Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2007, 15:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallkat View Post
As of today I am a proud owner of a Verna CRDi VGT SX (Car number 4 for Delhi). The on road cost for the car was INR 846,000 inclusive of a INR 9000 3 year extended warranty and a cash discount of INR 7000 on purchase. The prices are based on a Haryana registration.

The features of the vehicle match those of the Verna Petrol XXI. So the diesel has a Fully automatic climate control , electrically adjustable ORVM's , adjustable drivers seat, wooden garnish and beige interiors.So effectively it is a diesel with everything you need.

As always the car is a rocket and is an absolute pleasure to drive.

Regards
Congratulations Buddy. What colour did u get? Any special observations? How about alloys?
Old 1st May 2007, 17:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
.... How about alloys?
The Diesel Verna VGT SX does not come with alloys as it does in Petrol XXi
Old 7th May 2007, 11:21   #33

The color I got was noble blue. The SX does not have alloys, guess trying to keep the costs below the proposed new elantra launch. As far as I am concerned the car is an absolute delight to drive. Since almost 90% of my drive is a highway drive, I chose the Verna over the Fiesta and I am really happy to see that I did not make any mistakes there. While it lacks the solid feel of the fiesta , it is in no way a pushover. Where I feel the verna could have been better though is the handling around the corners, a heavier steering could have helped , it is too damn light and somehow I have never been able to get any kind of feedback from the steering. Its either me going wrong driving it , or maybe a basic issue with the design itself. Well the light steering does help while parking in tight spots. 1 finger is all it takes to turn .

From what I hear from other posts on this website, changing the tyres to a 205/R16 seems to have sorted this out, will check that out sometime later .

Overall, I am absolutely thrilled. It is far more comfortable than the Fiesta and really really rides well.
Old 7th May 2007, 13:32   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallkat View Post
The color I got was noble blue. The SX does not have alloys, guess trying to keep the costs below the proposed new elantra launch. As far as I am concerned the car is an absolute delight to drive. Since almost 90% of my drive is a highway drive, I chose the Verna over the Fiesta and I am really happy to see that I did not make any mistakes there. While it lacks the solid feel of the fiesta , it is in no way a pushover. Where I feel the verna could have been better though is the handling around the corners, a heavier steering could have helped , it is too damn light and somehow I have never been able to get any kind of feedback from the steering. Its either me going wrong driving it , or maybe a basic issue with the design itself. Well the light steering does help while parking in tight spots. 1 finger is all it takes to turn .

From what I hear from other posts on this website, changing the tyres to a 205/R16 seems to have sorted this out, will check that out sometime later .

Overall, I am absolutely thrilled. It is far more comfortable than the Fiesta and really really rides well.
having driven verna crdi(base)i agree with you for the light steering.The other thing i did not like much about the car are the brakes they are a touch too oversensitive and tend to skid too much even on smooth tarmac on speeds so i think ABS is a necessity in verna.The suspension though very comfortable takes the edge out of cornering and the steering is light but is direct unlike accent.(the car got stolen last month)
Old 10th May 2007, 19:12   #35
BHPian

I am about to finalise on verna sx but had a look at price of elentra. Difference between Verna sx and elantra is hardly anything. Is it worth buying SX? Or should i stay away from soon to be discontinued model Elantra?
Old 10th May 2007, 19:37   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
having driven verna crdi(base)i agree with you for the light steering.The other thing i did not like much about the car are the brakes they are a touch too oversensitive and tend to skid too much even on smooth tarmac on speeds
I have a CRDi base model.
I noticed this skidding too and automatically came to the conclusion that the car was too heavy to stop. But as soon as I changed the tyres to Yokohama, from the MRF stock styres, the skidding all but stopped.
Old 10th May 2007, 19:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I have a CRDi base model.
I noticed this skidding too and automatically came to the conclusion that the car was too heavy to stop. But as soon as I changed the tyres to Yokohama, from the MRF stock styres, the skidding all but stopped.
I smashed my friends brand new verna. I braked so hard but it refuse to stop and just ramped into divider. How much extra did u pay for tyre upgrade?
Old 10th May 2007, 20:14   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread should help you.
Old 10th May 2007, 21:25   #39
BHPian

Congrats. Whats your opinion now that you've used it for a few months. A friend told me that it gives about 30 kmpl! If ound it hard to believe and perhaps you can shed some light.
Old 11th May 2007, 10:57   #40
BHPian

Its impossible to get 30Kmpl. 20 kmpl would probably be a close figure(on the highway).
I would appreciate if anyone could tell me the on-road price of the SX CRDi in Bangalore?

I am planning on buying a Verna. I took a test drive and the sales person keeps calling me up and asking me when I will finalize. Have been putting him off by saying haven't decided between fiesta and verna and that verna is priced a little bit on the higher side and if he could offer me a good discount, I would opt for it.

BTW, the sales guy doesnt know about my problem with Metro Ford. Thought I would try and see if I could get some discounts by telling him I was deciding between Verna and fiesta.
Old 11th May 2007, 15:09   #41

the cost of SX in bangalore on road is 9.47L (with abs)!! yessir. damn costly. but i just booked one. will take 2-3 weeks to deliver cuz of hyundai shifting to new plant or something.
Old 11th May 2007, 20:04   #42
BHPian

man, thats pretty expensive. 9.47 lakhs!!! well I think even the fiesta TDCi SXi is close to that figure. Maybe in another few months hyundai might start dishing out nice discounts ( most probably will after the launch of Aveo 1.3 multijet and other diesels). I am in no hurry and so can wait for a while.
Any idea when the Punto(estimated) launch is?
Old 11th May 2007, 20:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea when the Punto(estimated) launch is?
Mid 2008...............
Old 17th May 2007, 15:46   #44
BHPian

can anyone tell me who is the inbuilt music system in SX....?
Old 21st May 2007, 13:17   #45

An average of 30 on a Verna , am very sure would be next to impossible unless it is in some test conditions. I have got about 15.5 as an average, first service is due next week.

The guys who have the 205 60 R16 tyres on their Verna's how does it perform ? With that width does it comfortably fit in the well ?

Regards

Most Viewed