2022 Maruti Brezza - All features and details

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-20220622_093938.jpg

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-20220622_093941.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:01   #542
BHPian

re: The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh

Why stick to 4 meter length, with 1.5 litre petrol engine, they won't get any excise benefit, better increase length and have space at rear
SolidusSnake is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:11   #543
Senior - BHPian

Good that Hill Hold Assist and ESP are standard to cars these days. Thanks to Tata Nexon for creating a healthy competition.

No doubt, Brezza would be an instant hit, hope they don't bump the price by a big margin.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:20   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
2022 Maruti Brezza - All features and details

Source
Impressed with the inclusion of Ambient Lighting, Black alloy wheel option for ZXI and standard ESP and Hill Hold.

However, I am disappointed that 6 airbags are available only in the top spec ZXI+ and also with the rear wiper being available only on the ZXI and ZXI+ onwards! (Better than Sonet/Venue but still not expected!)

Also, I don't see any mention of IR and UV cut glasses unlike the XL6 and Baleno!!! Why are you the way you are Maruti??

That said, all variants are pretty well loaded and this will very well reclaim its throne unless they mess up the pricing (which they generally don't, but can't say anything!)
theAutomaniac is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:22   #545
BHPian

No word on TPMS yet. Hope it would be implemented as factory fitted ones integrated in the instrument cluster are much more convenient for the buyers.
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:45   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
No word on TPMS yet. Hope it would be implemented as factory fitted ones integrated in the instrument cluster are much more convenient for the buyers.
No news of TPMS is a bit disappointing. IMO this should be made a mandatory safety device which can warn drivers of abnormal tyre pressure and preventing tyre blowouts due to incorrect tyre pressure. Hoping this is included.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:55   #547
Senior - BHPian

Booked the Zxi AT in Silver & Black with Chowgule in Pune. I wish the 6 airbags and 360 camera were optional upgrades for the Zxi. Personally do not need the other extra tech tidbits.

Now the ultra-long waiting game begins! I hope it does not end up taking 6 months as I need to get rid of the ageing (already dead!!) 2009 Punto that this Brezza will replace.
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:12   #548
Senior - BHPian

2022 Maruti Brezza - 360 degree view camera teased.

The 2022 Maruti Brezza, now launched at Rs 7.99 lakh-smartselect_20220622121114_twitter.jpg

Video link -

Last edited by BlackPearl : 22nd June 2022 at 17:14. Reason: Updated with video link. Thanks.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 12:19   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Rear wipers only on ZXI and ZXI+? There goes my hope of seeing it in a mid spec variant. Also that means, only the ZXI+ gets the large screen? While all others get the smaller one with thick bezels? Wouldn't have minded if it was in-dash instead of stick on tablet style.

Pleasing surprsied that ESP and hill-hold are standard from LXI onwards.

Reduced door closing effort? The doors would have more aggressive 3 step opening/closing? Remember when the Vitara Brezza was launched , a Maruti engineer had commmented that it was easy to have that 'thud' sound regardless of door actual quality.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 13:10   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
No news of TPMS is a bit disappointing. IMO this should be made a mandatory safety device which can warn drivers of abnormal tyre pressure and preventing tyre blowouts due to incorrect tyre pressure. Hoping this is included.
I thought the TPMS was now a regulatory requirement as all the major car manufacturers offering the same , moreover from the base variants. Surprised to see this omission in the new Breezza. However, we should wait for the official release of the car to see if it has actually been skipped.
Old 22nd June 2022, 14:32   #551
BHPian

So, I’ve booked the Zxi AT yesterday morning and received the auto confirmation and receipt from Maruti for the payment I did (Rs 11000).
Got a call later in the day from a sales rep from the dealer I had selected that have yet to receive the confirmation of the booking from Maruti. Fair enough.

So today morning I called back the sales rep and she was at the new Brezza training. Asked her about the ANCAP rating, she didn’t have a clue (or didn’t divulge) BUT rather went on a tangent how those ratings are “foreign” and India is different. I was pissed.

Later, coincidentally I receive a SMS from Maruti requesting me to download the configuration of my booked car. I click on the link and lo-and-behold it shows the old brezza with the old price and a totally different colour to mine.

I call up Maruti helpline and they can’t assist me since they do not have access to booking details. Not just mine, but anyones. They give me the number of a higher up person at the dealership, whom I called since, and now waiting for his confirmation.

Not a happy camper!

On a side note: would anyone happen to whether I would be able to change the variant in my original booking? Thinking about ZXI+ mainly because of the extra airbags.
sammysossa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:18   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake View Post
Why stick to 4 meter length, with 1.5 litre petrol engine, they won't get any excise benefit, better increase length and have space at rear
Pretty sure that will result in a lot of changes in the assembly line and prices will go up. Don't think Maruti will want that. It's not a small car by any means and they might be saving the <4 space for upcoming Creta rival.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:18   #553
BHPian

Looks like fabric seats all the way to the top...a huge miss IMO....their monopolistic traits from the past are still showing a few effects here and there....ofcourse no car can be perfect but certain key things cannot be omitted.....leather or faux leather seats in the top trim is a given for a vehicle that will be like 13 lacs + onroad easy....perhaps even 14+
Gupts007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:39   #554

Quote:
Later, coincidentally I receive a SMS from Maruti requesting me to download the configuration of my booked car. I click on the link and lo-and-behold it shows the old brezza with the old price and a totally different colour to mine.

I call up Maruti helpline and they can’t assist me since they do not have access to booking details. Not just mine, but anyones. They give me the number of a higher up person at the dealership, whom I called since, and now waiting for his confirmation.

Not a happy camper!

On a side note: would anyone happen to whether I would be able to change the variant in my original booking? Thinking about ZXI+ mainly because of the extra airbags.
Yes you can change the booking. I booked one earlier this month on the vxi automatic variant of the old Brezza. They're taking bookings against the old version for the time being. Was told by the dealer that when the prices and full variant information is released, i would have to submit a letter to the dealership specifying whether I want to continue with the vxi automatic booking or upgrade to zxi or zxi+. I could also at the same time choose to change to a manual transmission if I wished and change the colour too. The procedure might be slightly different at your dealership but should work.
Birdingtrails is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 15:46   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
You can change the variant whenever you want, just ask the sales person to change it for you.
But I think your booking order will also change. From my understanding suppose I book the zxi now I'll get a booking number for it. After a week or so if I decide to change it to zxi+ my booking order will change to the latest zxi+ booking number. Basically you may lose the priority of booking first.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks