Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2021, 23:47   #16
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Hope 330 is a typo and its actually 430
That's the first thing I thought when I read it, with all the excitement that VW/Skoda have built up on these 2 launches hope this doesn't become a deal breaker.

If that figure is indeed correct then the only thing that comes to my mind is "So Close Yet So Far!!"
firstdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 02:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

The car looks like a longer Venue than a smaller Creta. Seems narrow and from some web articles, the width seems lower than Maruti Baleno which will limit the shoulder room and 3 will feel very squeezed compared to the segment.

Dropping the 1.5 MT will eliminate the ability of people to just do a 1.0 variant to 1.5 same variant comparison. The on road price difference between 1.0 AT and 1.5 DSG would be close to 2 Lakhs as guesstimate. Anymore difference would not be nice. Fully loaded top end 1.0 MT with all panoramic drama should be shy of 14 ex-showroom. VW should price the 1.0 a notch below the Seltos /Creta NA to be really aggressive while 1.5 can be on par to the Creta /Seltos turbos.

I hope all the features mentioned especially the panoramic sunroof are available in both engine options and all transmission options. Try to keep just 3 trims in each engine transmission combo totaling 9 variants.

Hope the digital cockpit is truly close to the Audis and provides pretty of fun options.

For those not liking the Colored dashboard trims, maybe one can get after market quality paint to black or whichever without actually removing the dashboard fully. Shouldn't cost more than 10k max for the best quality job.

Wish the seat upholstery could have been more modern.
dipen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 08:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

I do not understand why manufacturers are coming out with white / off white interiors. I live with it so I know how much of a pain it is!
But otherwise a very nice looking, well specced car. Wireless Android auto / apple car play please!

Totally agree with Dipen- hope they create variants using the engine gearboxes on offer rather than giving the 1.5 in just the top spec.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 10:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

The boot space is too less for a car in this segment. It is going to be a deal breaker for me, the over all basic utility of the vehicle matters more than gizmos, panoramic sunroof etc. Hope they will provide a decent boot space. The boot space looked big in the autocar video from auto expo.

Hope 330L is a typo. Any idea if Kushaq is also having similar boot space? If so, I need not wait for VW cousins and get a Creta/ Kia DCT version.

I like the simple design compared to the current trend, but the colored inserts in interior looks very flashy. White/ off white interiors is difficult to maintain. I always prefer black or dark interiors, especially with kids.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 5th February 2021 at 10:56.
Old 5th February 2021, 11:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The alloys looks like the the R line Black ones. Hopefully they make it to the production one.
Old 5th February 2021, 16:06   #21
BHPian

The car looks pleasing to my eyes. The high bonnet gives some sort of butch look, but the side profile gives away the cross-over fundamentals. Nonetheless, I like the overall design.

Is the Autocar render a scoop for the final, or close-to-production version? It is essentially identical to the Auto Expo concept with thicker cladding all-around. It seem a little different with the body-color not visible in the front.

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-taigun_front_render.png

The Autocar render is also inconsistent as the side-cladding is missing in some

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-taigun_rear_render.png
cuboid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 16:32   #22
BHPian

The 330l bootspace is a joke on 4.2m car. That bootspace is ok in 4m category, but if you got to take on koreans, you should come all guns blazing. Lack of diesel option will also be a deal breaker for many. Many people diss Koreans, but the way they have done recent launches, and what VW/Skoda is planning to launch, seems that Koreans might have the last laugh.
Old 5th February 2021, 23:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
The 330l bootspace is a joke on 4.2m car. That bootspace is ok in 4m category, but if you got to take on koreans, you should come all guns blazing. Lack of diesel option will also be a deal breaker for many. Many people diss Koreans, but the way they have done recent launches, and what VW/Skoda is planning to launch, seems that Koreans might have the last laugh.
S-cross at 4.3m length and 2.6m wheelbase provides 353l bootspace. Taigun being shorter in length and with more wheelbase, concentration is more on legroom it seems. Also international model(t-cross) comes with sliding second row which can help in increasing bootspace when required. Not sure if this feature will be available in Indian version.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 21:00   #24
BHPian

There was supposed(or rumor) to be a media drive for Taigun in Feb. Does anyone know if the media invites have gone out?
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 16:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I like the simple design compared to the current trend
I think the front design is inspired from its eldest brother Volkswagen Teramont.

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-volkswagenteramont20181.jpg
Old 11th February 2021, 09:00   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Siblings spied on test run - Skoda Kushaq and VW Taigun:
Quote:
Though the overall size / structure is same of both SUVs, one can notice the different set of headlight design and front grille.
Quote:
Kushaq will launch first, by June 2021. Post that Taigun will launch. Expect Rs 10-15 lakh price range.
Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-volkswagentaigunskodakushaqspiedpune4.jpg

VW Taigun:

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-volkswagentaigunskodakushaqspiedpune3600x450.jpg

Convoy of Test cars:

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-volkswagentaigunskodakushaqspiedpune1600x338.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th February 2021 at 09:08.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 10:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Siblings spied on test run - Skoda Kushaq and VW Taigun:

Link
Finally more Taigun test mules on road.

By the look of it, The difference between Kushaq and Taigun is going to be as below:

Kushaq exclusive: 1.5L TSI MT, Ventilated seats, bit extra exterior styling compared to Taigun.
Taigun exclusive: Panaromic sunroof, funky interior styling.

Interesting. I liked the understated look of Taigun and not a fan of the interior styling. Hope it comes with all the connectivity features(Wireless carplay/android auto, wireless charger etc..). Wish they offer MT on the 1.5TSI for Taigun.
Old 11th February 2021, 11:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
Finally more Taigun test mules on road.

By the look of it, The difference between Kushaq and Taigun is going to be as below:

Kushaq exclusive: 1.5L TSI MT, Ventilated seats, bit extra exterior styling compared to Taigun.
Taigun exclusive: Panaromic sunroof, funky interior styling.

--
VW's Taigun is also likely to undercut Skoda's Kushaq in pricing
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 07:06   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Betting big on Taigun, Volkswagen plans pre-Diwali launch. Likely an August launch.

A make or break model for VW India, the Taigun will be competitively priced.

Quote:
2021 is the year of the Taigun. We are working on a mid-third quarter launch for the compact SUV, which is built on the MQB-AO platform. This is our make-or-break model
Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 10:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Betting big on Taigun, Volkswagen plans pre-Diwali launch. Likely an August launch.

A make or break model for VW India, the Taigun will be competitively priced.

Link
By the looks of it it would be mid-end October before we see the cars on the road. VW doesn't seem be be in any real hurry which is surprising given that they had a near production ready model almost a year ago.
SBM3J is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks