Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 11:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
The 330l bootspace is a joke on 4.2m car. That bootspace is ok in 4m category, but if you got to take on koreans, you should come all guns blazing. Lack of diesel option will also be a deal breaker for many. Many people diss Koreans, but the way they have done recent launches, and what VW/Skoda is planning to launch, seems that Koreans might have the last laugh.
If 330L bootspace is indeed true, then the only "customization" they have done for this IN platform is probably using inferior steel. I have delayed my car upgrade for so long because I cannot find a good enough car <20L.

Also, at 20L OTR, these guys are making a killing considering the T-Roc is 25 OTR inspite of being imported. I might as well save up and buy that.

All Im looking for is something like the creta/seltos that is safe and not compromised for the indian market.
lina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
By the looks of it it would be mid-end October before we see the cars on the road. VW doesn't seem be be in any real hurry which is surprising given that they had a near production ready model almost a year ago.
VW has learnt stuff the hard way. The early Vento's were known to be unreliable and lost a lot of customers. They know they can't mess up the reliability of their next car in any way and would want a niggle free car on the road rather than launch at the perfect time.

After the Kia fiasco, I would agree with their approach.
Turbohead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 22:36   #33
BHPian

Just happened to visit the VW showroom with a friend who wanted to check out the new Polo Turbo Comfortline. Sales people told they would start taking bookings for Taigun from July and sounded extremely positive that the car will start getting delivered from September. Let’s see.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st March 2021 at 20:11. Reason: Typos.
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re: India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named Taigun

Parents visited the showroom last Saturday to get a few things for the Vento. Fortunately, my mom seemed to have spotted 3 cars (all under white covers) of the shape of the Taigun. Might make the drive over there this week just to get the photos. Considering the fact that the dealership sells almost 10% of all VW's in India, it won't be shocking to see some pre-production units parked there.
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:15   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: India spec Volkswagen T-Cross to be unveiled at 2020 Auto Expo. EDIT: Named Taigun

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Parents visited the showroom last Saturday to get a few things for the Vento. Fortunately, my mom seemed to have spotted 3 cars (all under white covers) of the shape of the Taigun. Might make the drive over there this week just to get the photos. Considering the fact that the dealership sells almost 10% of all VW's in India, it won't be shocking to see some pre-production units parked there.

No, it will not be the Taigun, but the Tiguan ( 5 seater)
Old 9th March 2021, 15:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

2021 Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in final production form

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-smartselect_20210309153356_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-smartselect_20210309153406_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-smartselect_20210309153423_chrome.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-smartselect_20210309153432_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 13:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Here's the Volkswagen Taigun cruising on highway, video from Overdrive, apart from pictures posted in the previous post

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th March 2021 at 13:05.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 11:46   #38
BHPian

Now that the Kushaq event is done, any news on media event for Taigun? There were rumors about a media event in February or March. Any updates anyone is aware of?
Old 21st March 2021, 19:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen is slated to take the covers off the production-spec Taigun on March 24, 2021.

Volkswagen Taigun spied testing in India-20200204105435_vwtaigun1.jpg

Quote:
“It’s going to be the year of the Taigun, which is our big story for this year,” commented Gupta.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Volkswagen is slated to take the covers off the production-spec Taigun on March 24, 2021.

Attachment 2135398

Source
Interesting name ‘covers off’ what does this mean? Is there a media event planned?
SBM3J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:02   #41
BHPian

I think most probably there is a market sentiment that buyers want to decide between Kushaq and Taigun for the final call.

My hypothesis is - A big chunk of buyers going for Korean twins would not wait for VW/Skoda and already made their decisions based in sizing though I still call it immature one without seeing the car in person. But the remaining ones who desire a top notch product as expected of VW/Skoda or who are fence sitters between Koreans and Germans are also waiting for Taigun launch to decide between Kushaq and Taigun.

Initially, VW amd Skoda management would have assumed that Kushaq and Taigun should be launched apart to prevent cannibalization of each other but market sentiment might have proved otherwise. Hence, they might need to launch these cars together to get both products start selling or else none of them picks up till both are launched and buyers decide.
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:19   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

VW Taigun to be priced at the premium end of the mid-size SUV segment.

-Volkswagen is not looking to severely undercut the competition and will instead go with its tradition of premium positioning, even with the Taigun.

- Taigun to retain VW’s solid build and fun-to-drive characteristics

- To be a feature rich package

- Expected to be priced in the Rs 10-18 lakh (ex-showroom) range

Quote:
we are here for the volumes, but at the same time, we will not compromise on our DNA which includes safety and fun-to-drive characteristics. So, these are things which will be inbuilt into the car (Taigun), and if that calls for a little bit of premium, we are definitely willing to do that

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd March 2021 at 18:23.
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW Taigun to be priced at the premium end of the mid-size SUV segment.

- Expected to be priced in the Rs 10-18 lakh (ex-showroom) range

Link
At 18L we are talking about a premium over the diesel automatic version of the Creta. So VW is creating a niche product which will sell low double digits per month if this pricing is indeed true. There are not many additional features they can offer which are not there in Creta, also they already sold CBU import of T-ROC at less than 20L. They are asking close to that price for a product which is heavily localized and is going to use a lot of cheaper steel and plastic which doesn't need to withstand the lower temperature requirement of Europe. I for one believe they have a winner in their hands if they price this right at launch.
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:48   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
Interesting name ‘covers off’ what does this mean? Is there a media event planned?
Will mostly be a 'static premiere' like what Skoda did with the Kushaq. Only display, no drives!

Like I mentioned in the Kushaq thread - guess we can expect separate ceremonies for the announcement of bookings, media drives, price announcements etc.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
I think most probably there is a market sentiment that buyers want to decide between Kushaq and Taigun for the final call.

My hypothesis is - A big chunk of buyers going for Korean twins would not wait for VW/Skoda and already made their decisions based in sizing though I still call it immature one without seeing the car in person. But the remaining ones who desire a top notch product as expected of VW/Skoda or who are fence sitters between Koreans and Germans are also waiting for Taigun launch to decide between Kushaq and Taigun.

Initially, VW amd Skoda management would have assumed that Kushaq and Taigun should be launched apart to prevent cannibalization of each other but market sentiment might have proved otherwise. Hence, they might need to launch these cars together to get both products start selling or else none of them picks up till both are launched and buyers decide.
I think you are right. But I don't think Taigun has gone thru enough test miles as Kushaq (based on the number of times we have seen it on road). So I don't know how niggle free it would be at launch if they rush the launch at this time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks