Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2007, 10:56   #106
Team-BHP Support

The centre console thingy makes it feel like one is staring into space...
i for one would hate such a set up.

The Civic displays though gimmicky, actually looks nice. Those blue backlit readings definitely deserve a thumbs-up !!
Old 13th February 2007, 14:52   #107
Senior - BHPian

I have never really sat in any car that has a centre mounted console but i think even Nissan X-trail is one which has it? Probably someone who owns it can tell us...?
Old 13th February 2007, 14:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

Sincere apologies for directly posting the picture here but since I am in the office, I could not use imageshack. A picture of the Nissan X-Trail though a left hand drive one. Mods, Please pardon me this time

Old 8th March 2007, 22:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

was passing Halol for work reasons. GM factory comes in the way. and what do I see

A green chevy spark doing the circuit at around 60-80.
Old 12th March 2007, 14:39   #110
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to GM showroom on Saturday to ask about Spark release.
The branch manager told me that they have not yet been informed about it, and according to him the launch might be after 3 months or so.
Old 12th March 2007, 14:56   #111
BHPian

I went for a U-Va test drive yesterday. The guys told me training for Spark has started and expected launch date is Mid-April. Dunno whom to believe !
Old 12th March 2007, 17:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimwian View Post
I went for a U-Va test drive yesterday. The guys told me training for Spark has started and expected launch date is Mid-April. Dunno whom to believe !
You can safely assume that the training has started because if you look at today's times of India (mumbai ed.) there is an ad by GM asking for proposals to open GM showrooms in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai and the ad also has the Chevy Spark. Why would a company include its product in the pic if its not too far off...May be they also wanted to warn other co that their game is over!

Spark - Welcome back!
Old 12th March 2007, 18:20   #113
Senior - BHPian

I think this looks same as the one posted by Sajo

Chevrolet Spark
Old 14th March 2007, 14:55   #114
BHPian

Cheverolet India site now has an entry about Spark in Upcomming Cars Section. General sales stuff with one picture.
Link:Chevrolet : Aveo : Models

It will come with ABS+ Airbags as option.

Last edited by cartech : 14th March 2007 at 14:58.
Old 14th March 2007, 17:04   #115
BHPian

I guess it will be available now within next 2 months..
Old 14th March 2007, 17:08   #116
Senior - BHPian

It better be...Its been long that we are waiting for this car.
Old 17th March 2007, 10:01   #117
Senior - BHPian

Coming Real Soon Chevrolet Spark with ABS and driver Airbag

Read this on Chevrolets website. Looks like the car is going to be launched real soon.

Quote:
Get ready to cruise through the city. The Chevrolet Spark is all ready to leap out of the news headlines and hit the roads. A sassy reincarnation of the mini car that became the first love of millions of car lovers, Chevrolet Spark is undergoing extensive testing across different parts of the country and will very soon be available at your nearest Chevrolet showroom. At Chevrolet, we are taking extreme measures to make sure that when the Spark comes to you, it is just perfect.
While retaining the excellent fuel efficiency and reliability of the earlier model this new generation mini car has been specially developed to provide more dynamism to the design and drive characteristics. Its smart contemporary styling with compact dimensions makes it a perfect fit for the urban environment. The dynamic chassis design gives the Spark a lively sporty look and its redefining crisp handling & maneuverability will empower you to drive it anywhere any way.
The styling has been well complemented by a highly fuel efficient petrol engine with Multi Point Fuel Injection (MPFI) system that guarantees to deliver great performance and driving experience. The lightweight and aerodynamic design ensures greater mileage and superior safety.
The optimized cable connected five-speed manual gearshift of the Spark offers precise, quick and easy gear changes so that you cruise through jammed traffic or open highways effortlessly.
Keeping your comfort in mind, a high performance air conditioner has also been specially calibrated to make driving a cool experience in the hot and humid conditions. This air conditioner is far superior in cabin cooling compared to the any other car in this segment.
The interiors of Spark are ground breaking in design and will redefine the concept of ergonomics in cars. It is loaded with a host of new convenience features with best all round visibility from the driver’s position and ergonomically advanced controls. It also has great safety features like seatbelt warning, door ajar warning and internally adjustable outside mirrors. To be double sure of your safety we are also offering a safety pack of ABS and driver airbag.
So get ready to cruise and fall in love all over again with this great looker, the all new Chevrolet Spark.
Click Here
Old 17th March 2007, 10:32   #118
Team-BHP Support

Threads merged. Please do a search before starting new threads.
Old 18th March 2007, 20:40   #119
Senior - BHPian

Thats good news about Spark, its time to say bye bye to New ZEN people disappointed with it I feel Spark's launch will create another set back to New ZEN.

Maruti is playing with Indian public by releasing new looks but same old wine inside or even bad one! I wish GM make ti right this time in terms of
pricing and variants.

Ravi.
Old 19th March 2007, 00:26   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Maruti is playing with Indian public by releasing new looks but same old wine inside or even bad one!
Its going to be the same with spark as well. It would mostly retain the old 796 CC Matiz engine perhaps with a 1.1 Litre engine option. Most chevy cars in India are basically Daewoo or Isuzu. So nothing new about it....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks