Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2022, 08:54   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

I'm not a fan of the new side profile. The glass area on the C pillar gives it more of a MPV vibe than a SUV. The front is okayish - looks nice but not macho anymore. The rear is nice except for the oversized B R E Z Z A badging. It should have been a couple of sizes smaller. It seems to be longer than the current gen Brezza, not sure if it's an effect of the C pillar glass area.

Last edited by longhorn : 26th May 2022 at 08:57.
Old 26th May 2022, 09:23   #317
VIZ
BHPian

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.india...ount/52331/amp

As per this article, unofficial bookings are open. Not sure how true this is?
Old 26th May 2022, 15:52   #318
BHPian

Going by the leaked photos, the wheel arches and the side cladding of the new brezza seem unnecessarily thick. Doesnt look good to me. Does anyone else think so?

The rear looks good but the front just looks like a confused design. I find the front of the outgoing brezza, despite being uninspiring, much better. I am looking to buy this so its the engine tuning that will make or break the deal for me.

By the way does the car get any tax benefits being a sub-4 meter vehicle even if it has a 1.5 litre engine?
Old 26th May 2022, 17:02   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
By the way does the car get any tax benefits being a sub-4 meter vehicle even if it has a 1.5 litre engine?
None at all, MSIL is simply keeping the same chassis from diesel brezza guise, and not developing something new for this. However, if they decide to bring a 1L turbo petrol engine it can be plonked in this chassis to take advantage of the taxation rule.
cr4nkshaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 18:12   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
Going by the leaked photos, the wheel arches and the side cladding of the new brezza seem unnecessarily thick. Doesnt look good to me. Does anyone else think so?

The rear looks good but the front just looks like a confused design. I find the front of the outgoing brezza, despite being uninspiring, much better. I am looking to buy this so its the engine tuning that will make or break the deal for me.

I endorse your views. The side cladding and the arches are overdone. So are the front and the rear skid plates. The tyres look too small for this seemingly oversized body that has been made to look bulkier with the thick plastics all around.
It's trying to look bigger than it is. The best part so far is the rear. Still that rear skid plate that swallows the whole bumper is so unnecessarily huge.

Coming to the specs though - 1.5 lit with the 6 speed TC - it is a no brainer buy for majority of the crowd.
Gupts007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 00:12   #321
BHPian

Too many black elements at the back. The car also seems to follow the Evoque look.

Somehow the thick black cladding on the wheel arches do not look good in pictures vis-a-vis the current car. However looking at the overall looks, probable features, it will lead the CSUV market as No. 1 for atleast the next year.

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 27th May 2022 at 00:14.
Old 27th May 2022, 00:16   #322
BHPian

I don't like the way it looks. It appears artificially funky to me. The current one looks way matured. Given that there will be considerable price increase, I do not regret that my brother bought the current one(top end manual) in February.
Benoit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 12:36   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
I endorse your views. The side cladding and the arches are overdone. So are the front and the rear skid plates. The tyres look too small for this seemingly oversized body that has been made to look bulkier with the thick plastics all around.
It's trying to look bigger than it is. The best part so far is the rear. Still that rear skid plate that swallows the whole bumper is so unnecessarily huge.

Coming to the specs though - 1.5 lit with the 6 speed TC - it is a no brainer buy for majority of the crowd.
I concur. And going by typical Maruti standard the quality of the plastics on those bulky parts is probably going to be depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Too many black elements at the back. The car also seems to follow the Evoque look.

Somehow the thick black cladding on the wheel arches do not look good in pictures vis-a-vis the current car. However looking at the overall looks, probable features, it will lead the CSUV market as No. 1 for atleast the next year.
Overall it just makes the most sense for the common majority. Nobody really likes it that much, I dont, but i am thinking of buying one. Its not on top for quality or performance. Its on top because it just ticks the most boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I don't like the way it looks. It appears artificially funky to me. The current one looks way matured. Given that there will be considerable price increase, I do not regret that my brother bought the current one(top end manual) in February.
Yes, Pretentious is the word I think. I cant understand why carmakers in india put so much effort into fake embellishments. Personally it just leaves a sour taste in the mouth. They should just work within the price bracket of the car and not try to artificially make it look upmarket.
TribalRoar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 21:27   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

New Brezza update:

- Launching by end June (29th or 30th)

-2022 Maruti Brezza will update it with more equipment, including a new 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with SmartPlay Pro+ software, a 360-degree camera, a HUD, connected car features, sunroof and more.

- It receives a new front fascia, including a new bonnet with a revised grille and new LED headlamps with LED DRLs.

- The rear fascia gets a new tailgate, sleeker LED tail-lamps and a new rear bumper

- Based on the same Global C Platform as its predecessor.

- The brand is planning to focus on the safety of the new Brezza and will equip it
with 6 airbags and hill-hold feature (only in automatic variants).

- 6 Speed AT with Paddle shifters will be seen as the first in a Maruti Suzuki car.

- Pricing to start at Rs 8 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 22:28   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- 6 Speed AT with Paddle shifters will be seen as the first in a Maruti Suzuki car.,
Isn't already launched in XL6
NICHE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 22:35   #326

Are the windows now UV cut like in Baleno? They somehow look extra dark in the pictures?
Old 28th May 2022, 23:37   #327

Looking for some advice here from seasoned forum members. I spoke to Bimal here in Whitefield Bangalore, the sales person said that the pre-booking is open for Rs. 11,000/-. They'll apparently add you to the queue for the old Brezza (he mentioned something about some code not yet released), and then when the car is launched, he said that you'll get first dibs as you already have a booking in place. Would I be really jumping the queue or is this just fluff?

Also, he mentioned that they'll hold back Rs. 500/- if you plan to cancel your booking.
Old 29th May 2022, 00:42   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Isn't already launched in XL6
On the new Ertiga too if I am not mistaken.
funkyduck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 08:22   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapstar View Post
Looking for some advice here from seasoned forum members. I spoke to Bimal here in Whitefield Bangalore, the sales person said that the pre-booking is open for Rs. 11,000/-. They'll apparently add you to the queue for the old Brezza (he mentioned something about some code not yet released), and then when the car is launched, he said that you'll get first dibs as you already have a booking in place. Would I be really jumping the queue or is this just fluff?

Also, he mentioned that they'll hold back Rs. 500/- if you plan to cancel your booking.
Based on my experience what Bimal is saying is consistent and I personally know of couple of booking with them. Yes, they mentioned that the booking will be queued and priority will be given once the car is launched also they mentioned a cancellation fee of Rs.500. Lets wait and see how it pans out.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 13:09   #330
BHPian

Hello fellas!
I have found the Brezza's design inspired from many other cars.
First, the front looks like a Nexon for me, and that is okayish (thank god the rear wasn't like the Nexon )
The side looks better because of the Evoque like stance giving it a premium feel than the others.
The back looks like a copy-paste job of the Triber and Magnite. Still looks good.
The alloys look like the Sonet by quite a bit...
The interior however, looks just like the Seltos!
Looks like MSIL has made a lot of design mix for the heavily refreshed Brezza. Don't know what the new UC Hyryder (if based on this) will look like.
These are the pics:
The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-img_20220529_122455.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-img_20220529_123150.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-img_20220529_123926.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-img_20220529_124745.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-img_20220529_124847.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-img_20220529_125832.jpg

Last edited by MADisMynAMe : 29th May 2022 at 13:36. Reason: Slight spelling mistake for Triber
MADisMynAMe is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks