Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2022, 12:19   #226

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The reasons may be:

4. Considering how they tuned the K15C engine and 6-speed AT, it is obvious that at every segment, they are targeting FE and nothing more. Turbo engine FE is very sensible to the driving styles.

Basically, Turbos are against Maruti's core strengths - simple cars, low maintenance, low service cost, and FE.
This probably is the main reason behind not opting for the Turbo.
But will this argument hold valid when the updated Brezza with all of its rumored goodies crosses 15L+ OTR? And at this price range, a sub 4m, coupled with a mediocre powertrain(especially with 6speed TC) might become a tough sell.
All other sub4ms in this price bracket are packed up to the brim with features and also offer strong powertrain options.

Also, any reason why Maruti's 1.5L even with the mild-hybrid tech is capable of producing just 103bhp whereas offerings from both Honda and Hyundai produce in excess of 115bhp. Is the FE again the culprit here?
Old 27th April 2022, 12:39   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Yes, this is only a render, and far different from the actual design. Position of Suzuki logo and number plate is very different.
If blue one is for real, it's a smashing rear end from Maruti. Hope front will also match it. Lot's of stake on Brezza for Maruti, that's why they are not in hurry to launch it. They are gearing up and will launch it with lots of features like new XL6 for sure. Maruti is moving in right direction for sure.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 12:47   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJeepsALot View Post
But will this argument hold valid when the updated Brezza with all of its rumored goodies crosses 15L+ OTR? And at this price range, a sub 4m, coupled with a mediocre powertrain(especially with 6speed TC) might become a tough sell.
They can increase the length by 200mm without too much increase in price, and make it compete with Creta and Seltos. Note that international Vitara having 4170mm length is sitting on the same platform and same wheelbase. But their new model with Toyota is coming to take up that job.

They can introduce Heartect-based sub-4m car with 1.2L NA engine to compete with other sub-4m cars. Most of these competition cars are sitting on hatchback platform and offering a 1.2L NA engine to keep the starting price low.

Also note that in the present scenario where parking space is a problem but people need luxury, 15L for a sub-4m car may not be a problem to sell. You make a 3.5m car with features, safety packed and price it at 12L, there may be takers.

Quote:
All other sub4ms in this price bracket are packed up to the brim with features and also offer strong powertrain options.
New Brezza also will offer features packed to the brim. But they know they don't have a game without considering FE. So, no Turbos / higher tuned engines.

Quote:
...any reason why Maruti's 1.5L even with the mild-hybrid tech is capable of producing just 103bhp whereas offerings from both Honda and Hyundai produce in excess of 115bhp. Is the FE again the culprit here?
It is for reduced emission and better FE, I guess. When the initial Dualjet model K12C was launched, the power increased from 82 to 90 BHP - almost 10% hike. (It may come down in subsequent iterations, I fear ). So, the K15C can ideally produce 115BHP. But when it came to K10C and K15C, they kept it more or less same as the non-Dualjet version.

Even in their Turbo version K14C Boosterjet in European markets, it initially offered 140BHP, and then reduced to 129BHP.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 27th April 2022 at 13:16.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 13:19   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's Brezza rendered:

Attachment 2301008

Link
The exhaust drum is still very much visible.
Wonder why they don't eliminate it from the rear view.
absnation is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 15:59   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Why is Maruti not considering the 1.0 Boosterjet for the Brezza, which is capable of producing identical performance numbers to the 1.5L NA.
The Boosterjet engine is very much in Suzuki's calculations. This engine will re-enter India probably with the Baleno Cross. Suzuki might introduce this in facelift version of Brezza if sales stutter. The money saved in taxes can be used to provide more features without increasing vehicle prices commensurately. Suzuki's first and foremost priority is/was and will be fuel efficiency. Rest assured even Boosterjet will be introduced keeping that in mind.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 16:02   #231
BHPian

Eagerly awaiting the launch of this vehicle as it would tick most of my requirements as a no nonsense 5 seater. However, given the updates it is due to receive, I fear this will end up being more expensive than the Kia Carens Prestige variant that I have already booked.

Still confused and unable to make a call.
Old 27th April 2022, 21:46   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's Brezza rendered:

Attachment 2301008

Link
Investigated a little bit and found the actual image. Honestly, I am sick of these media houses faking the renders with different logos. It's a 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander.
Source: carsguide.com.au
Attached Thumbnails
The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-2021mitsubishioutlanderaspiresuvbluedeanmccartney1001x5654.jpg  

Hemi6.2 is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 21:54   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absnation View Post
The exhaust drum is still very much visible.
Wonder why they don't eliminate it from the rear view.
Well, how about actually waiting for the product instead of judging on the basis of a render which isn't even based on the Brezza??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi6.2 View Post
Investigated a little bit and found the actual image. Honestly, I am sick of these media houses faking the renders with different logos. It's a 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander.
Well its a Gaadiwaadi render! What else did you expect? I trust only Autocar and Zigwheels TBH with renders as these two do renders only when they have some real insider info. Others like MotorBeam, MotorOctane, RushLane and Gaadiwaadi simply make random misleading renders so as to increase their website clicks!
theAutomaniac is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 10:59   #234
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi6.2 View Post
On the other hand, I really wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out to be a rip off. In fact I would be glad as the mitsubishi’s a looker
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:19   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Well, how about actually waiting for the product instead of judging on the basis of a render which isn't even based on the Brezza??!!
Well, there's a very famous quote that's been wandering since ages, and I quote the same, "What you see is what you get!"

Rest, let's wait and watch, what MISL has to offer in the second/third quarter of the year.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 3rd May 2022 at 12:33. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags
Old 12th May 2022, 21:07   #236
BHPian

Is the Brezza going to have drive-based safety features like ESP & Traction Control? I guess the current Brezza doesn't have any of these. And when is this coming to showrooms?
Old 12th May 2022, 22:30   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
Is the Brezza going to have drive-based safety features like ESP?
Autocar said it would:
Quote:
This July, GNCAP is also all set to debut its enhanced protocol, which will include side-impact tests and the requirement of ESC. We already know that Maruti will equip its new Brezza with ESC and six airbags
Maruti Suzuki Brezza could easily achieve 5-star crash rating: GNCAP

(Global NCAP are quite conservative in that sense, I'm quite sure there's more to that statement. There's a good chance Toyota has already made an offer to fund testing for the new Urban Cruiser and is targeting five stars, which automatically implies it could have ESC fit to a lot of variants and pass the UN's robotised emergency sine-dwell steering manoeuvre.

However it could also just be an updated result for the existing car (lap pretensioner + side impact = 5 stars) so it doesn't necessarily imply anything about ESC for the new car.

Last edited by ron178 : 12th May 2022 at 22:39.
Old 14th May 2022, 09:18   #238
BHPian

2022 Brezza's headlights reach Karol bagh, Delhi, ahead of its launch.

ATRONIX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 09:36   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
2022 Brezza's headlights reach Karol bagh, Delhi, ahead of its launch.
Glad to know that Maruti-Suzuki is retaining 2 projectors for the headlights, one for the low beam and other for the high beam. The current Vitara Brezza’s headlights in terms of lighting performance/illumination are one of the best amongst cars even from a segment above!

OT: This guy had also got the New Baleno’s headlights a few weeks before it had launched, maybe he can tell when is the new Brezza launching
CEF_Beasts is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 18:26   #240
BHPian

Spoke to my RM at Nexa where I have a current booking for the XL6. As per him, updated Brezza is only due in August. Not sure how reliable this info is.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks