Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 17:20   #121
BHPian

Re: Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India

There are rumblings that by December 2022 Oil will be at 100 USD a barrel. I guess we should be buying petrol per litre at 200 then ? If these stupid policies between Centre and State are continued.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 09:48   #122
Senior - BHPian

The Amul creatives from yester-years continues to be relevant even in 2021
Attached Thumbnails
Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-amul1.jpg  

Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-amul2.jpg  

Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-amul3.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 10:26   #123
BHPian

I don't think fuel prices will be coming down much in the near future. I was seeing a report on Print, which mentioned that the reason BJP is wining is not the Hindutva rhetoric but the last mile delivery of welfare schemes like Ujwala yojna, Awas yojna, manrega etc. Now with the new Nal se Jal scheme they are targeting 2024 elections strongly.
All this requires a lot of money and our tax base is too small. Fuel and alcohol will be taxed very high
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 11:47   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

So there are reports stating that there is an expectation that the GOI will reduce fuel prices by upto 5 rs.

https://www.financialexpress.com/mar...-bofa/2201306/

I also expect this to happen because of multiple states going to polls right now and conciliatory notes from both the petroleum minister as well as the finance ministry.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:13   #125
anb
BHPian

"Excise on petrol, diesel hiked Rs 10, Rs 13 per litre; no impact on consumer ".

This was the headline of the news papers on May 6, 2020. The govt hiked the excise duty by a massive Rs.10/litre for petrol & Rs.13/litre for diesel in a single day to take advantage of low crude oil prices. Medias told that there will be no end effect on consumer. Is it so ? Today, as the crude oil prices increasing, we can feel every effect of this massive excise duty hike. Medias and fans are silent about this hike now and busy finding other reasons to hide this primary factor.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/75563755.cms

Last edited by anb : 26th February 2021 at 13:30.
anb is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:44   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
So there are reports stating that there is an expectation that the GOI will reduce fuel prices by upto 5 rs.

https://www.financialexpress.com/mar...-bofa/2201306/

I also expect this to happen because of multiple states going to polls right now and conciliatory notes from both the petroleum minister as well as the finance ministry.
Age old politics.
Increase fuel by 15rs and then decrease it by few to show how much government cares for the people. The cycle will keep itself repeating so I have given up thinking about this. Though for me whose driving is 2500km a month these increases do pinch the wallet.
harry10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 15:25   #127
BHPian

I was just too lazy to create a new thread for memes on fuel prices so posting this here.

P.S Can't believe that I didn't see this till now even though it's been out for a week.
JithinR is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 16:11   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I was just too lazy to create a new thread for memes on fuel prices so posting this here.

P.S Can't believe that I didn't see this till now even though it's been out for a week.
Apparently, the petrol bunk owner was threatened with license cancellation and Mr Rangeela himself was threatened with a lawsuit.
mvadg is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 16:23   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Apparently, the petrol bunk owner was threatened with license cancellation and Mr Rangeela himself was threatened with a lawsuit.
https://Youtu.be/Ty_L7WkpBtQ
What he did was not correct. He made a satire on PM of our country in the guise of shooting a video on increasing fuel prices.
He should apologise and take down the video as his action has threatened the livelihood of petrol Pump owner and his employees.

Last edited by FrozeninTime : 28th February 2021 at 16:25.
FrozeninTime is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 17:01   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
What he did was not correct. He made a satire on PM of our country in the guise of shooting a video on increasing fuel prices.
He should apologise and take down the video as his action has threatened the livelihood of petrol Pump owner and his employees.
Sorry, I don't see any issue here. "Satire" is allowed as part of our fundamental rights and this freedom is guaranteed by our constitution. Instead, we should be asking about and prosecuting anyone threatening the petrol bunk owner for no good reason.

Mods:Kindly delete if this is becoming too political.
mvadg is offline   (94) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 19:10   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Haha! People like you don't understand the concept of freedom of speech. For you any one can say ridiculous things as long as the person supports your point of view. Now in this case someone uses satire but is against your preferred leader, suddenly you are all about how this is not right, etc.

Dear sir, Understand the rights as Indian citizens and whether you agree with him or not, you cant take away his right to freedom of speech. If he says something that incites trouble, than yes, police can take action. But satire is not inciting. Neither did he threaten anyone in the video. He made fun of Modi, which in my opinion is deserving as current PM's point of view of petrol price rise was very different few years ago and is now very different when it comes to himself.
click is offline   (96) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 20:03   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I see nothing wrong in this video.
If every expression of freedom is curbed. then we are living in undeclared emergency.
navrddy is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 20:41   #133
Senior - BHPian

There is no disrespect towards our country or PM. He never gave advantage to the opposition or anything on those lines. This is purely humour and satirical. No need for anyone to see any offensiveness in it. Our PM also describes several things in humourous way, including references to opposition party, dont we see the lighter part of it then?
funkykar is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 11:27   #134
BHPian

Quote:
... his action has threatened the livelihood of petrol Pump owner and his employees.
I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but, if you were not then, it is appalling that we are at a point now where apparently pointing out the truth will invite threats and punishments. And instead of castigating the keyboard warriors and cowards that threaten physical harm, the state goes after the citizens that point out facts.

Found this video a couple of years back. I would like to share it here as it just encapsulates my feeling entirely

Last edited by Fernang : 1st March 2021 at 11:33.
Fernang is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 11:40   #135
BHPian

Quote:
- He did shoot a video on increasing fuel prices, like he said he would.

- He did do a comedic, satirical impression of Narendra Modi, as is his right under the constitution.

- He has absolutely nothing to apologise for.

- In no way has HE threatened the livelihood of anybody in that pump owner's employ. The threat of licence revocation for something that's protected under the constitution is a crime and should infact be investigated.
Singh101 is offline   (36) Thanks

Most Viewed