Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2021, 15:11   #121
BHPian

Re: Cars that you regret NOT buying!

For me, it'd be the XUV300. I had almost finalized the decision and even made a booking for the W8(O) Diesel variant, but decided against the purchase because we were planning on going abroad in the next year. So we decided to settle for a Tiago since it'd serve us well before we left and could be driven in my family afterwards. Then Covid19 happened and our plans got delayed, almost indefinitely. Even though I love the Tiago, a lot of times I wonder what would've happened if I had bitten the bullet and bought the XUV. Still looks in awe at every one of them on the road.
SuhairZain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 15:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

I somehow have no regrets in my Automotive career so far!

My signature may give you an idea why. I have never held back any purchase because of budget reasons, as I go the pre-owned route!

You will see a wide variety of cars I have owned below!
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 15:22   #123

2013 : Only if I knew about Polo GT TDi 1.6. I wouldn't have bought home Swift Vdi.

Although Swift served me well over course of ownership, I regret missing the opportunity to buy one of the enthusiast car.
Goku_YNWA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 15:43   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareekvirendra View Post
This thread does take me down memory lane.

About two years ago, I was looking to buy my first car and was looking for a pre-owned sedan. I eventually bought my Corolla, but the guy who was selling it had another car for sale, a Chevrolet Cruze.

This car has been my dream car for more than I can remember, I can't exactly explain, but I find something about the car extremely appealing. However, the Cruze was priced about 1 lakh more than the Altis and since this was to be my first purchase, I thought the Altis would be better in terms of maintenance and service support (as it turns out, this did work out as expected).

However, to this day, whenever I see a Cruze parked somewhere or drive past me, I look at it with a sigh, as if looking at an ex. I have never driven one, but for reasons I can't explain I simply adore this car.

I still have hopes of finding a good specimen and finally satisfying the craving that I feel for it.

Not to take anything away from the Altis, she has been a lovely car to own, and whenever I am going to change her, I will look to buy either an Altis or a if it is still feasible, a Cruze.

Note: I just re-read my post and it seems to be difficult to distinguish whether the post is about a cat or an ex. I guess it is what it is.
IMO the Cruze is still one of the best looking sedans on Indian roads. The design is just timeless and I wish someday I'd be able to own one.
adityagurjar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 15:53   #125
BHPian

I was all set on Ecosport Titanium S model TDCi which was costing around 13.50 lacs (after discount). However, I came across this BS4 Diesel Nissan Kicks XVD which was being sold at 11 lac. Being a segment above Ecosport I took the plunge and bough Kicks. I absolutely love the Kicks, however, some part of me regrets not buying the Ecosport S model in that Race Red color.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:08   #126
BHPian

A few

1) Cruze: Was looking for a used car in Bangalore in 2017, and came across this very well kept Cruze. Owner was not available, but her mother showed the car and came along for a drive. All great, I waited for a couple of days before reaching out to the owner, and the car was gone by then!

2) Jetta: 2015 model, sold by a dealer in Coimbatore in 2020. Again made the mistake of waiting for a few days during negotiation, this time hoping that he will reduce the price by ~50K. Got sold in 3 days :(

3) GT TSI: Took test drives in 2017 and 2019, but could not convince myself both times. Now feel that it was a missed opportunity. Might go pre-owned route though
singleton is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:25   #127
BHPian

Here is the list of cars that have been mentioned(regretted not buying) more than once in the first 4 pages of this thread.
Food for thought?

Maruti
S-Cross 1.6 - 6
Gypsy - 3
Swift - 3
Kizashi - 2

Fiat
Abarth Punto - 6
Palio 1.6 - 3
Urban Cross (Abarth) - 2
Linea Tjet - 2

Tata
Nano - 4
Safari/Storme VX 4x4 - 4
Hexa XTA - 4

Ford
Endeavour 3.2L - 5
Fiesta 1.6s - 4
Ford Figo - 3

Honda
Honda Civic - 4
City - 3

Volkswagon
Vento TSI - 3
Polo GT TSI - 2
Jetta DSG - 2

Skoda
Octavia - 3
Rapid - 2
Laura 1.8 TSI - 2

Toyota
Qualis - 2
kit_dennis is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:51   #128
BHPian

For me there are two cars that I regret not buying:

1) Tata Safari: No car had pulled my heartstrings as Safari, but unfortunately I was in college and did not have enough dough to buy it at that time.

2) Maruti Suzuki S Cross 1.6: I did not like the looks that much but when I took a drive in my friend's car, my first reaction was "How did I miss buying this" and as soon as started looking at purchase options the engine was discontinued.
Mountainman21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 16:53   #129
BHPian

Scorpio in 2012. Wanted to buy an SUV then and used to drool watching every Scorpio passing by. Eventually didn't buy thinking of size, what to do with seven seats etc. But after 7 years I finally pulled myself together and got a 7 seater Hexa. Had I bought the Scorpio then my travel experience and thought process towards road travel would have been quite different.
Mile_Breaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 17:10   #130
BHPian

Early 2k octavias , were very elegant with neat lines and solid.
lancer petrol - almost got one in the used car market but backed out citing maintenance reasons.

If I may add the sold cars also - regret having sold a padmini that was with us since childhood, just due to lack of parking space.
Th!ru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 17:23   #131
BHPian

Safari Storme 4x4 - Nothing else even comes close :|
maglev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 17:32   #132
Senior - BHPian

The Cedia Sports back when they were clearing it off for under 10L was it? Sigh. More heart than mind

In hindsight maybe it was better i did not buy it!
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 17:57   #133
BHPian

Laura 1.8 TSI - the engine you can get married to :-)
Locomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 18:25   #134
BHPian

Mitsubishi Lancer SFXi - The only car that can carry a dash of elegance and a splash of sportiness without being too shouty. I would have preferred it in red

Mitsubishi Pajero SFX - I think everyone on this forum knows why anyone would want a good old Pajero

Honda City VTEC I love this car forever, and it is a shame that I didn't get a chance to buy it brand new. Primarily because I didn't even have a bank account when it came into the market and my dad was comfortable pushing around an old carbureted Maruti 800.

Fiat Palio S10 I regret buying it but considering how Fiat now treats its customers, I feel much better I never bought one. Lack of spares, service and support.

And finally the Skoda Octavia VRS Mk1 i had an opportunity way back in 2004/2005 to test drive one of my friend's car and it has left a long lasting impression in me. The car had just the shape I wanted and a turbo petrol motor from the factory spitting out 150 BHP. What more could one ask for in 2005. We could have bought this car easily however my father who spent almost 40 years of his life in Europe until the early 90's was pretty much hell bent that he would never buy a Skoda and he was comparing it with the Skoda badged junk that came before VW took them over.

Come 2006 December, we finally bought a car that some people regretted not buying, a Maruti Suzuki Baleno 1.6 VXi which is still my only car to this day.

I don't know anything on 2 wheels count over here. If it does, a Yamaha RD 350 HT

Last edited by ron_9191 : 13th January 2021 at 18:30. Reason: forgot the little Palio S10
ron_9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 19:13   #135
BHPian

I regret not buying the Abarth Punto. It is one heck of a pure machine that I would have loved to own and drive. I just hope I get a chance again!!!

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks