Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:50   #556
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
You can change the variant whenever you want, just ask the sales person to change it for you.
But I think your booking order will also change. From my understanding suppose I book the zxi now I'll get a booking number for it. After a week or so if I decide to change it to zxi+ my booking order will change to the latest zxi+ booking number. Basically you may lose the priority of booking first.
Ok. Fair enough. Thank you.
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:07   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
On a side note: would anyone happen to whether I would be able to change the variant in my original booking? Thinking about ZXI+ mainly because of the extra airbags.
This is feasible according to the sales rep with whom I did the booking. This 11K booking token is to secure a placeholder booking slot and to get a booking number. The actual decision will be closer to when you do the rest of the finances.

Also, the link you go with the old Brezza is just because the car is not yet officially launched. So I am guessing that as well is just an automated response to your booking is serves only as a placeholder.
Old 22nd June 2022, 16:20   #558

Quote:
Later, coincidentally I receive a SMS from Maruti requesting me to download the configuration of my booked car. I click on the link and lo-and-behold it shows the old brezza with the old price and a totally different colour to mine.

This Makes sense, given that the launch is on the horizon, no company would want a high clarity image made available to the public before the event.

I guess the webpage would be updated on the date of launch.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd June 2022 at 16:42. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:00   #559
BHPian

Quote:

I click on the link and lo-and-behold it shows the old brezza with the old price and a totally different colour to mine.
I can see new Brezza with new colour scheme on my booking screen .

I was told by Sales Rep that any change in booking (colour / version) will take you back of the queue.

I heard they have received 10K plus bookings in first two days . They are expecting a much more volume after official reveal.
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:02   #560
BHPian

New Brezza will not be based on the Global C Platform , but instead be underpinned by an 'updated' Maruti Heartect Platform, as per Maruti Exec Shashank Srivastava from the interview below. Skip to 11 min mark

vagman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:17   #561
VIZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
New Brezza will not be based on the Global C Platform , but instead be underpinned by an 'updated' Maruti Heartect Platform, as per Maruti Exec Shashank Srivastava from the interview below. Skip to 11 min mark
Just checked with my booking agent, he too informed it will be based out of heartect. Seriously thinking to cancel my booking If it is confirmed after release.
VIZ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:18   #562
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=bsEurK1qbIk
My understanding was that the older Brezza was based on Global C platform, and that had big contribution towards 4 Ncap stars. If this news is true, then wont this affect the safety rating?

Last edited by Caffeinated : 22nd June 2022 at 17:45.
Caffeinated is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:31   #563
BHPian

Quote:
New Brezza will not be based on the Global C Platform , but instead be underpinned by an 'updated' Maruti Heartect Platform, as per Maruti Exec Shashank Srivastava from the interview below.
Well the car looks exactly the same as before if you notice the A-Pillars, ORVMs, Wheel Size and even the wheelbase looks similar. If this is based on the Heartect, then why is everything same as the old car? Something is fishy!

Even with Heartect, it cannot be declared a safety disaster. If Maruti intends to make a Heartect car safe, they absolutely can! This is because we all know that the Ertiga despite being a Heartect, scored decently well at NCAP back in 2018 (Heck the child safety on Ertiga was better than what the Nexon's child safety was!)

The bigger issue I see here, is if they were changing the platform, why hasn't the overall body shape changed even a bit??

I guess we should actually wait till 30th June before jumping to any conclusion!

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 22nd June 2022 at 17:44.
theAutomaniac is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:05   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess it will be the C platform. They may just rebrand it to some sort of Heartect 2.0 or something. And the higher safety ratings will have a trickle down effect on the lower models in the mind of the general public. My 2 paisa.
DicKy is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:08   #565
BHPian

Quote:
New Brezza will not be based on the Global C Platform , but instead be underpinned by an 'updated' Maruti Heartect Platform, as per Maruti Exec Shashank Srivastava from the interview below.
There were reports about it being based on the Heartect platform. If this is true then it's a downgrade over the previous brezza in terms of structural strength. At this point I don't know what to expect from MS.
Shonith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:13   #566
BHPian

Booked the breeza ZXI+ Automatic variant today at Hyderabad (Nanakramguda, Gachibowli Branch). Post the booking process by the sales agent, I got an sms from Maruti that I have booked the ZXI Manual variant. When I asked him about why it wasn't an automatic and the top most variant, he very casually indicated to me that this is only a placeholder to put me into the queue.

