View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 161 43.87%
No 206 56.13%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Auspicious days & times for car deliveries | Your thoughts

Booking and delivery is not at all related to manufacturing date and time of the car. Allotment of car to the buyer is also not related to timing of booking amount or even complete amount paid to dealer. The date and time, when the buyer becomes the owner of the car is indeterminate. We will be owner of the car much before we take delivery of it.

So, do the pooja of the car and take its delivery on a auspicious date and time to feel good and reduce the anxiety of ownership . Other than that its inconsequential.
ArunRam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:22   #17
BHPian

I on the other hand prefer Saturdays for my car delivery. Thanks to the common belief, Saturday morning's are rush free and we get all the attention from the SA. Also, Saturday gives me 2 full days of trying the car and checking for any niggles which can be fixed on the Sunday.
Personally, every moment in one's life is auspicious to do the right thing.
ShankarG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:32   #18
Team-BHP Support

Our first family car came from Dad's company pool. None of the staff were willing to take this particular white Maruti 800, whatever muhurat or day.

Reason? Registration number '13'.

We brought it home, and it took us on all our adventures over North India for 3 years Dad had that job. Never skipped a beat, and it's the car we still remember most fondly.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:02   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, for me it has always been the exact date and time when the car is ready for delivery with all formalities completed. Have never looked at anything else. Also have never bothered about the registration number. One reason of course is that majority of my cars have been pre-owned.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 22nd February 2021 at 12:06.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:07   #20
BHPian

Good question @GTO.
My first car was brought home just like that on a Sunday without actually checking the date/time but we did get a puja done by evening.
The second car was scheduled for delivery in Durga Puja/Navratri time after arriving from RTO inspection just on eve of Navaratri, but due to multiple reasons it kept getting delayed. But finally insisted on delivery on last day of Durga puja fortnight just because one had to draw the line somewhere.
So got delivery on Kojagari Lakshmi puja day. I was told that the showroom had more than 25 deliveries planned that day
Archisman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:45   #21
ike
BHPian

There is never a bad time to do a good thing. However, others in the family don't subscribe to this and all three cars we have bought (including one that was totaled) were delivered during an auspicious time. We went to the dealership, negotiated and did a booking on a Saturday late evening for the latest acquisition and mom was unhappy about having booked and made a payment on a Saturday. She said I should have consulted with her and should have booked only on Monday.
ike is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:49   #22
AYP
Senior - BHPian

With all due respect to everyone, I do not believe in such stuff. However, if it pleases my family/partner etc. and I am not too inconvenienced by the wait, I might just go with the flow. Short term loss for long term gains .
AYP is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:57   #23
BHPian

They say time doesn't wait, so why do we have to?

One thing that I follow is that, we shouldn't mind these times.
1. If you believe in god then the good you do will save you and you will be happy.
2. If you don't believe in god, then the whole point of auspicious time is no longer your concern.

Keep it simple and binary.
saikarthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

My car sat at the dealership for 2 full weeks awaiting this stupid calender thing my family insisted.
And guess what? While my family waited for inauspicious day my car was kept by the dealer as a display model and on the day of delivery I noticed several dirty marks on white interior. The day before delivery the car had so many shoe marks inside when I went to confirm time of delivery for next day.

:-|
Nithesh_M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

I am a firm believer in "shun muhurat(h)". The reasons for this are both cosmic & business sense.

I have been taught & read (deeper as I try to analyse things from multiple dimensions) that certain dates/ times have positive influence on ones mind & body (cars, like any asset are personal possessions) & these times can help make appropriate decisions. It's important as most cars are now costlier than 100 gms of gold & also are depreciable asset. But, I understand same date/ time can have different impact on individuals. For instance, we too try to avoid buying anything that made of iron on Saturdays, but, my Mama does so & it always gets him better returns. Cut short, these subjects are not shallow as preached & need deeper study & research, than just few people making money by exploiting others weaknesses.

Moreover, we all have seen there are good offers around these dates, whether Navratri, Diwali, Christmas, Eid, etc. People are in market to eagerly buy & sell products (it's a two people process), & one can definitely get better deals in these days.

Just my two cents.
CARDEEP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:14   #26
BANNED

It may come out as a surprise to some, but the auspicious time of delivery for my two cars are given below.
1. 4th gen Honda City : the day I got a leave sanctioned as I had been working even over weekends that time.
2. Skoda Rapid TSI MT : The day all Monte Carlo accessories were fitted and temporary registration was approved.

The occasion makes a day good or bad, so the above days are definitely good days for me. I don't believe in time, and I don't believe in numbers too. But prefer day time, before 6PM atleast so that I can see if anything is wrong with the car.

Note: I think, this time thing is dependent on religious beliefs or regional culture to a great extent.

Last edited by pavi : 22nd February 2021 at 13:18.
pavi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:17   #27
KPR
BANNED

My family situation:

1. If I take delivery on any date any time and the car takes first dent then it is all due to not auspicious time delivery.

2. If I take delivery of car on auspicious date and time and the car takes its first dent all are good because dent happens.

So sl no.2 considering my family.

Last edited by KPR : 22nd February 2021 at 13:22.
KPR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:20   #28
BHPian

Never bothered to find out a muhurat. Took delivery when it was ready. Because never bothered. However if some family member tells me to wait and take delivery some other time in near future, I don't mind waiting. Afterall, who will take a chance? There are too many unproven things in the world.

Last edited by Shashankjk : 22nd February 2021 at 13:22. Reason: Typos corrected
Shashankjk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:03   #29
BHPian

Our family is a strong believer of getting big investment things on auspicious day. However, all of this changed in lockdown when we were to get our Nissan Kicks (which we booked in the last week of March). We were supposed to get our car from other city and with restrictions on inter district movements, we went to get our car at the first possible date. Also, if we have to wait for quite a bit for that auspicious day, then, we would get the thing on the next available Wednesday.
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Colour and delivery:

Whatever is readily available.
honeybee is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks