Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Maximum legroom, rear AC vents, smooth engine (the petrol), cheap spares and widespread backup- all this at a price 2L less than the base corolla- sounds like a good deal to me if I was a taxi operator servicing "luxury market" clients!
But, which executive would want to sit in Tata's "luxury" car? He would prefer Innova if not Corrolla. Brand matters in luxury segment.
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
But, which executive would want to sit in Tata's "luxury" car? He would prefer Innova if not Corrolla. Brand matters in luxury segment.
I have seen some companies having fleets of Ikons and Lancers for ferrying some people (between work, not to and from work). It would be a good option for them.
(I am not talking about the "company car" thingies that people get, just the fleet of vehicles the company owns).
BTW, I have seen several XLs on the road. And most are diesels. Arent the petrol ones selling....?
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VERY correct. If you're paying premium money to be transported, you wouldnt want to arrive in an Indigo no matter how good or comfortable it is. People will still prefer to sit in a cramped Skoda rear seat and 'arrive' in style.
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:37   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
well, companies love to lower costs, and executives love comfort, maybe not the high level, but it surely seems like a perfect vehicle for ferrying middle order management/executives.

example, Taj Group had a fleet of black indigos, maybe not the most elite, but they looked fairly presentable with neat alloys and dark tints.

manson.
Old 23rd April 2007, 15:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Tough time for LOGAN i must say Are you listening M&M.
Old 23rd April 2007, 15:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
example, Taj Group had a fleet of black indigos,
It is a Tata Group company too.
Old 23rd April 2007, 15:19   #22
BHPian

I have a question : What happens to LX Dicor which is around 6 lacs. Is XL base going to kill LX as well as Logan
Old 23rd April 2007, 15:38   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
It is a Tata Group company too.
Point taken, but then those well dressed indigos were surely stylish enough to carry around middle order executives.

manson.
Old 23rd April 2007, 20:04   #24
BHPian

example, Taj Group had a fleet of black indigos, maybe not the most elite, but they looked fairly presentable with neat alloys and dark tints.

Those cars sure do look neat..but just for info...those cars are not owned by the Taj Group but belong to Avis...but yes exclusively purchased by Avis for the use of guests...They had a fleet of petrol Indigo's and petrol safari's earlier...The Taj President also has a couple of Marina's in their fleet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks