Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:26   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
"Not correct" is your expression of democracy and you're welcome to it, the satire is his expression of democracy, i.e free speech/right of opinion and he's welcome to it as well....
...and you mean to tell me that seemingly harmless satire video with no vulgar or abusive content is the crime of the decade!?
You are the one who is at fault here for thinking that things are supposed to make any sense. When a comedian can get arrested for a joke he didn't make, why can't a satirist be prosecuted for something he actually did?

I don't know why everyone is up in arms about a fuel price increase. Just use some of your 15 lakhs to pay for it.
v1p3r is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 13:11   #152
BHPian

Crude oil is projected to rise through 2021, Currently 63-65$/barrel might hit 77$ by May,
That is roughly 20% increase from now. Which would mean petrol might hit 120 (assuming the same INR X USD).

The site also forecasts it to go well beyond 90$/barrel in the year.
Source -
oil-price-today-forecast-2017-2018-2019-2020-2021-brent-wti

The other factor affecting petrol prices is the INR X USD rate. It has been going down and is expected to touch 70(currently 73) and then take off again towards 75.
https://www.fxleaders.com/forecasts/...rice-forecast/

I think unless the Government slashes the taxes on fuel, the second half is going to be very bad based on the above projections.

About the comedian courting trouble, it is just painful to see. Anyone asking questions (with a little bit of reach and influence) is being targeted. This also sends a, not so great, signal to foreign investors.

A secure leader/leadership would just plain ignore such trivial things and focus on the humungous problems at hand.

- Slick
Slick is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 17:23   #153
BANNED

There are only two things not under GST - fuel and ethanol. So states feel free to impose VAT as they like. I also hear that a lot of Excise goes to repay/redeem the Oil Bonds. Now that is done, so let us hope!

It is true in the Covid era money has to come from somewhere. These are the easiest 'Sin Goods'to tax.
sgiitk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 22:11   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
What he did was not correct.
He should apologise and take down the video as his action has threatened the livelihood of petrol Pump owner and his employees.
Brother no offence, i own 2 fuel stations in NCR Delhi and what he did is not threatining anyones livelihood or employees in anyway unless the law of the land has changed in the last few weeks

Its called a democracy last time i checked, and i am pretty sure its still that only! The point in contention is the same people who used to crib and cry from the top of their lungs at the minutest increase in fuel/gas prices 10 years back when the crude rate was higher then it is now, are defending the exponential price rise at below par levels of crude pricing and giving logical economic reasoning for the same which would probably send leading economists of the world into a laughter frenzy

There is just one word and its called "HYPOCRISY"

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:24   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Brother no offence, i own 2 fuel stations in NCR Delhi and
into a laughter frenzy

There is just one word and its called "HYPOCRISY"

Cheers
Why don't you reduce your dealer's commission on fuel for sake of public good even if it's a token reduction of only one paisa?

One must understand governments and courts are not taking mocking of public institution lightly. So one must be careful what we post online. It is in the context of following court observations I wrote my post:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.econo...w/77855117.cms

Peace.
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:41   #156
BHPian

Quote:
One must understand governments and courts are not taking mocking of public institution lightly. So one must be careful what we post online.
I think this would be appropriate here:
Attached Thumbnails
Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-images-20210303t003643.983.jpeg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 01:29   #157
anb
BHPian

Quote:
One must understand governments and courts are not taking mocking of public institution lightly. So one must be careful what we post online. It is in the context of following court observations I wrote my post:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.econo...w/77855117.cms

Peace.
The link you posted is about critisism of court judgement. Why are you adding an additional word "government" into it and misinterpreting the whole thing ?

Last edited by anb : 3rd March 2021 at 01:31.
anb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 02:27   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
The link you posted is about critisism of court judgement. Why are you adding an additional word "government" into it and misinterpreting the whole thing ?

Where did I misinterpret? I have given a single example which was relevant to my post. You can google yourself if you want examples of government attitude since 2010.
BTW are we discussing politics or fuel hike issue?
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:03   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Why don't you reduce your dealer's commission on fuel for sake of public good even if it's a token reduction of only one paisa?
That's a great advice for utopians. Basically what you are saying here is, all businesses should act as public servants as government has already started running a 'business'. Look how the roles have changed in India. 'Why don't you' has been the mantra for GOI, when ever asked anything about 'doing their part'.

Last edited by pavi : 3rd March 2021 at 08:06.
pavi is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 09:39   #160
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
By the same standards, why dont you pay a couple of more lacs than what is due as IT to fill the poor government coffers

He criticised the govt which is every citizen's right in a democrazy. But the question is did he mention something wrong in it?
m8002? is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:17   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Basically what you are saying here is, all businesses should act as public servants as government has already started running a 'business'. Look how the roles have changed in India. 'Why don't you' has been the mantra for GOI, when ever asked anything about 'doing their part'.
In healthcare industry government fixes prices of drugs, diagonostic test, treatment but no one bats an eye lid as it suits us.

If prices can be reduced in private healthcare why shouldn't dealer commission be reduced or fixed?
Why shouldn't dealer's do their part?
They are also covered under CSR policy of GOI

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
He criticised the govt which is every citizen's right in a democrazy. But the question is did he mention something wrong in it?
We can go on and on. Let us agree to disagree and move to topic on hand.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd March 2021 at 10:45. Reason: battles > bats.
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:00   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
.... I also hear that a lot of Excise goes to repay/redeem the Oil Bonds. Now that is done, so let us hope!
I saw this statement on the fuel price thread as well and a debunk as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
To add to the above debunk statement, please check the graph below that shows the ratio of fuel earnings and the outgoing oil bond payments.

Just to give you context, the NDA government earned enough excise duty to repay the complete bond value (roughly 1.3L Cr) in each year since 2015-2016. So as far as I see the current fuel prices have very little contribution from the bonds.

Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-excise-collection-vs-repayment-oilbonds.png

Courtesy - https://factly.in/fact-check-how-muc...era-oil-bonds/

- Slick
Slick is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 13:46   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Dear sir, neither am i a public servant nor a politician, ngo operator or work in the area of public upliftment! I am a simple small businessman trying to make a living. However you have made a good suggestion and i will be happy to forgo the entire comission, if a similar step is taken by the state govt as well as the centre govt and the tax component from fuel is completely removed,thats where actual public good will take place, good samritans like yourself then can help us by paying all the costs of operation and for your knowledge i will once again share what the breakup of 1 litre of fuel looked like 15 days back, most people will see it and call a spade a spade
Attached Thumbnails
Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-b00e332b325c430a8a480d0327ee221c.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 00:23   #164
BHPian

Can anyone guess the reason behind this sudden move.
Attached Thumbnails
Regular petrol hits a century for the first-ever time in India-screenshot_2021030400212503.jpg  

JithinR is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 07:32   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Can anyone guess the reason behind this sudden move.
This is routine during elections. Governments cannot use official spaces for what can be seen as party activities.

Quote:
A delegation of the West Bengal ruling party met the EC on Wednesday and termed the use of PM's photo as a "blatant misuse of official machinery" and violation of the model code of conduct that is in force in the state.
Quote:
"We sought the intervention of the poll panel to remove hoardings advertising central government schemes with images of Modi at petrol pumps," state minister Firhad Hakim said after meeting the EC officials.
Source: TOI

Last edited by DigitalOne : 4th March 2021 at 08:02.
DigitalOne is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed