Is there any source for these facts?

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 29th March 2021 at 10:20. Reason: Fixing quotes
Old 29th March 2021, 10:42   #17
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
These are some of the confirmed facts about the new Brezza:
1) It is not based on the Heartect platform and it is the same platform as current Brezza, S Cross and Global Vitara.
Any rumours about Scross replacement ? Will it be replaced by a future C SUV or a Nexa version of the new Brezza ?
Old 29th March 2021, 11:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Any rumours about Scross replacement ? Will it be replaced by a future C SUV or a Nexa version of the new Brezza ?
I think there are ample threads on the S Cross replacement which is being developed for Toyota as well. It is also scheduled for 2022 as well like the Brezza. As far as I know there are no Nexa versions of Brezza.
Carma2017 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 13:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is good news if true. I mean regarding the platform. At least one car escapes the craptect platform and will hopefully give a good GNCAP score. Hoping since Toyota is also a part of this development. No diesel engine is a bummer though.
longhorn is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 16:43   #20
S2K
BHPian

Quote:
3) Although it will still continue to be powered by 1.5L Gasoline engine, there will be some changes in the power train.
4) A 6AT version will exist
Any news of mild/strong hybrid powertrain?
Also what is the launch timeline and expected price range?
Old 31st March 2021, 19:33   #21
BHPian

6 speed auto gearbox could do wonders to the car. I have seen a colleague in our Frankfurt office drive one 3-4 years back. It didn't seem out of place in the Autobahns. I guess that was a more powerful car with better safety features. If they could sell that in India, more discerning people would buy it.
Old 31st March 2021, 20:07   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Now the rumours:
1) A CNG variant (s) may also exist due to lack of Diesel mill
Earlier rumours suggested that we could see a return of the 1.5 L Diesel motor. So, what is the latest development now? NO DIESEL for sure?
And if at all it makes it's comeback; are we in for a Diesel 6AT TC gearbox by any chance? Coz if this happens, it'll simply blow off the Brezza sales through the roof!

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 31st March 2021 at 20:09.
ashvek3141 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 21:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Earlier rumours suggested that we could see a return of the 1.5 L Diesel motor. So, what is the latest development now? NO DIESEL for sure?
And if at all it makes it's comeback; are we in for a Diesel 6AT TC gearbox by any chance? Coz if this happens, it'll simply blow off the Brezza sales through the roof!
Exactly my feeling. If Brezza and UC come with a diesel and 6 speed AT, they will dominate the segment. A little remap of the engine will make the deal even sweeter. Why is Maruti so slow in BS6 diesel is beyond me.
DonHyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 21:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
2) There will exist variants with 6 Airbags
A Maruti with 6 speed AT and 6 airbags in this human life.

Am I dreaming? Maruti doing a volte face? Too good to be true types.

As much as I want to believe this news, somewhere inside me there is still that feeling of getting pranked yet again. Fingers crossed my friends!!!

Last edited by headbanger : 31st March 2021 at 21:37.
headbanger is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 21:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti will never make more than one change at a time. So it will be New Vitara first with same (maybe slightly tweaked) engine and 4 speed TC. After a year, will come the 6 speed TC, another year on, the Diesel Manual (once their 1.5L Diesel engine is finally made BS6 compliant), and finally 6 air bags at the very end.

Each year, they will be marketing why that year's product is superior, i.e., first year they will shout from the rooftops why Petrol is better than Diesel and why their 4 speed TC is the most reliable. Second year, they will brag about their 6 speed AT, while still saying Diesel does not make sense in this day and age. Third year, Marketing will spin a totally different yarn about fuel savings advantages of Diesels and how they are good for global warming while maintaining that one never needs more than 2 airbags in an SUV. And so on...
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 22:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K View Post
Any news of mild/strong hybrid powertrain?
Also what is the launch timeline and expected price range?
The hybrid is likely to be the ISG based mild hybrid only it seems. The stronger hybrids would come with the models co developed with Toyota like the S Cross replacement. The source says unveiling at Auto Expo, no idea about launch though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I have no idea about any Diesel engine development going on at Suzuki Japan (Japan is where all Suzuki engines are born). Suzuki is already selling every possible copy that they can make including in export markets. I don't think they are that worried about sales bump via Diesel engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
A Maruti with 6 speed AT and 6 airbags in this human life.

Am I dreaming? Maruti doing a volte face? Too good to be true types.

As much as I want to believe this news, somewhere inside me there is still that feeling of getting pranked yet again. Fingers crossed my friends!!!
A 6AT is definitely in pipeline along with 6 Airbags believe it or not. And knowing Suzuki, this formula will be replicated across many models may be till as low as Swift I guess.

Last edited by Eddy : 1st April 2021 at 02:53. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 00:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
A 6AT is definitely in pipeline along with 6 Airbags believe it or not.
Suzuki uses 6 speed TC in other markets. But I think they will bring CVT in their new cars in the interest of fuel economy which is the key factor in India. Already they use one in baleno. Their partner toyota also offers CVT only in their petrol offerings.
NICHE is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 08:52   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These are some of the confirmed facts about the new Brezza:
1) It is not based on the Heartect platform and it is the same platform as current Brezza, S Cross and Global Vitara.
2) There will exist variants with 6 Airbags
3) Although it will still continue to be powered by 1.5L Gasoline engine, there will be some changes in the power train.
Great that it continues with the C platform Maybe Maruti could do some work and make it a proper 5 star crash test rated car.

C'mon don't laugh. They are giving us a six speed automatic!!!! Maybe they have woke up and mend their ways.

Higher variants with six airbags are also welcome, hope they give ESP too.

As expected they are continuing with the K15 engine. Nothing wrong with that, it's a decent good engine. Just that alongwith the hybrid system, please give the manual a sixth cog too. The 1.5l diesel will set the sales charts on fire.

Know it is almost the Jap modus operandi, but c'mon. There should be atleast some scoop pics of testing going around. Celerio scoop pics are there. Not even a single scoop pic for the next gen Brezza, especially for a made for/in India vehicle.

Given that the launch is this year, makes me more suspicious that this is a heavily reworked version of the present car and not entirely next gen. IMO, as long as they have extra cogs for the transmissions, bring the diesel back and work on the interior plastic quality, nothing pretty much wrong in continuing with the present model.

Last edited by DicKy : 1st April 2021 at 09:01.
DicKy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 08:42   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

New Vitara Brezza to launch by this year end.

- Vitara Brezza will retain the 1.5L K15B naturally aspirated petrol engine.

- It will get a stronger hybrid system.

- There will be two gearboxes on offer – a new 6-speed automatic and a 5-speed manual

- Connected car technology, wireless charging, factory-fitted sunroof and more.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 11:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Vitara Brezza to launch by this year end
This seems highly unlikely as facelift brezza was launched not so far back.
CrossLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks