Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 19:20   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Grand i10 removed from the brand's website

The Hyundai Grand i10 is no longer listed on the company's official website indicating that the car's production has been stopped and it is no longer available. With this move, Hyundai now has three hatchbacks on sale in India - Santro, Grand i10 Nios and i20.

Hyundai Grand i10 removed from the brand's website-gi10.jpg

The Grand i10 was powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine that made 82 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm @ 4,000. The engine was paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. It was available in two variants - Magna and Sportz.

The Hyundai Grand i10 competed in the B2 segment with other hatchbacks such as the Maruti Swift, Ignis and Ford Figo.

Thanks to Manivannan for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via Team-BHP's share page.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 11th January 2021 at 19:21.
Aditya is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 22:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 removed from the brand's website

I have never understood why Hyundai even bothers with selling the old gen and current-gen cars of the same sub brand together. Why can't they just bring i10 generational changes just like in the case of i20 and Verna. Are they achieving anything by selling the previous generation and the new generation together for a short time? The name of the car will be so much better if it is just the Hyundai i10.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 22:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I have never understood why Hyundai even bothers with selling the old gen and current-gen cars of the same sub brand together. Why can't they just bring i10 generational changes just like in the case of i20 and Verna. Are they achieving anything by selling the previous generation and the new generation together for a short time? The name of the car will be so much better if it is just the Hyundai i10.
That’s probably due to the fact that previous gen usually goes to fleet operators. I have seen quite a few G i10s used as cabs but not the Nios. Something similar to what Maruti did for the dezire (old gen sold as dzire tour). Making most of the popular brands probably. But i20 being a premium hatchback probably they don’t want to dissolve the brand by making it available for fleet.

But yeah agreed it’s pretty confusing

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th January 2021 at 22:36.
SoumenD is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 08:15   #4
BHPian

Really miss the hatch. The present nios design is too quirky to my taste and the, dashboard design and seat colours are also lot better in the Gi10 than the nios.
DonHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 09:32   #5
BHPian

Really going to miss this little hatchback. It really hit the sweet spot. The original Hyundai i10 to the Grand i10 was really a massive step up. The Grand i10 to the Nios, unfortunately, not so much.

In hindsight, if only my family had stretched a little more to buy the AT variant of the Grand i10 six and a half years ago, we wouldn't be thinking of selling it today and having to settle for overpriced jerky, AMT hatchbacks which frankly speaking feel like a step down from my almost seven-year-old niggle-free car.

So long, Soldier

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks