.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 19:52   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapstar View Post
So black interiors are available even for the top end trip Sharp variant as well?
That’s affirmative Sir. However , not available for Hybrid Sharp. Only for DCT and CVT
New.Novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 19:05   #52
BHPian

We had booked the facelift version for my dad during the first week of Jan. Took delivery yesterday and it has been an amazing experience so far.

The drive quality of the hector feels more like a sedan than an SUV, especially compared to my harrier. The steering is very light too.

2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-image_6487327.jpg
soji is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 21:11   #53
BHPian

Congrats on great looking hector, Black color certainly looks damn good. I've also booked 2021 hector in first week of Jan, still waiting for delivery.
TheHorse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 22:59   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by soji View Post
We had booked the facelift version for my dad during the first week of Jan. Took delivery yesterday and it has been an amazing experience so far.
Congratulations on the new car. I have a query, is the Morris Garages badge on bonnet an accessory or factory fitment?
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 23:01   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations on the new car. I have a query, is the Morris Garages badge on bonnet an accessory or factory fitment?
That was an additional accessory I opted for. If I remember correctly it costed 2000 INR.
soji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 23:06   #56
BANNED

Quote:
That was an additional accessory I opted for. If I remember correctly it costed 2000 INR.
So we have completely opposite taste for chrome badges. I am some one who will remove all chrome badges from cars. None of my cars have any badges (factory fitted), even my two month old Rapid. But we do have similar taste for car color, black is my favourite , although a real pain to maintain.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 23:11   #57
BHPian

Well I’m not a huge fan of chrome either

The two additional chrome accessories I had opted for was the badge because I think it looks good and the OVRM chrome (it’s purpose is more to be a protective cover for the OVRMs although it does enhance its looks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
So we have completely opposite taste for chrome badges. I am some one who will remove all chrome badges from cars. None of my cars have any badges (factory fitted), even my two month old Rapid. But we do have similar taste for car color, black is my favourite , although a real pain to maintain.
soji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:12   #58
BHPian

Quote:

The drive quality of the hector feels more like a sedan than an SUV, especially compared to my harrier. The steering is very light too.

Attachment 2123873
Congratulations!
Sedan like ride seems suitable for elderly people (like your dad) who prefer comfort the most.
Now keep us posted about your first hand experience about both cars.
You may start a new thread.
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:56   #59
BHPian

Absolutely true. It isn’t really something I’d opt for but he finds it much easier to drive around.
From a very top level, the hector is loaded with tech and it makes the harrier feel a bit outdated already 😁. And to be honest I’m really not sure if it’s a good thing or bad considering the possibility of these devices malfunctioning.

Apart from the drivetrain, a few things I’ve noticed over the couple of days are:
1. Very low noise levels inside the cabin. Almost nill.
2. The hector handles rough patches on the road much better than the harrier. The age of the vehicle also might be adding to this difference perhaps.
3. The rear seats appears relatively less spacious when compared to harrier. This has obviously got to do with the overall width of the vehicle though.
4. A well connected entertainment unit with a lot of preinstalled apps.
5. Remote control functions using the Ismart app. (Now my dad constantly monitors the person driving his vehicle) 😁

I personally feel these two cars belong to two entirely different segment of audiences. The harrier is definitely the more better built(exterior) and SUVish, which needs a liking for its looks and drive quality. On the other hand the hector is for the more relaxed, cozy , tech loving folks who also drives within the city substantially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Congratulations!
Sedan like ride seems suitable for elderly people (like your dad) who prefer comfort the most.
Now keep us posted about your first hand experience about both cars.
You may start a new thread.
soji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 17:27   #60

Booked mine on 25th Jan. Waiting for mine also to reach me in a Week max.
Congratulations for the new ride!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks