Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2022, 21:00   #271
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

There were rumors that this Brezza would be based on Heartect Platform. Could anyone of you confirm this? If so, would be able to receive 4* or would be limited to 2* safety ratings like Swift and Dzire?
amitjha086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 22:58   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Vee View Post
Clear images of front and the rear:

Attachment 2311490

Attachment 2311499

Source: Rushlane and Motorbeam
The MotorBeam picture was sourced by me, spotted it on Golf Course Road, Gurgaon on Saturday (21st May 2022) at 9am. Trust me guys, the car looks amazing. It looks upmarket and classy. From a distance, with a Mercedes GLE (fitted with a camera) following it - it looked like a Toyota or a Lexus with the lights in action. On a closer look, I think the rear tail lights look like the ones on the Jeep Meridian, and front headlights have that stretched design like the ones on the VW Tiguan.
adigup is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 23:24   #273
BHPian

Liked the rear portion of the car and looks bigger too from the rear. Side looks more or less same but felt front grill area could have been done better. Also, hope engine tuning will be better and not be like in the new XL6. Heard lots of negative about the new xl6 engine response.
RaviGowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 23:48   #274
BHPian

Should I go for this or whether a little bigger compact SUV from Maruti Suzuki/ Toyota will be launched in a year?
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 23:51   #275
BHPian

This is looking like one very handsome vehicle I must say. And the red colour just adds to the appeal. Gives it a mini-Evoquish feel from certain angles

Maruti has really woken up from its loong slumber it seems. We have all been critical of its lethargic, half hearted and superfluous cosmetic upgrades over the years while the competition just raced ahead. Not anymore! With the new Baleno, XL6 and now this, I would give Maruti a pat on its back

Plus, the interior kitting and features have all been upgraded if one were to go by previous leaks and rumours.

Fits the bill perfectly for anyone looking for a comfortable 5 seater I think. Existing Brezza owners, can you please remark on the seating comfort in the rear for 3 average sized adults?

Also given that the vehicle is lighter than the XL6 and assuming the same state of tune, would it be unrealistic to expect a slightly more involving ride in the Brezza?

Last edited by akannath : 22nd May 2022 at 23:52.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 23:53   #276
BHPian

Seeking advice for my sister ,She is planning to buy a car which should be in the range of 8-10l OTR and they have considered buying the swift in zxi trim and breeza in vxi trim. So can you people advice any other good car in the given price bracket

Their requirements are listed below:
1. The car should be frugal and should be easy to maintain.
2. They are planning to keep it for a longer duration so they are expecting the car to reliable with minimum issues.
3. Car should return decent resale value whenever they plan to sell it.
4.The engine should have enough grunt and should be able to cruise at highway speeds because the usage would be 60:40, 60 would be in the city and 40 on the highway.
5.Next generation brezza is around the corners but looking at the pricing of the new XL-6 waiting for the new brezza wouldn't be sensible decision because that will go beyond the mentioned price bracket, what do you guys suggest?
Old 23rd May 2022, 09:00   #277
Senior - BHPian

The facelift has lost the design uniqueness Brezza held vis a vis rest of the maruti line up. Again beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and these are just spy pictures. This facelifted Brezza looks more boxier, akin to a grown up s-presso.
shortbread is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 09:05   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitjha086 View Post
There were rumors that this Brezza would be based on Heartect Platform. Could anyone of you confirm this? If so, would be able to receive 4* or would be limited to 2* safety ratings like Swift and Dzire?
The Brezza is not based on Heartect platform. It is based on an older platform shared with the S Cross and Vitara internationally.
Carma2017 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 09:59   #279
BHPian

This seems to be a great package, just like the newly introduced Baleno Facelift, it is the dull 1.5 NA engine that will keep me away from ever considering it seriously, even the MJD was much more exciting to drive and even their own Diesel engine is a much sensible and enjoyable option. (Not for us Delhi NCR people though)
They really don't have any engine or automatic options to make it truly competitive with the Hyundai Kia sisters. Which is sad because like I said, this does seem to be turning out great otherwise.
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:14   #280
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
They really don't have any engine or automatic options to make it truly competitive with the Hyundai Kia sisters.
Instead, I'll say "They don't tune the engine or automatic options to make it truly competitive with the Hyundai Kia sisters.". Maruti's preference is different - they don't tune the engine for outright performance.

Their 1.2L K-series engine was better than Hyundai 1.2 engine, but they later re-tuned it for mileage.

Internationally, Suzuki has the 1L and 1.4L BoosterJet Turbo engines which is very good.

Their in-house Diesel engine was on par with Hyundai Diesels.

Sad that we don't get many of those now, but the majority don't care about those and look mainly for mileage.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:31   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaid qazi View Post
...which should be in the range of 8-10l OTR and they have considered buying the swift in zxi trim and breeza in vxi trim. So can you people advice any other good car in the given price bracket...
Avoid the Swift altogether. It's worst build quality is the reason. I won't even suggest my biggest enemy to buy a Maruti Suzuki car like new gen Swift.

The existing Brezza seems to be of better build quality with acceptable safety rating.

Considering the way MSIL pricing their new cars like Baleno/ Ertiga/ XL6; the facelift of Brezza will be priced very high, without any substantial upgrade of interior or build quality or exterior. There will be lots of gimmicky feature addition. But ultimately it will remain same light weight build quality, low quality paint, low quality interior, same switch sets etc. For AT, you will perhaps get the 6 speed AT instead of existing 4 speed AT. But it was reported that engine+transmission combination of XL6 is not better than the existing combination. Similar experience may be expected in Brezza.

If you are in a budget and want to have a good reliable car with acceptable build quality and do not care about the gimmicky features, go for the existing one.

My colleague did the same thing. He bought an Urban Cruiser mid variant before the recent price hike. With all discounts and exchange bonus etc. it came out very cheap.

Buy the model with maximum airbags, rear defogger, rear wiper, ABC, ESP etc. All models don't have these features. Don't compromise on a single safety feature.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:32   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

New Brezza launch by end-June.

Quote:
Hyundai to announce pricing for the Venue facelift latest by June 20, 2022. The key rival to the refreshed Venue will be the all-new, and well-equipped, Maruti Suzuki Brezza that is also expected to see a price announcement around the same time.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:41   #283
BHPian

The new model seems to be a sub 4 metres vehicle too.

Does it have any logic to keep it as a sub 4 metre vehicle if you don't have a < 1200 cc petrol engine or a <1500 cc diesel engine?

If I am going to plonk a 1.5 liter engine in it, I would as well make it longer by 15-20 cms. Yes, it would cannibalise S-cross. But it will also take away a chunk of prospective buyers from the lower variants of Creta and Seltos.
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:54   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Instead, I'll say "They don't tune the engine or automatic options to make it truly competitive with the Hyundai Kia sisters.". Maruti's preference is different - they don't tune the engine for outright performance.

Their 1.2L K-series engine was better than Hyundai 1.2 engine, but they later re-tuned it for mileage.

Internationally, Suzuki has the 1L and 1.4L BoosterJet Turbo engines which is very good.

Their in-house Diesel engine was on par with Hyundai Diesels.

Sad that we don't get many of those now, but the majority don't care about those and look mainly for mileage.
While there is some truth to this but this is not the full picture at all.
Lets start with K12, now that is a competitive engine whichever way you look at it.
Power is top of the class on paper with the dual jet, but it always has been a peppy little engine which also happens to be great in mileage department (aided without doubt by light build of Maruti cars), the refinement is and has been amazing and has been my pick of the lot over the Kappa and Honda's 1.2 for the better part of last decade and remains till date. (Infact I'am seriously considering Baleno for my wife over i20 and others)

The K14 and then 15 have always been decades behind their direct competition in power, compared to both Honda and Hyundai, infact Honda's VTEC made more power 20 years ago than Maruti does now, and it is not just about the on paper figures but general driving characteristics are dull not just for enthusiasts but many people.

Coming to their in house diesel, well it was a brief appearance in Market and like I had mentioned it is anyday much better to drive than this petrol engine, despite on paper power figures being just about average owing to its good low end and being a turbo Diesel has enough oomph for most situations in city atleast and good refinement levels, I won't call it Hyundai good though, although they themselves have compromised their engine by offering just 115 bhp, it is still a much more lively engine to drive, Maruti's power can be compared to Honda's 1.5 at the very max and it aces over that in refinement. But who knows they could have made more editions of their engine with more power but that engine is dead for all practical purposes.

Regarding not offering Turbo petrol, Diesel, proper automatics over and above the NA engine, this is something that truly makes it uncompetitive in my opinion and that is truly sad because I actually kinda like the car.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 23rd May 2022 at 11:56.
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:22   #285
BHPian

Am I the only one who doesn't like front end? It somehow looks odd compared to the last facelift which looked mature. Atleast the Toyota version might look more mature. Rear end looks good though. Hope they don't price it high like what they did with XL6.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks