Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2021, 07:33   #91
BHPian

Re: 2021 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Gentlemen, do you have the jerking when you put the car from D to N? Can one of you please confirm this if it’s normal or not? Otherwise I need to tear MG a new one for not looking into this for me when I told them this is happening.

Also they did not update my TCU in the first service. Car was given back to me in 3 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Get the transmission oil level and condition checked once. Generally this happens on older transmissions. I have experienced this with my Superbs DCT just before the 1.2 lakh transmission oil change from 1.15 to 1.21 (about 6k kms) it used to be hard shifting. It has happened with a TC gearbox on a friends Maruti at 30k kms - again was traced back to oil (low oil level IIRC). I am not sure about CVT but no harm in getting it checked.
I second that. Check the level of transmission oil. I notice this happening in the i10 TC AT as well as and when it is due for service. Gets fixed post the oil top up.
Old 18th April 2021, 09:23   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Congrats on the purchases. I like what MG has been doing in India. You both have definitely got a great ride. Even I intend to purchase one of these, once things normalize.

Could you please help me with these-

1) How is the AC performance with the huge glass area. Effective for the rear passengers?
2) Are the ventilated seats as good as advertised?
3) Does the auto hold work as in other AT cars?
4) How is the light output from the LED lamps, especially on the highways? If you have any pics of the same, please share.
5) How does the auto lock feature work? Is it the same, as in the Civic? Where you just walk away and the car auto locks?
6) Have you tried the remote engine start stop functionality? On a count of 10 attempts, how many times has it worked?
Hi,
Some inputs that I can share at this moment:
1) AC performance is quite decent considering the huge volume that is to be cooled. Presently the temperatures in Northern India are hovering arnd 38/39 so the real test would be next month. I ve put magnetic mesh screens to keep the cabin relatively cool since tinting isn’t allowed.
2) Again, ventilated seats function decently. I drove at a strech arnd 4/5 hours and ventilation ensured that sweat doesn’t accumulate. I think ventilation is optimum and it would be uncomfortable if it were any stronger.
3) haven’t tried
4) This is quite good. The lamps hold their own on the highways and give you a decently lit up field of view. Unfortunately I don’t have any pics to share.
5) It has both Auto lock and unlock for doors plus auto unlock for tail gate. All features require getting used to. Personally I am just using the auto lock feature. But all features work reliably
6) Tried 3/4 times and it has always worked. But yes it totally depends on airtel coverage.
Joey90210 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 18:51   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey90210 View Post
3) haven’t tried
Thanks Joey. Surprised you haven't used the Auto Hold. It's one of the most useful features if you are driving more in city and traffic conditions !
Old 18th April 2021, 22:06   #94

BHPians, this car ticks most boxes for me. Just one question though, does the facelift come with wireless Apple CarPlay?
Old 19th April 2021, 00:21   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey90210 View Post
Hi guys,

I faced one more peculiar incident which i would like to mention here. I parked my car in the garage and pulled the shutter down. When i came to open the shutter next day, before I could pull it up, the tail gate opened as it sensed the key and got stuck in the shutter. This was an incredibly scary situation as my MG was in the garage with its tail gate stuck in the shutter and I was on the outside unable to pull up the shutter lest I ended up damaging the tail gate. There was no other way to get in the garage. Anyways somehow we salvaged the situation with a minor scratch to the tail gate. Well it turns out I wasn't aware of the automatic open tail gate option which I then disabled immediately.

Barring these few hiccups, I have been immensely happy with MG joining our family. The car is spacious and my two brats simply love the extra space to jump around. The boot can actually help one in shifting houses. After sales exp has been good. First service cost was zero (come to think of it, I paid arnd 10 K for first service of my superbike ).
Oops, that was scary! Do every electric tailgate works this way or just Hector and Hector+ ? It will be a headache at situations with low proximity like parking closer to gates or a wall. Owners please throw some light on the issue.
Old 19th April 2021, 06:31   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapstar View Post
BHPians, this car ticks most boxes for me. Just one question though, does the facelift come with wireless Apple CarPlay?
No, it doesn’t come with wireless apple carplay. What a feature that would be though, wow! However, as I mentioned in my previous post as well, if a Bluetooth call is connected then the centre console hangs and no other commands like inc dec ac can be executed. Can other Owners confirm the same pls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Oops, that was scary! Do every electric tailgate works this way or just Hector and Hector+ ? It will be a headache at situations with low proximity like parking closer to gates or a wall. Owners please throw some light on the issue.
I understand that hector has this feature wherein if you check the ‘automatic tailgate’ option the tailgate would open and raise itself moment it senses the key in close proximity. Hector plus has this leg moving feature which has been advertised so heavily. Anyways, IMO if you are expecting to park your car in close proximity to any obstacles then best is to disable this option.
Other owners may kindly enlighten. Thanks

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th April 2021 at 08:16. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Joey90210 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 08:04   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

If the wall behind is just beyond the red lines in reverse parking view, the tailgate will not touch when it opens
Old 19th April 2021, 08:34   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
I second that. Check the level of transmission oil. I notice this happening in the i10 TC AT as well as and when it is due for service. Gets fixed post the oil top up.
Yes but it’s a brand new car, just a month old. How could they have missed checking the oil level in production or delivery?
Old 19th April 2021, 10:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Thanks Joey. Surprised you haven't used the Auto Hold. It's one of the most useful features if you are driving more in city and traffic conditions !
How does one activate/ deactivate this feature?
Old 19th April 2021, 10:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does one activate/ deactivate this feature?
There's this A button just behind your parking brake in Automatic variants.
Press it to activate. Once activated whenever you come to halt, if you are on a slope/incline, you don't need to press brake pedal to hold your vehicle. The vehicle holds itself automatically, and won't move. If you wish to move just press the accelerator pedal, and vehicle will move ahead. If you come to a halt, the Auto Hold is automatically activated and you don't need to press "A" button again.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 11:16   #101
BHPian

The auto hold gives a jerk while moving ahead. Has anyone else experienced this ?
Old 19th April 2021, 14:12   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Yes but it’s a brand new car, just a month old. How could they have missed checking the oil level in production or delivery?
What if there is a leak? Just pull out the dipstick and reassure yourself that this is not the case
Old 19th April 2021, 17:59   #103
BHPian

Quote:
What if there is a leak? Just pull out the dipstick and reassure yourself that this is not the case
It happened the minute we took delivery of the car from the showroom. I thought maybe it's a new box, so it will go away in some time after driving. Apparently not.

Also MG Chennai just told me they checked 3 CVT in the yard. It's the same with all 3 cars. I don't know whether to feel relieved or anxious now. They said some e-mails have been exchanged with the service guys at the top.

I honestly don't know what to believe.

Im also going to try and open the hood and see if I can find the transmission oil filler.
Old 19th April 2021, 18:43   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Also MG Chennai just told me they checked 3 CVT in the yard. It's the same with all 3 cars. I don't know whether to feel relieved or anxious now. They said some e-mails have been exchanged with the service guys at the top.

I honestly don't know what to believe.

Im also going to try and open the hood and see if I can find the transmission oil filler.
Oh. That's a bummer. I feel for you man- we don't want stuff like this to spoil the new car experience.
Did you give the auto hold disable a look in? Sounds like something that can cause a jerk if the e-brake release and the power delivery are not completely in sync with each other. (Ie the latter starts ahead of the former)
A software fix should be able to handle this.
Eitherways let us know what the service folks come up with.
Old 19th April 2021, 19:11   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Oh. That's a bummer. I feel for you man- we don't want stuff like this to spoil the new car experience.
Did you give the auto hold disable a look in? Sounds like something that can cause a jerk if the e-brake release and the power delivery are not completely in sync with each other. (Ie the latter starts ahead of the former)
A software fix should be able to handle this.
Eitherways let us know what the service folks come up with.
Yes I did give the auto hold a try and it works flawlessly. Thanks for that! I didn’t even know the car had this feature. The jerk is very pronounced when I shift from D to N at say, a traffic light. If the car is moving slow and I shift, it doesn’t happen. Happens only when the car is stationary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks