Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2022, 21:32   #436
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Brezza diesel came with AMT which was stopped in the BS6 era.
Ahh, but isn’t the quoted conversation about petrol here. Anyway, let me just be clear for the audience here, petrol brezza never had an AMT, the diesel one did but I don’t think it’s part of the discussion anymore. Apologises if the remark caused any confusion there.
Old 9th June 2022, 22:10   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADisMynAMe View Post
Thinking out of the box - Looking at this picture from the rear, is Maruti trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat, by offering a sub 4 metre 5+2 seating version, a la the Renault Triber ? Or perhaps there are two versions - a 5 seater and a 5+2 seater, as the various pictures of the rear end, seem to vary (i agree that could all be because of the camera angle). But no harm in taking a stab in the dark

It is an outlandish idea and this might lead to cannibalization of sales of its sibling Ertiga also. Let us wait and watch!

Last edited by jessie007 : 9th June 2022 at 22:19. Reason: sub 4 metre added
jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 02:04   #438
BHPian

Wheels look puny due to the big claddings. Pictures appear distorted and only gives vibes of a Wagon R on steroids than a UV. MSIL could think of hybrid options with their Toyota collaboration in order to counter the lack of diesel options, but Maruti being Maruti will not take too many chances and will like to play it safe as always providing sedate petrol motors

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th June 2022 at 05:17. Reason: Minor typo corrected.
autocratic1107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 06:45   #439
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm2.0 View Post
Looks ultra boxy and disproportionate. Is it the camera angle to be blamed by any chance? I remember XUV 700 also received similar criticism due to unclear and disproportionate images.
Totally the camera angle to be blamed. Wide angled at close range gives such distortion.

The body essentially is the same as the out going model.
Mafia is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 06:50   #440
BHPian

The car doesn't look good in these pictures but I am sure this is photographic distortion. Many other pictures the car has looked much more proportionate from all angles. The more squarish than rounded wheel arches make the wheels look small, as if on a big MUV. The steering also doesn't feel premium. The once popularly best looker compact SUV might lose its position with this launch.
black.beauty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 11:51   #441
Senior - BHPian

Any insider info if the manual gearbox is upgraded to 6 speed? The 5 speed MT is good for city drives but the same is thirsty at cruising speeds on highway. The same applies to Ertiga, Ciaz and S-cross.

Lack of a diesel engine is definitely affecting the sales. Fuel prices have ensured that people stay inclined towards diesel Nexon, Venue and Sonet. Waiting period for diesel variants have gone up compared to their petrol equivalents.
Old 10th June 2022, 13:40   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_cooper View Post
This image makes it look like its not having an HUD. But Steering\cruise controls, push start is visible, however, the Arm rest is missing.
So I believe, it might be from a VXI or ZXI model.
I honestly hope that it comes with a proper arm rest. That's such an eye sore and harps back to the 90s image. C'mon MS, how much can you save by not offering a basic thing as an arm rest

I also noticed several missing buttons in one of the earlier images - there way were too many to my liking. Almost gives the feeling that MS have deliberately removed features in this vehicle, but thats not the case though. However, the positioning of those blanks is in poor taste.

But overall, this looks like an interesting launch and MS have ticked most things right in my view. Agree the oversized cladding makes the wheels look puny but the overall stance is decent in my view. How much of a premium do members think this will demand over the current generation? Any scoops on pricing?

Last edited by akannath : 10th June 2022 at 13:43.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 16:18   #443
BHPian

Just one question - why would I miss the flappy paddle shifter thingies on a "kitna-deti-hai?" oriented budget commuter with a baseline mediocre engine?

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 10th June 2022 at 16:20.
Old 10th June 2022, 16:26   #444
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
why would I miss the flappy paddle shifter thingies...
Paddle shifters are very much there. But on what terms are you calling it flappy? Did you already drive it? Or are you part of the parts supplier team?

Quote:
...on a "kitna-deti-hai?" oriented budget commuter with a baseline mediocre engine?
We see Venue and Sonet coming with 1.2L NA engines which are not good even to pull an i20. What will you call those cars, then?

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-fb_img_1654679005577.jpg

Last edited by romeomidhun : 10th June 2022 at 16:30.
romeomidhun is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 16:50   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Paddle shifters are very much there. But on what terms are you calling it flappy? Did you already drive it? Or are you part of the parts supplier team?

We see Venue and Sonet coming with 1.2L NA engines which are not good even to pull an i20. What will you call those cars, then?
1. It’s literally what they’re called:

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-3a42e8813d6246aaa17172493338039a.jpeg

2. I’d call them redundant. But that’s just me. And this is the Brezza thread. Agree to disagree.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 17:38   #446
BHPian

Somehow that steering wheel looks very dated. But a very good overhaul compared to previous gen.

Most of the features expected in this segment are present, with a few omissions (auto IRVMs) and some blunders (missing armrest in a CSUV? Are you for real MS???)

But this looks like a winner overall and will bring in the numbers as expected of MS. Just hope they up their safety game as their desi counterparts have done so well in recent times.
Old 11th June 2022, 10:52   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Just one question - why would I miss the flappy paddle shifter thingies on a "kitna-deti-hai?" oriented budget commuter with a baseline mediocre engine?
With due respect sir, there is so much prejudice in your statement!

According to your logic none of the cars below 20L should come with paddle shifters or any other premium features as they shouldn’t be needed in budget commuter cars.
midazolam is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 13:30   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
With due respect sir, there is so much prejudice in your statement!

According to your logic none of the cars below 20L should come with paddle shifters or any other premium features as they shouldn’t be needed in budget commuter cars.
With due respect, read my post again. Don’t assume and derive extra inferences, same as the other gentlemen who didn’t understand my point. I rest my case.
Old 11th June 2022, 14:24   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2318921

2. I’d call them redundant. But that’s just me. And this is the Brezza thread. Agree to disagree.
Brezza has a 1.5L engine. Other prominent cars which have / had paddle shifters are 1.5L cars, for example Honda City, Toyota Yaris, Ford Ecosport. Why do you think paddle shifters redundant on a 1.5L engine? In my experience, they work very well for holding down the gears while climbing down a ghaat. They are less for outsmarting the in-built logic of gears, and more for limiting the engine to not shift to the highest gear possible.
Old 11th June 2022, 15:52   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, calling a yet-to-be-launched car "mediocre", "baseine" "kitna deti hai oriented" etc, is simply unjustifiable as the car has not yet arrived at showrooms, neither have the reviews been out and nor does it appear that you are someone working at MSIL who has driven the car ahead of the whole world (unless you are! Are you?)!
Honestly and with due respect, your statement does nothing but just highlights your bias against the Brezza (or maybe against MS, like many people on the internet!)

With due respects yet again, your logic around Paddle Shifters seems faulty as they are not present in cars today for a sporty driving experience! Paddle Shifters today, are convenience/safety features provided by manufacturers to let people take manual control of the gearbox whenever required in an emergency maneuver or during high speed overtakes or in the hills.

Hence Paddle Shifters are not something that only a "supposedly" sporty car should have!

Quote:
Again, I'd like to remind you that with time, every product's intended purpose changes. Just like I explained above, the same has happened with Paddle Shifters, which have gone from being performance oriented features to being comfort and safety oriented features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZombie View Post
Most of the features expected in this segment are present, with a few omissions (auto IRVMs) and some blunders (missing armrest in a CSUV? Are you for real MS???)
Are we really going to believe that a manufacturer who provides Hill Hold Control as standard in a WagonR AMT, Auto AC as standard in a Baleno (when some midsize cars miss out on the same on base variants), Projectors as standard on most of their expensive cars etc is going to not provide a front armrest in a C-SUV when their own cheaper and more expensive cars get it??!!
theAutomaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed