Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2021, 07:56   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLiveMANA View Post
With an average of over 12k creta's shipped monthly and a minimum waiting period of 4-6 months, I wonder if there's really a backlog of 60-70k orders that they are unable to clear or is it just a marketing gimmick.

Can't stop wondering why other manufacturers are so reluctant to enter this segment to compete with the Koreans.
Partially, since post COVID, dealers refuse to accept too much stock and Hyundai has limited bargaining power since cash is tight for a new dealer principal to set up.

Best alternative is to produce to order. No doubt dealer order popular variants and colour to stock but everyone runs a tight ship now.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 18:25   #47
BHPian

1. It is amazing to see the top 5 selling cars in India are of Maruti - Alto, Swift, Wagon R, Dzire & Baleno. Such a brilliant achievement and with a 45% market share, they seem to be way ahead. It is also noteworthy that Maruthi doesn't even have a presence in some of the premium segments, and their target market (still) seems more like people who are looking to purchase their first car or the entry/premium level hatchbacks which is attracting the most of its customers.

2. Creta is still the leader! Even after giving such polarizing looks to the existing car (I really like it though) and getting such tough competitions from the likes of Seltos, Harrier, and many others Hyundai still has pulled off the strategy to cement the 2nd spot.

3. Nissan seems to be back on track with their latest offering - Magnite. I hope they would continue this trend and would genuinely support the market with their after-sales and service support which was one of the solid reasons for their yesteryears' downfall.

4. One car, which I believe is still underrated in terms of numbers and could have picked up more sales is Polo. I believe that is still seen as a driving enthusiast's car and not as a family car. VW should rethink their strategy around it as it used to have one of the most beautiful DSG gearbox paired with a fantastic 1.2 lt engine, I believe everyone should be given a chance to experience its ease and thereby making it more familiar to everyone. One reason it may have failed would be the lack of features it offered, in comparison to the similar cars of its segment

5. Innova! Still no competition - And nothing would match it ever in terms of its comfort offered. I was talking to a friend of mine whose dad is a politician. He was saying that his dad always travels in Innova for all his long inter-state transits and hasn't ever felt any post-travel discomforts.
Old 10th February 2021, 23:34   #48
BHPian

If after sales service is still the reason why Maruti cars sells in such high number, it should then be understood that competition has not been able to provide hassle free ownership. If other cars were more reliable, possibly the ASS network will become insignificant.

But every manufacturer is trying to maximize ASS earnings including Maruti.
Old 11th February 2021, 10:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

According to the data released by the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA), vehicle registrations decreased by 9.66% in January 2021. Overall sales stood at 15,92,636 units, compared to 17,63,011 units in January 2020.

The automobile segment witnessed YoY de-growth in all segments except tractors. Shortage of semiconductors, recent price hikes and lack of festivals or auspicious days in the month of January were some of the reasons for the low numbers.

The tractor segment continued to grow for the 7th straight month.

2-wheeler sales fell by 8.78% to 11,63,322 units compared to the same month previous year.

3-wheeler sales were down by 51.31%. 31,059 units were sold compared to 63,785 units in January 2020.

Passenger vehicle sales fell by 4.46%. 2,81,666 units were sold compared to 2,94,817 units in January 2020.

The CV segment saw a YoY de-growth of 24.99%. Only the construction equipment vehicle sales and others grew by 21.88% YoY. However, there was a slight improvement in CV sales compared to last month (8.5% growth). Total numbers fell from 74,439 units in January 2020 to 55,835 units in January 2021.

Tractor sales increased by 11.14% to 60,754 units.

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-01fada.png

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-02fada.png

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-03fada.png

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-04fada.png

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-05fada.png

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-06fada.png

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-07fada.png
blackwasp is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 11:03   #50

Skoda and Volkswagen have 3 entries together! However, combined registrations of around ~2900 are closer to the combined dispatches of the group at around ~3000.
Old 11th February 2021, 12:39   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- With about 3 lakhs wholesale the retails are close with about 2.6 lakh numbers. Which indicates, that the cars are being manufactured to cater to an existing prevalent demand.
Infact, this is just the 3rd time Indian Car Sales have breached the 3L mark, first time being Sep 2017 when the total sales was 304971.

Quote:
- Nissan too posts an all highest monthly sales in 34 months
Actually, the last time Nissan sold more than the current month numbers was way back in June 2014 when they sold 3265 units, lead by Terrano. Infact, the total dispatches for Nissan in the entire 2020 was just 2377, which was lesser than what Magnite sold this month alone.

Quote:
-For Tata Nexon posts its lifetime highest sales figures.
Nexon has indeed almost doubled the average monthly sales in the previous years.

Quote:
-Hyundai has its best figures and registered a YoY growth of ~ 25% & a market share of 16%
Hyundai's best month in total dispatches was last Oct 2020, when they dispatched a total of 56605 cars. However, their best month in terms of market share was Aug 2020 with 19.63%; in their best month Oct 2020, it was just 16.96% and this month it is 17.14%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subramaniamj View Post
1. It is amazing to see the top 5 selling cars in India are of Maruti - Alto, Swift, Wagon R, Dzire & Baleno. Such a brilliant achievement and with a 45% market share, they seem to be way ahead.
Ignoring the covid affected months of May and June 2020, this is the least market share for Maruti since Oct 2016 when their market share dropped to 44.62%. So, actually they must be really worried on seeing the recent trends.

Quote:
5. Innova! Still no competition - And nothing would match it ever in terms of its comfort offered. I was talking to a friend of mine whose dad is a politician. He was saying that his dad always travels in Innova for all his long inter-state transits and hasn't ever felt any post-travel discomforts.
Sure, Innova is still a leader, however, since the launch of MG Hector and XL6, the average monthly volume has fallen down to 3K and thereabouts from a high of 5.5K-6K per month.
Old 16th February 2021, 09:27   #52
BHPian

Its heartening to see the Thar figures ever growing. The 1st generation Thar never managed to garner such figures. It shows the work Mahindra has put into the new Thar. Kudos to them for understanding the customer needs in that category and delivering such a wonderful car. I wish they had done this with their other cars too.

Cheers to the TATA's wonderful sales figures. Only wished they overhauled their dealerships and it can prove to be a game changer for TATA's for sure. The attitude and approach towards the customers need to be changed by the dealerships. You enter the dealership and it feels like they are least interested in selling their cars. I am one of the many prospective customers they lost due to lethargic attitude of the dealer. With cars like Harrier, Nexon, Altroz, Tiago in their portfolio coupled with a dynamic dealership, the figures will only improve further.
Old 20th February 2021, 15:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

I recalled an old post where car manufacturers market share was denoted by a lioness and a pack of hyenas feasting on a kill. Since it is a fight, I thought why not go the WWE way.
(If this post is offensive I request the Mods to delete it. If it is not the right thread, kindly move it to the right one. Thank you)

Yes, this is what sedans are facing. Will it overcome all ? Only time will tell. Right now it is facing heavy heat !
January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-sedan-death.png

How the rest felt when newbie KIA entered the market. This is the markets share below MSIL & Hyundai where the other players have to settle for scraps. Hyundai literally send this down there to capture more market share !
January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-new-entrant-kia.png

Failed Tag teams. They hoped for all glory. Some made it for a while, but none have the mainstream success.
January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-tag-teams.png

This is akin to the Royal Rumble. No one knows who is fighting whom Way too many folks. Way little space. And this is only going to get crowded more.
January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-compacts-suv-fight.png

This resurection of the All fan favorite Undertaker can be compared to Tata. They have literlly clawed their way back to the top. Coming months can also be show a similar story for Nissan/Renault with their Magnite/Kiger.
January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-tata-resurrection.jpg
TrackDay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 12:12   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Exports for January:

- Top 5 includes some cars that are either flops or extinct in the market today
- Suzuki Jimny enters the export list

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-1.jpg

Link
Old 21st February 2021, 12:16   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Exports for January

January 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-0d0fcbe674b94b1a90a5ea605c141261.jpeg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks