Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 12:23   #91
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs

It's interesting to see that the brand new, more refined and technologically superior Bolero Neo's price starts at Rs. 8.48 lakhs, while that of the ancient Bolero's price starts at 8.74 lakhs!

I know that it's the introductory price, but it's almost too good to be true. For 26000 bucks lesser, you get a superior car with a more powerful engine.
I see no reason why folks wouldn't but this over the Bolero. It's not like they wouldn't be able to live without the leaf springs of the Bolero.

As per current prices-
  • Bolero Neo's base variant is Rs. 26000 cheaper than Bolero's base variant.
  • The price of mid-variants of both cars is exactly same.
  • Bolero Neo's top variant costs a mere Rs. 27000 more than Bolero's top variant.

It's time to celebrate for buyers who were about to buy the Bolero.

Last edited by Big Smoke : 14th July 2021 at 12:30.
Big Smoke is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 13:05   #92
KPR
BANNED

Re: Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs

I think Mahindra wants Babus, Police in government departments to buy Bolero Neo instead of Bolero. I wouldn't be surprised if old workhorse is stopped altogether by M&M in 2022. I think this Bolero Neo will get better rating in safety tests. I love this Bolero Neo for the value it offers at this price point of 11 to 12L on road.

Last edited by KPR : 14th July 2021 at 13:07.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:07   #93
BHPian

The Bolero was already a no nonsense, ruggedly handsome workhorse. The Bolero Neo takes it to the next level. The interiors in the pics aren't luxurious but they are far from the spartan interiors we associate with workhorses. If there was an auto and the final price was <11 Lakh Ex showroom, this should sell given how expensive the other sub 4M CSUVs have become. I would go for this !
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:31   #94
BHPian

Was seeing updates in both TBHP and outside on this new release. As the owner of one of the few factory finish Dual Tone TUV300 T10's, below are my observations:
1. Interiors are exactly the same, except for an armrest in the rear seat, which is available in the Bolero;
2. Rear is almost the same. The spare wheel cover was available in the last facelift released.
3. The front has been refreshed and given a polished look. However, personally speaking, it misses the menacing look which the earlier version had.

On the features aspect, cruise control is something which I terribly miss, and would love to have it retrofit to my car. Being a T10, all other features are there.

On the MLD, I haven't encountered any serious wheelspin issue till date. So not sure if I need it or not.

With that in mind, I would still buy this one in a heartbeat, as at the end of the day, it is a BOF RWD Mahindra... Enough to drive through anything...
LegalEagle is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:05   #95
BANNED

How many of you guys can think of a car under 12 lac which inculcates such a confidence in you that, just during a random conversation over a dinner results in a plan to visit Kaza and then reach Manali crossing the Kunzum pass? I mean, the car with which you:
  • Can bully that auto-wallah around
  • Big enough to bully, but still small enough to execute clean U turns
  • Weighs 1700 kilos, but still pulls cleanly right from 1250 rpm at typical city speeds, which budget diesel pulls under 1500 RPM at all?
  • Just look at poor surface and potholes, smile - and press the gas
  • You just think of visiting Ladakh, look at your driveway and think "let's leave right now"
  • A glass area, that is large enough for you to literally scan around everything on the road, and even the bonnet is visible edge-to-edge

See, this TUV or Bolero Neo is a vehicle, that you need to own it to understand it. Those who are doubting this vehicle, and even asking for Mahindra to Give XUV 3OO motor to this car. How many have actually been inside a TUV ever?

I too used to belong to the "it's useless" category of people, until I ended up driving the T10 that my cousin owns - and I came out impressed. It's an extremely versatile and only proper SUV that money can buy under 15 lac today.You get what you pay for. If you pay for a fancy interior and features, you get that, and if you pay for a rugged explorer - you get that. The ones who pay for TUV are the ones who simply kept the capability over features.

The 3 cyl 1.5 mHawk is an engine that one needs to drive to see what it's capable of. Tell me which other diesel motor with similar displacement and power figures can pull a 1700 kilo car with additional load of passengers and luggage uphill right from 1200-1300 rpm itself? In fact, which other 1500 cc diesel motor even comes alive before the 1500 rpm mark at least? It's a very well tuned motor and Mahindra very well knows what they have put under the hood of the TUV or Bolero Neo.

The fact is that, the MLD equipped Bolero Neo is the only sub 20 lac car that you can hop in and drive straight to Tawang, Ladakh, Sach Pass, without even a second thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
The thing is built like a bull, there have been no faults with mine at least, there are no rattles and it just pulls whether I have 1 person on board or 10

Its sound dampening has been done quite well too

Here you have a car that will withstand abuse, is reliable, but isn't "hot" on the highway.
very well put, these are the pros which one realize only after owning or driving for a really long route/duration. If one looks at it as an SUV, then they realize how good the product is and what a tremendous VFM it offers. But straight away getting into comparison with everything else available in market masks the pros of the real product which the people with no real life experience of the product simply overlook.

The TUV3OO that my cousin has is having the MLD too installed in it (free of cost from Mahindra of course). IT's already well past 40k kms old car now which has seen Leh, Kunzum and Sach pass too - not a single issue till date. Two bonus pics attached from Nelong valley (Only proper SUVs could reach there 3 years back when these pics were clicked):

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-tuv-3.jpeg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-tuv-1.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
They are still not offering a 4x4 variant on the Bolero Neo.
The issues with offering a 4x4 are:
  • Added weight
  • Reduction in performance
  • Added cost of both R&D and production

And Bolero Neo is still in a price sensitive segment. Hence, the MLD is a simple win win situation that makes the TUV/Bolero Neo quite capable, in fact quite close to the 4x4s' with open diffs, while still adding hardly 30-40k in the cost, with negligible addition in kerb eight of the car. With the MLD, the TUV gracefully crosses minor slush, gravel filled inclines, water crossings, and snow as well as ice (if driven carefully), and that is enough for it to reach any place where the roads are or even a dirt track is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
On the MLD, I haven't encountered any serious wheelspin issue till date. So not sure if I need it or not.

With that in mind, I would still buy this one in a heartbeat, as at the end of the day, it is a BOF RWD Mahindra... Enough to drive through anything...
Wheelspin happens only on the places like inclined tight turns, slush etc. It doesn't happen in normal city or highway or even hilly drives at all.

Rest I also have same opinion, if I have a budget of 15 lac and I need an SUV which I can drive daily to buy groceries, use for shifting medium sized stuff, and then go to Leh - it is the Bolero Neo without any second thoughts. It is a tail happy UV only till it's unloaded. Fit in 5 passengers and their luggage, and this is good to go.
VKumar is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:15   #96
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Bolero Neo N10 variant detailed walkaround

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714190801_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714190819_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714190846_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714190923_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714190933_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714191018_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714191042_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714191119_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714191159_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714191220_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714191247_youtube.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-screenshot_20210714191256_youtube.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 20:56   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
What is this steel wrapped thing? Anyone knows?
Old 14th July 2021, 21:03   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
It's a heat shield for the turbo and the catalytic converter system
vishy76 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 21:07   #99
BHPian

Does anyone notice that it does not have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto mentioned anywhere in the N10 variant brochure? Please correct me if I am wrong.
karthick_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 21:10   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
Probably Turbo charger heat shield.
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 21:11   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
It's a heat shield for the turbo and the catalytic converter system
Thank you. Is it very common to have heat shields for Turbo at this position in the engine bay? I don't remember seeing this set so high in other Mahindra vehicles. I can be wrong though.
Old 14th July 2021, 22:48   #102
BHPian

Looks like such a great car. Wish Mahindra had better design ideas however, could've definitely given it cuter / more interesting headlights.
karanddd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 22:55   #103
BHPian

Looks good and at a good price point (10 to 12 lakhs). One that would be of interest for me is the Neo+ which would probably come with a larger engine (2.0 Ltr diesel) with a lower tune.

I wish M and M plonks an AT (Not AMT) and it would become a very good proposition for people looking for rugged vehicle with decent safety features

I just love the old Bolero for its utility, going by picture I believe Neo could be smaller in dimension, but more safer
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 23:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

I am an owner of TUV3OO T8 purchased in December 2015. I am sure Mahindra has fixed all those niggles faced by early adapters of TUV3OO like us. Mahindra after sales service is improving. Even they had installed MLD (Mechanical Locking Differential) in my vehicle free of cost under warranty one and half years after purchase. They now in fact made the wheel spin disadvantage of rear wheel drive vehicle as a marketing point with MTT (Multi-Terrain Technology).

Received a call from Sireesh Auto about the launch and here is the on-road price in Bengaluru. Noticed that they have jumped from N4 to N8, why no N6? They could have simply started at N6
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 facelift spied sans camouflage. EDIT: Launched as Bolero Neo at Rs. 8.48 lakhs-bn.png  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 23:45   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I am an owner of TUV3OO T8 purchased in December 2015.
Received a call from Sireesh Auto about the launch and here is the on-road price in Bengaluru. Noticed that they have jumped from N4 to N8, why no N6? They could have simply started at N6
And what was the OTR prices at the time of your purchase 6 years ago?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks