Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:27   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Avoid the Swift altogether. It's worst build quality is the reason. I won't even suggest my biggest enemy to buy a Maruti Suzuki car like new gen Swift.
It's perhaps the only car in the world that despite growing in size each passing generation, has become lighter and lighter!
shortbread is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:35   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
Regarding not offering Turbo petrol, Diesel, proper automatics over and above the NA engine, this is something that truly makes it uncompetitive in my opinion and that is truly sad because I actually kinda like the car.
The existing Brezza AT is a 4 speed Torque Converter AT type. And it is expected to come with 6 speed Torque Converter AT (as this one is now provided in XL6).

Are not these Torque Converter Automatic Transmission setups proper Automatic? Or the DSG and DCT are the only proper automatic?
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:46   #288
BHPian

Wow! New Brezza looks good in these snaps and seems an improvement in looks department. However, not sure whether it's built on the existing platform, or a new one - the reason being, current Brezza has scored 4* in GNCAP. It'd be only fair to expect same, or, enhanced rating.

Coming to engine and transmission: a 6-speed TC unit + paddle-shifters is perfect...but, what remains to be seen is the tuning of the Engine and Gear-box. Just to recollect the forum reviews on XL6 (on which the new 6-speed TC was introduced) is not very positive from performance perspective. It remains to be seen whether MS tunes this E+GB more towards efficiency or performance.

To me, it looks this new one will not have problems on the sales-chart!

Regards.
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:59   #289
BHPian

Quote:
The existing Brezza AT is a 4 speed Torque Converter AT type. And it is expected to come with 6 speed Torque Converter AT (as this one is now provided in XL6).

Are not these Torque Converter Automatic Transmission setups proper Automatic? Or the DSG and DCT are the only proper automatic?
They have notoriously not offered automatics in past and have offered ancient 4 speed units or AMT, they have removed CVT from Baleno and are offering AMT instead, if they offer a proper 6 speed TC unit then ofcourse it is a proper (and presumably modern) automatic. This is calling a spade a spade and not a my team vs your team post, I don't understand the sarcastic undertone of the last line.
Are you happy with Maruti just offering 1 lame engine option and milking the Brezza name? I saw the potential in the design, have liked the Brezza in its Diesel avatar and want them to come up to speed with the market, is that unreasonable to expect?

Also DCT and DSG are the same thing basically, the marketing departments can call it whatever they want.
I give it to you, you must have meant CVTs and DSGs are the only proper automatics. And answering it seriously, No.

TC come in all shapes and sizes, the best ones are very competitive with the DSGs and are proven to be extremely reliable as well. There are a lot of nuances about what would make a great automatic gearbox but that will exceed the scope of this post.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 14:16   #290
BHPian

I am in market for a CSUV and test drove the Brezza yesterday (AT). I must say it has very average built quality when you compare it with Venue/Sonet/Nexon/XuV300. I hope the new variant is sturdy and does not feel like cheap car. It ticks almost all the boxes except for the premium feel department and Maruti needs to do some serious upgrades to match up with its competition in this department.
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 14:44   #291
BHPian

Hello BHPians, posting for the first time here. Excited to hear about the impending launch of the Brezza. I don’t have a vast experience in automobiles but I have been eyeing a compact SUV for a few years. I currently own a Grand i10 but living in a hilly north eastern state like Nagaland there is a need for a stronger engine. I don’t like turbo engines so I am zeroing in on a 1.5 NA engine to meet my needs.

Due to the paucity of reliable service centres of many of the Companies in our state, it narrows down to Hyundai and maruti Suzuki for me. I have driven the creta but feel that the size is slightly big for my needs. So my mind is set on the Brezza, if its 1.5 NA engine is competitive overall with the Cretas 1.5 NA engine.

Wanted to ask the esteemed members here:

1. Which engine among the two would perform better on a slow climb over a 45 degree inclined road with stop/start progression?

2. Which engine has the stronger 3rd and 4th gear performance? If so, is the difference in performance very vast?

3. How do the engines perform between the speeds of 60 km to 100 km?

4. Which engine has the better power delivery in the lower gears?

Would be very keen to hear the advice of the knowledgeable BHPians here.
TribalRoar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 15:02   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Me thinks the nose is the most unimpressive part of the car, rest do look good. The side and rear are particularly good looking. Nose looks kinda insipid.

Maruti has to leave something for the Karolbagh vendors
ZenMaster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:56   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
This is calling a spade a spade and not a my team vs your team post, I don't understand the sarcastic undertone of the last line.
Please read my comments (or rather query) as from a relatively newbie. I have no experience of driving an AT except the Maruti Suzuki AMT which is perhaps not a great AT (or not exactly an AT).

My understanding was DSG/ DCT are best, TC is the next best and CVT are some combinations of pullies and belts and wheels to simulate an automatic transmission. And there are some good CVTs and not so good CVTs depending on how the manufacturers masked the shortcomings of CVT.

I am in search of a good car to upgrade from my existing swift. But not able to find any which is easy on pocket and save me physically (good safety) without any headache for frequent servicing/ breakdown. If I am balancing all, the bad ergonomics (Kicks) prevents the decision.

Anyway, this is perhaps off-topic. Need to discuss in other suitable threads. Meanwhile, many thanks for clearing up few things.
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 18:46   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Avoid the Swift altogether. It's worst build quality is the reason. I won't even suggest my biggest enemy to buy a Maruti Suzuki car like new gen Swift.

The existing Brezza seems to be of better build quality with acceptable safety rating.
Buy the model with maximum airbags, rear defogger, rear wiper, ABC, ESP etc. All models don't have these features. Don't compromise on a single safety feature.
Thank you for your advice! That's what I was thinking swift isn't a good bet in that particular price bracket considering it is a unsafe car and interior quality sucks big time and after looking at the new brezza in the leaked pics I think the current generation brezza would be a better pick given it would also fall in our price bracket. What variant would you suggest we should consider, is it the VXI Or the ZXI?

Waiting for the new brezza would be worthy? What can be the major upgrades in the new brezza? Or going in for the current brezza would be a better choice, looking at how they have priced the XL6, upcoming brezza can also be on the pricier side.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd May 2022 at 20:00. Reason: Merging back to back posts and trimming quoted text.
zaid qazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 20:51   #295
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaid qazi View Post
Waiting for the new brezza would be worthy? What can be the major upgrades in the new brezza? Or going in for the current brezza would be a better choice, looking at how they have priced the XL6, upcoming brezza can also be on the pricier side.
I think while LXI Manual might get slightly more expensive and VXI Manual may have a decent increase in price. ZXI will definitely see a sharp rise. Same goes for all AT models.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 21:46   #296

I have been longing to buy a new car since the start of this year but for some reason or the other haven't been able to finally get one. My ultimate priority was safety and my original shortlists were Nexon XZ+ (S) Petrol and XUV 300 W8 (P). After waiting for so long and having witnessed multiple price hikes , I finally booked XUV 300 and on the day the dealer called me back that he has arranged a car for me, I see the spy pics of new Brezza .Now I am having second thoughts whether it's worth to go for XUV 300 (which is now roughly a ~3 year old model) or wait until the full specs of Brezza are officially released. I would really love to hear thoughts from experts in the community.
Old 23rd May 2022, 21:49   #297
BHPian

I like the styling overall, but the front grille looks too meek. Also, bigger alloys might ahve improved the looks, but I guess these would be better for ride quality and puncture resistance.

I was looking forward to the new Brezza to replace my Ecosport, but the reviews of the XL6 engine and TC have me worried that the engine would be the weak spot on this one.

I'm 90% sure that Toyota would one-up MSIL on the styling for their Urban Cruiser, like they did with the Glanza.
Old 24th May 2022, 01:50   #298
BHPian

Quote:
T Or going in for the current brezza would be a better choice, looking at how they have priced the XL6, upcoming brezza can also be on the pricier side.
The new Brezza will surely see a steaper price hike in the higher variants (Zxi and Zxi+). Perhaps use the price hike in the Ertiga as a barometer, since if I am not mistaken both Ertiga and Brezza were similarly priced prior to the upgrade.

So expect in the range of Rs.8.5 to Rs.11.5 for the manuals?
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 07:36   #299
BANNED

Yes, yes - no doubt the Brezza is a good-looking pseudo-SUV (no AWD still), but this face-lift looks just like the earlier version. I mean is this reason enough for such song & dance?
Old 24th May 2022, 08:16   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it is a unsafe car
It's entirely up to you, but is it really a good idea to quantify safety overall based on a single crash? I agree the Swift didn't perform very well, with footwell problems and more importantly weak driver chest protection. But it also gets ESC which the current Brezza doesn't. Regardless of whether the crash test rating remains the same or not, the new Brezza is rumoured to get side body and head airbags and ESC, which are technologies not worth missing out on for a safety-conscious customer. Please remember that these technologies are not yet assessed by Global NCAP because they don't have the resources to (for India), not because they are not important.
ron178 is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks