Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2021, 03:00   #76
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen launches Turbo edition of Polo & Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
As per VW, the insurance quote is 43k approx. I have spoken to my contact in hdfc ergo who can provide bumper to bumper at 25k max for an idv of 6.99 lacs. I will just have to wait for a proforma invoice from the dealer to proceed with official insurance quote.
I don't understand how premiums can vary so much even if buying from the dealership. My dealer charged me only 32k for the insurance, bumper to bumper with engine protection for Polo Highline Plus AT. Ex Showroom billed at 8,91,000, insured value would be at 95%.

Last edited by RoadMonkey : 20th February 2021 at 03:03.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 09:54   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I don't understand how premiums can vary so much even if buying from the dealership. My dealer charged me only 32k for the insurance, bumper to bumper with engine protection for Polo Highline Plus AT. Ex Showroom billed at 8,91,000, insured value would be at 95%.
Dealers have enormous commissions coming in from selling insurance, hence the jacked up prices; and different dealers may have different commission structures, resulting in variations in cost of dealer sourced insurance.

I bought my GT TSI in Dec 2020, and dealer quoted around 35k for insurance. During negotiations, he was ready to bring this down to a comparable policy quote I can fetch online. I did a quick look up on PolicyBazaar then and there and found a quote of around 18k inclusive of zero dep cover and 3 year third party protection at 90% IDV. At that price, I suspect that the dealer was not left with any margin for himself, and asked me to get insurance independently, which I of course did!

By the way, I have noticed that PSU insurers quote far, far less compared to private insurers for an exactly like to like policy and IDV. I guess it's because private insurers lead the way in offering cashless facilities with authorised dealer workshops.
ostreichwein is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 10:21   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

VW, please plonk an Auto for another 75K and launch a Comfortline TSI Auto at 7.75 - That will be a master stroke to make real inroads into the premium hatch segment.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 13:41   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Dealers see this as an opportunity to sweeten their margins and the premium they quote nowadays is way off the radar. I believe this is also being discussed in several other threads and one such recent example is MG denying booking if insurance is not taken from the dealer. I have attached the price list I had from a local dealer. They didn’t have an updated list with TSI comfortline as it was just launched but this list gave us a fair idea about how would CL TSI slot in with insurance and registration. I didn’t go ahead with this dealer though
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen launches Turbo edition of Polo & Vento-c60b0786591b428d8dc227e0df1d1df5.jpeg  

Last edited by mudhasir : 20th February 2021 at 13:44.
mudhasir is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 20:06   #80
Senior - BHPian

Here is the Polo price I got from the dealer today (Kannur-Kerala). They do not have TSi comortline variant yet. White one is expected in few days but I want Flash red only.

Ex-showroom 7.17 Lakhs (not 6.99 as advertised)
They are ok if I want to take insurance from outside
Corporate discount - 5k
No other discounts

OTR price comes to ~ 8.15 Lakhs
If they adjust ex-showroom price 6.99 OTR will come down ~ 7.95 Lakhs

Dealer quoted ~ 3 months waiting period if I book flash red

Last edited by Latheesh : 20th February 2021 at 20:36.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 21:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Dealer quoted 7.17 L ex-showroom price for turbo edition
I tried to book online by selecting the same dealer and VW website shows 6.99L ex-showroom
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen launches Turbo edition of Polo & Vento-screenshot_20210220210059716_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 22:20   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Price in Chennai-
Ex showroom - 7,26,000
VW special discount- 27,000 (brings ex showroom to 6.99 lacs as advertised)
Further discounts - 35,000 (loyalty bonus, corporate discount etc.)
Can you let us know which dealer u booked with in Chennai ? Sent you a PM regarding this.

And did they charge extra 7k for the turbo kit ?

Planning to book the same.
Old 20th February 2021, 22:43   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
Can you let us know which dealer u booked with in Chennai ? Sent you a PM regarding this.

And did they charge extra 7k for the turbo kit ?

Planning to book the same.
It was with TVS Sundaram Motors Chennai. There were no additional charges for turbo kit. I have sent you details of contact person and other requested details
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Dealer quoted 7.17 L ex-showroom price for turbo edition
I tried to book online by selecting the same dealer and VW website shows 6.99L ex-showroom
Dealer just called me to confirm that price list they received has ex-showroom price 7.17 Lakhs and not 6.99 Lakhs as advertised.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:45   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer just called me to confirm that price list they received has ex-showroom price 7.17 Lakhs and not 6.99 Lakhs as advertised.
Happened to me too, the website listed ex showroom 9,12,000 for HL+ AT but I got quoted 9,19,000 everywhere I went. Seems like the disconnect is something one has to accept with VW. They really need to up their website game.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:36   #86
BHPian

Quote:
6.99 Lakhs is more like an introductory offer. There’s a component by name “Volkswagen Special Discount” to bring back the ex-showroom price to 6.99 Lakhs. Reposting the quote I received in Chennai below

Price in Chennai-
Ex showroom - 7,26,000
Old 23rd February 2021, 18:00   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
6.99 Lakhs is more like an introductory offer. There’s a component by name “Volkswagen Special Discount” to bring back the ex-showroom price to 6.99 Lakhs. Reposting the quote I received in Chennai below

Price in Chennai-
Ex showroom - 7,26,000
No idea about VW special discount. Even after enquiring few times they are sticking to the ex-showroom price 7.17!
Old 23rd February 2021, 21:23   #88
BANNED

Quote:
No idea about VW special discount. Even after enquiring few times they are sticking to the ex-showroom price 7.17!
Latheesh, if you love the build quality, dynamics, feel, engine, go for it, 20K over a 5 year span of ownership (₹ 333.33/month) would not be something that you'd consider, especially when considering a VW, had it been a Maruti, still would have pondered. When you consider a Polo, it's about hell with space and hell with bills, I want it and I'll love every moment that I drive it.

I had booked a Turbo but changed it to Highline Plus, a VW deserves it, not a Maruti.

All the best !!

Last edited by Torquedo : 23rd February 2021 at 21:24.
Torquedo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 09:51   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe you should try with a different dealer because here in Bangalore too, the ex-showroom price comes down to ₹6.99 lakhs as advertised (after the VW discount of ₹27000, ₹7,26,000 being the ex-showroom price).
TaurusSHO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 10:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:
If you are checking in Kerala, there is additional 1% flood cess applicable on top of the ex-showroom price. Possibly the ex-showroom price itself is more in Kerala compared to other places.

Most Viewed