Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 18:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Hilux single-cab spotted in Delhi. EDIT: It's a consulate car

A Toyota Hilux single-cab pickup truck has been spotted in Delhi.

Toyota Hilux single-cab spotted in Delhi. EDIT: It's a consulate car-20210122_185856.jpg

The Hilux shares its underpinnings with the Innova and Fortuner. This single-cab version looks more utilitarian than the double-cab variant. It is equipped with a flat-bed and is riding on steel wheels.

Toyota Hilux single-cab spotted in Delhi. EDIT: It's a consulate car-20210122_185858.jpg

This version of the Hilux is available in Australia and is called the Workmate. It is offered with one petrol and two diesel engine options. These include a 2.7-litre petrol producing 164 BHP / 245 Nm, a 2.4-litre turbo-diesel rated at 145 BHP / 400 Nm and a 2.8-litre turbo-diesel with a peak output of 201 BHP / 500 Nm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic. Four-wheel-drive is optional on some of the variants.

Toyota Hilux single-cab spotted in Delhi. EDIT: It's a consulate car-20210122_185903.jpg

Reports suggest that Toyota is evaluating the Hilux for the Indian market. It could compete with the Isuzu D-Max.

Toyota Hilux single-cab spotted in Delhi. EDIT: It's a consulate car-0.jpg

Thanks to Vijay Sharma for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 20:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Hilux single-cab spotted in Delhi. EDIT: It's a consulate car

Hope they stick to dualcab version! Single cab with yellow plates can dent Fortuner's image IMO.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 21:28   #3
BHPian

Nice to see Toyota is finally bringing these vehicles to the country. I am note sure in terms of the units which Isuzu sold their MU-7. But since this is Toyota it would have takers.

Curious to know the other variants - as double cab's regular Hilux would be a great alternative for Isuzu.
Old 26th January 2021, 22:17   #4
BHPian

I would love to see these on our roads, but I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of this being an embassy car. I used to see a very similar one on my daily commute, it used to have embassy plates and had the sticker of ‘Chatswood Toyota’, a dealership in Australia, so I guess the Australian embassy must have purchased it from that dealership and imported it to India.
Sanidhya mukund is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 02:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Where does Pakistan get their Toyota's from? For a smaller country, their line up of Toyota models are more than ours and they have the Hilux.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 27th January 2021 at 02:49.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 06:54   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
I would love to see these on our roads, but I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of this being an embassy car.
Absolutely. Seems to be a random Consulate vehicle. It’s being used in this case for transporting ply-boards. This is not the model that Toyota will have on its mind for India.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 08:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Absolutely. Seems to be a random Consulate vehicle. It’s being used in this case for transporting ply-boards. This is not the model that Toyota will have on its mind for India.
Correct. Because tyres seems used, there is a dent on the door, Hilux nameplate is not masked. Doesn't look the car is on test.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 10:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Could this be an Australian embassy vehicle?
Because this type of rear aluminum tub is used extensively in Australia.

And this hilux version is called WorkMate there.
Toyota Hilux single-cab spotted in Delhi. EDIT: It's a consulate car-sxwzhn3bfl32wzb6ie8c.jpg

Toyota Hilux single-cab spotted in Delhi. EDIT: It's a consulate car-hilux-single-extra-double-cab-utes-4x2-4x4-toyota-au.png
jeepster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:18   #9
BHPian

This is a consulate vehicle , seen it around often enough . The gent who took this pic must certainly have seen the plates , wonder why then disguise this as a scoop .
wbd8779 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks