Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 13:59   #226
Senior - BHPian

The 1.0E (Rs. 3.09 Lacs) has no power steering and no Airconditioning, the 1.0 gets airconditioning but NO power steering. So if you want a Spark with just the basic features, you got to put your cheque down for either the LS or LT variant.

The 1.0E is about Rs. 12,000 less then the Zen Estilo right? But doesn't the Zen come with both A/C and PS?
Old 18th April 2007, 14:03   #227
Senior - BHPian

Guys I cleared my browser cache.. Tried with mozilla and IE but still I can see only 3 message boxes one of which asks for phone number... Can anybody post the direct URL?

Thanks
NeoOnWheels
Old 18th April 2007, 14:04   #228
Senior - BHPian

Yes Amit thats exactly what I saying. The Estilo LXi comes with AC and electronics power steering. Like you said it all comes down to the LS and LT which in mumbai should range between 4.25 to 4.5 lakhs. Doesnt that come into Estilo Vxi teriitory?

Power steering is one thing but i feel AC should be mandatory in any car these days.
Old 18th April 2007, 14:07   #229
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet Spark

this is the only link. the entire site is on flash.
Old 18th April 2007, 14:10   #230
BHPian

I've been following this thread for long time and just checked the chevy webpage.

My observation: Chevy has tried to keep the following elements same (i'm not detailing the tech specs but just the commercials)

1) 4 variants of Spark « » 4 variants of Matiz (back in 99-00)
2) Even the Matiz base model didnt had AC ...forget PS (Spark 1.0E « » Matiz SA)
3) Second variant does not have PS (Spark 1.0 « » Matiz SD)
4) Pricing of both almost in the same range (i'll try to search for Matiz' quotation that I got 7 years ago)
Old 18th April 2007, 14:56   #231
BHPian

I like the service and spare part comparison available on the website. It give a good picture of maintainence of the vehicle. I hope the other companies do follow these for their vehicles.

Chevrolet Spark
Old 18th April 2007, 14:58   #232
BHPian

From the pictures on website, and features mentioned, it seems that there is no tachometer (Even on top end model)
Old 18th April 2007, 15:23   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
I like the service and spare part comparison available on the website. It give a good picture of maintainence of the vehicle. I hope the other companies do follow these for their vehicles.
The comparison is pretty much useless unless it is a total cost comparison (i.e. including things like labour costs etc.). Otherwise it gives a very distorted tinge to the whole thing.

A little off-topic, but is there any site that perhaps does compare the total cost (and perhaps mileage) between different cars?
Old 18th April 2007, 15:30   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
From the pictures on website, and features mentioned, it seems that there is no tachometer (Even on top end model)
does competitors have a tacho in their models ?
Old 18th April 2007, 15:34   #235
Senior - BHPian

The ZEN, Wagon R & Indica have Tacho
Old 18th April 2007, 16:26   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The 1.0E (Rs. 3.09 Lacs) has no power steering and no Airconditioning, the 1.0 gets airconditioning but NO power steering. So if you want a Spark with just the basic features, you got to put your cheque down for either the LS or LT variant.

The 1.0E is about Rs. 12,000 less then the Zen Estilo right? But doesn't the Zen come with both A/C and PS?
I too think that the 1.0E is not much value, but the 1.0 could be value.
The Matiz had a *very light manual steering*.

I remember my relative buying a Matiz 8 years ago, and the salesman asked him to drive both the SD and the SG (one with A/C, other with A/C + PS); the manual steering itself required very little effort and my relative went for it (he still has it and its still good to drive).
Old 18th April 2007, 16:55   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Even if it HAD a tacho, what's the use... it would've been pretty dangerous shifting gears according to the tacho, being placed at the centre of the dash!!!
Old 18th April 2007, 20:35   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys I cleared my browser cache.. Tried with mozilla and IE but still I can see only 3 message boxes one of which asks for phone number... Can anybody post the direct URL?

Thanks
NeoOnWheels
Check this url. This should work. Chevrolet Spark instead of Chevrolet Spark. The 2nd will lead to the site which you are describing. The 1st site has all the details..

Thanks
Ramesh Chandra
Old 19th April 2007, 00:04   #239
BHPian

When Matiz was launched, there were 4 versions (i think SA, SD, SE and SP). The SD version was the most popular with a combi of decent features and VFM. The lauch prices were quite exhorbitant. Later on they were revised to decent levels. I bought my Matiz SD for Rs.3.75 OTR (no p/s). Yes, Matiz doesn't need p/s except when there are 4+ people and you are squeezing into a tight parking. Later on they launched a new model SG with p/s almost for the same price.

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
I've been following this thread for long time and just checked the chevy webpage.

My observation: Chevy has tried to keep the following elements same (i'm not detailing the tech specs but just the commercials)

1) 4 variants of Spark « » 4 variants of Matiz (back in 99-00)
2) Even the Matiz base model didnt had AC ...forget PS (Spark 1.0E « » Matiz SA)
3) Second variant does not have PS (Spark 1.0 « » Matiz SD)
4) Pricing of both almost in the same range (i'll try to search for Matiz' quotation that I got 7 years ago)
Old 19th April 2007, 03:02   #240
Senior - BHPian

40K is quite a bit for an A segment buyer.

How are you going to justify the Spark over the Santro other than the fact that its a Matiz but wearing fresh new clothes. The Santro itself was Xinged a couple years ago. Santro has 100 cc more displacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks