More pics from the production line:

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-1.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-2.jpg

Source: Harsh Vlogs
volkman10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:03   #572
BANNED

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Extremely disappointed, extremely. Brezza is in itself a balanced product. The heart tech platform made it from best to worst. Why Maruti Why? What was wrong in in retaining the same platform damn it!
Lost all interest in it now.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2022 at 19:28. Reason: Typo
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:22   #573
BHPian

I think the reaction to the word Heartect is a little bit extreme. TECT is the word Suzuki used for all cars till before Baleno was launched, no matter the car. I remember seeing the word TECT in Estilo as well.

Today, the word Heartect is apparently being used alternatively. It is just a maketing term. Also, one must not forget that the European Baleno with the requisite equipment scored 4 stars in its previous guise in Euro NCAP which is still stricter than today's Indian version of GNCAP. So, getting a decent star rating was not the problem even with the Heartect platform. The problem is Suzuki's refusal to acknowledge NCAP ratings as a credible tool. This has resulted in an outright war where GNCAP tests every Suzuki vehicle launched for sure even if they do not test others.

In any case, the Brezza is still surely based on the outgoing Brezza platform only. Let us wait for the launch to get more details. It is just a week away anyway.

People who buy the Brezza know that there are technically more superior alternatives available in the market. It is the package of product+ after sales + Resale that works. My personal opinion is that even today, Ecosport is a superior car compared to Brezza.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 23rd June 2022 at 07:25.
Carma2017 is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:07   #574
BHPian

Brezza looks Spacious , the box design as well as small rear seat makes leg room bigger,
I have seen many brezzas in my family and every one said that if Nexon rear had boxy design. Almost 50% would have preferred that.
In simple terms , Brezza is aack of all trades but master of none, the rural area prefers Brezza over any other compact SUV.
AGupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:29   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post

People who buy the Brezza know that there are technically more superior alternatives available in the market. It is the package of product+ after sales + Resale that works. My personal opinion is that even today, Ecosport is a superior car compared to Brezza.
That is a fair point as the platform itself would not necessarily constitute in making a vehicle safer or otherwise but also in terms of what else has been added as safety feature in a car. Safety ratings are a broad benchmark but not necessarily the dealbreaker. A point to that is the same vehicle with a side facing seat will make for a lower rating versus front facing seats.

On the Ecosport rightly said, its built like a tank, just try to open and shut the rear door and one would know the thickness of the metal. There was a popular joke if it was a Maruti Ecosport instead of a Ford, it would have been the highest selling model continuously till date. But then there is always a twist in the story.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:07   #576
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Ravi for sending this information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
In the new Vitara Brezza thread, there is confusion about the new Brezza being based on the Heartect platform instead of the C-platform.

According to the below article from ET, Brezza is always based on the HEARTECT C-Platform. Suzuki probably names all its platforms as HEARTECT with A-segment cars having A-platform, B-segment cars having B-platform and C-segment with C-platform.

A snippet from a news article in Economic Times from 2017 - "The Ignis and the Baleno are based on the fifth-generation A and B platforms and the Vitara Brezza on a separate C platform; all of them meet advanced safety regulations."

Read more at: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/58099739.cms
RahulNagaraj is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:34   #577
BHPian

New Brezza looks good with all the bells & whistles is being positioned as a competitor to Nexon & Venue but I am quite certain that the lack of diesel engine will make many shy away from Brezza. I am looking to upgrade my swift dzire (diesel) but I cannot make up my mind to get a Suzuki just because of the lack of diesel engines.
Old 23rd June 2022, 14:44   #578

This is my very first post on this forum after my membership has been approved. Kindly Ignore any typographical mistakes.
Regarding platform,the very ambiguity arised on the launch of S-Cross petrol in 2020. We have had long discussion there and hence we must reserve our thoughts before the media reviews are out. If there is any platform change then it would be definitely evident in driving dynamics of the car.
goelparv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 14:53   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Why stick to 4 meter length, with 1.5 litre petrol engine, they won't get any excise benefit, better increase length and have space at rear
Anything more than 4 mtrs and ground clearance more than 170mm, is termed SUV and would have more tax, ~50%
Sub 4 mtr, sub 1.5 diesel having more than 170mm is not SUV and hence tax benefits. Maruti should bring back their 1.5 diesel
Old 23rd June 2022, 16:53   #580
Senior - BHPian

I am digging the silver shade. It looks nice. Still not sure from details if the car will have stronger proper hybrid be it from Suzuki or the Jugaad (makeshift) hybrid that it has now. A proper hybrid will give it spectacular FE. Can't wait for the unveil.
Old 23rd June 2022, 16:59   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I am digging the silver shade. It looks nice. Still not sure from details if the car will have stronger proper hybrid be it from Suzuki or the Jugaad (makeshift) hybrid that it has now. A proper hybrid will give it spectacular FE. Can't wait for the unveil.
I guess you are a bit confused. This will be the Mild Hybrid currently seen in most Maruti models.

A strong Hybrid variant from Toyota will come in the Mid SUV segment, Creta rival ( YFG- Vitara/DD22- HyRyder) which will be unveiled on July 1st. The SUV will have also the mild hybrid in lower variants.

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd June 2022 at 17:03.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 17:33   #582
BHPian

Took a plunge and booked ZXI+ AT in Khaki+White roof, online. Only problem I faced was regarding colour, as no colour scheme is available to review on the site
Apart from the convenience, there is no cancellation charge when you make advance booking online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
On a side note: would anyone happen to whether I would be able to change the variant in my original booking? Thinking about ZXI+ mainly because of the extra airbags.
As per the terms of the booking, any change would means cancellation of the booking and rebook of the vehicle. So you are back to square one, I believe.

One passing thought: I may want to change my booking in case I like some other colour more. Whether I should book through a dealer and take his help to change colour, in case required? Any thoughts?
Cheers.
Old 23rd June 2022, 18:03   #583

Scoop! New Maruti Vitara Brezza coming in Q3 2021

Dear All,
One of my known associate from Maruti Showroom Chennai has attended the Brezza sales training session and he sent me all the confirmed features and specs. I am attaching his notes from the training session.[ATTACH=BREZZA (Features) From Maruti Sales Training.pdf]2324074[/ATTACH]

Thanks
Hari Kishan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BREZZA (Features) From Maruti Sales Training.pdf (6.50 MB, 318 views)
harikishanb is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 19:33   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKeMo View Post

One passing thought: I may want to change my booking in case I like some other colour more. Whether I should book through a dealer and take his help to change colour, in case required? Any thoughts?
Cheers.
Changed my booking twice this morning through a dealer - first the variant (VXI to ZXI) and then the color (Arctic White to Silver and Black). Both the times my booking number remained the same. So I would suggest you do the same to be on the safer side, you know how much the waiting period tends to extend these days.
KebabBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 19:36   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikishanb View Post
I am attaching his notes from the training session.
Thanks for sharing.
Only couple of omission stands out to me, one is the UV cut glass from new Baleno. Don't see a mention of auto wiper - that's weird too.

What's the "40 mm instrument console" that keeps getting mentioned?
Did not expect ventilated seats to make it to Brezza.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks