Team-BHP - Chevy Spark release announced EDIT : Now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevy Spark release announced EDIT : Now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/23373-chevy-spark-release-announced-edit-now-launched.html)

According to today's Economic Times - BLR ed., GM has finally confirmed a mid-April 2007 launch date for their Chevy Spark. This car will be initially produced from their Halol factory, and later once their small car hub - the Talegaon plant goes online, the Spark's production would be migrated there.

Finally, some good news for those long awaiting the Matiz/Spark's release.

The Spark would face the similar-looking Estilo as its main competitor, i guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 351429)
The Spark would face the similar-looking Estilo as its main competitor, i guess.

agree: thats how my friends explained to me how the Estillo looked

spark is better looking then estilo ( my opinion ). I saw it on one of the auto shows

I would like to have ABS for sure and Air bags for small add on cost

the chevy Spark does look far more better than estillo !! does anybody have any idea about its tech specs ?

They delayed it a bit too much...

Estilo looks similar, and even if the Spark is a bit more good looking, estilo still got Maruti service backing it up... Also, since maruti has sharedc platform for estilo, they can reduce costs more than GM... I think GM will have competition...

From last year GM's calender.

Looks better than Estilo. Side view looks like a GETZ.

i hope this one's got an engine upgrade..a 1.1 would do the job..although might make it a bit expensive.

Spark looks much better than estilo and even Santro as well. If GM price it right it might win next car of the year award ? Only disappointment is GM delayed by more than 1 year to launch this car. If spark was launched before Estilo I feel estilo had really tough compitetion.

Regards,

Ravi.

The Spark looks much more sensible than the Estilo in terms of styling, and those headlamps look kinda nice too. If only they had gotten their launch timing right. But GM seems to goof up with their launch timings always.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedometer (Post 352035)
if the spark is as good as its previous model,and if its priced properly then i feel the estilo,santro,wagon r will definitely not be a match for it

The Spark looks waaayyy better than the Estilo (which made me appreciate the Wagon-R if nothing else). And will probably be built better too.

It will be interesting to see if Chevy launches a CNG/LPG version too. They should cuz of the impending launch of the new Hyundai small car (Pi?) that will have a peppy diesel and possible CNG/LPG options.

The indicators on the front bumper arent funny? The Matiz too had these and boy werent they ugly.. That said, its pretty neat looking though.. Are they going to fit the U-VA engine into this? Would be cool I thought..

Quote:

The indicators on the front bumper arent funny? The Matiz too had these and boy werent they ugly..
Why wud u call the indicators funny? I think they look pretty nice integrated with the headlamps.