The real booking would be closer to when the vehicle would be launched and allotted. I double checked this again with the team lead to whom this sales person reported. Even he mentioned the same. I really hope that what they have mentioned is true.

When I further enquired into the details of the car, nothing more than what is already known on team-bhp was spilled out. The only thing that perhaps I didn't know is that there is now a smartphone wireless charger. Besides this information, there is no other detail that I could find out additionally.

I also quizzed him about the looks of the vehicle and he said any new vehicle takes time to grow on you and this was the same case with swift as well. I don't know what he means by this but I will keep my fingers crossed.

The cancellation fee in case I opt-out is 200/- (which is definitely nominal) and I have a written confirmation on the receipt that was shared to me.

Here at Varun Motors, Nanakramguda, Hyderabad, they already hold 150+ bookings for the new breeza. This includes bookings that got converted from the old version as well as those that were freshly made for the new breeza.

The wait begins officially!
vijay.s is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 18:14   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

New Brezza update:

Quote:
Now, leaked information on the safety features of the new Brezza has revealed that it will get Electronic Stability Control (ESC) as standard.

This could be Maruti's best bet at finally securing its first 5-star GNCAP rating.
Quote:
Apart from ESC, the body shell will also require certain reinforced structures and technical updates to actually achieve a 5-star rating. Given the fact that Maruti took the effort to strengthen the bodyshell on the updated Baleno, it’s quite possible they’ll do so for the Brezza too and there’s also good reason for this.

4500 Units of Maruti Suzuki Brezza booked on day One itself.Link

Name:  20220622040605_Maruti Brezza ESC.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  37.0 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd June 2022 at 18:26.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:10   #568
BHPian

The new Baleno is also based on the Heartect platform but with further strengthening, which has resulted in an increase in the kerb weight of the Baleno. So they are atleast trying for a better safety reading.

Since the general public is now more aware about safety, due to the industry leading initiative by both the domestic auto makers - viz Tata and Mahindra - other companies now will also have to provide acceptable levels of safety in their vehicles too.
jessie007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 19:43   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Apart from ESC, the body shell will also require certain reinforced structures and technical updates to actually achieve a 5-star rating.
This is incorrect. In the frontal impact, structural performance of the existing Brezza was as good as it gets, with low A-pillar, steering column and pedal movement and no symptoms of instability of the passenger compartment or footwell. What the new Brezza would need to score five stars against the current protocols is a dual pretensioner (i.e., additional pretensioning at the lap area) instead of the retractor-only unit on the current car and Maruti would have to show its effectiveness at protecting the knees of occupants of different sizes or those sat in different positions.

Thinking positively I would hope the New Brezza closes the current protocols with a bang including a Safer Choice Award like the XUV300, but I don't think Maruti would have bothered to sponsor testing.

I cannot help but wonder if something is cooking up and all under wraps. The GNCAP are quite conservative: the last time they said a car was close to five stars it was the Nexon which then had four stars. I really think Autocar have some partial information we don't, I say partial because they have got some stuff in the article wrong but seem to be fixated on the 5-star rumour ever since the mysterious interview with Furas (I was told the full interview would be published but it has been two months). They also seem quite positive about their scoop: the article is titled "2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza moves closer to 5-star GNCAP rating".

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Ertiga despite being a Heartect, scored decently well at NCAP back in 2018
I'm no expert but I think Maruti would target performance of each model in consumer safety tests based on positioning and segment-wise buyer preferences rather than just Heartect vs Global C. The only Global C model tested so far is positioned in a segment where safety would be an important buying criterion so maybe it is a coincidence.

Last edited by ron178 : 22nd June 2022 at 20:03.
ron178 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 20:54   #570
BHPian

Quote:
This is a backward step to move form a safer Global C Platform to Heartect platform which has very poor credibility from a safety point of view
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed