Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 13:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
And it still doesn't have cruise control am guessing.
I have a Vento TSI which has cruse control. Of the 75k on the odometer, I have driven approximately 40% on highways. I have barely been able to use the cruse control feature continuously for more than 2-3 minutes during the day time driving. I have used it effectively during night drives, which I like but have been refraining as engagement levels decreases and there is a risk of dozing off. So effectively, unless you drive predominantly during night time and dont have the fear of dozing off, its a good to have feature but not essential in India IMHO. Until highway lane discipline comes to the society at large, its not some thing which will make a difference
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 14:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
I have a Vento TSI which has cruse control. Of the 75k on the odometer, I have driven approximately 40% on highways. I have barely been able to use the cruse control feature continuously for more than 2-3 minutes during the day time driving. I have used it effectively during night drives, which I like but have been refraining as engagement levels decreases and there is a risk of dozing off. So effectively, unless you drive predominantly during night time and dont have the fear of dozing off, its a good to have feature but not essential in India IMHO. Until highway lane discipline comes to the society at large, its not some thing which will make a difference

Well, I have been using cruise control on my 2019 creta and motorcycle (fatboy) for about 30-50 % of the highway driving. It is really helpful and gives intermittent rest. Additionally if one wants to adhere to a specific speed limit, cruise control is a boon.
It depends which part of india you live in and what highways you frequent. I have driven extensively up north and down south, had a similar experience.

Quote:
Well, I have been using cruise control on my 2019 creta and motorcycle (fatboy) for about 30-50 % of the highway driving. It is really helpful and gives intermittent rest. Additionally if one wants to adhere to a specific speed limit, cruise control is a boon.
It depends which part of india you live in and what highways you frequent. I have driven extensively up north and down south, had a similar experience.

In addition I have a 2009 Honda city AT, it doesn't have cruise control, I feel handicapped on the highway sometimes.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st March 2021 at 17:27. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
troika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 15:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you largely. Mostly, on long weekends or holidays is when, I get a chance to go outside of Chennai, the high way looks like WE express high way on weekdays. Have tried leaving home from 5.am-7 am slots and have largely not been able effectively use more than 2-3 mns. My experience has been mostly to drive, crossing lanes to get ahead which is not helpful using cruse control. Once I cross 100 kms post Chennai on the Southern side I get fair chance to use the cruse control. However, there is good amount of vehicles coming on the wrong side so I try and retain accelerator control.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 16:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

2021 Volkswagen T-Roc to be relaunched in India on April 1 with new price of Rs 21.35 lakh, ex-showroom.

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-smartselect_20210324160434_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 16:20   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

VW T ROC's success:

- Entire first batch of 1000 cars in less than a year

- Current back log of 600 cars

- The existing bookings for the SUV will be honoured first with the new batch.

- New batch of 1000 cars coming in 2021

- The initial batch will include 200 units while the rest will arrive in May 2021.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 10:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

2021 Volkswagen T-Roc bookings open

Volkswagen has commenced bookings for the second batch of the T-Roc. Customer deliveries will start from May 2021.

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-troc.jpg

The 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc is priced at Rs. 21.35 lakh (ex-showroom). The crossover is imported as a completely built unit (CBU).

The T-Roc is based on the MQB platform and is powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 148 BHP @ 5,000-6,000 rpm and 250 Nm @ 1,500-3,500 rpm. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Last year, the carmaker had imported 1,000 units of the T-Roc, under the new rule which allows brands to import 2,500 units without the need for homologation.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 11:18   #37
BHPian

Does anybody have an idea if the on-road price of this would land below 25 Lacs in Delhi? I'm planning to get a car and confused between the Kushaq (not yet launched) and this. My decision is slightly tilting in the favour of T-Roc due to the CBU build and the smashing looks in red colour with dual tone shade (Kushaq IMO looks good too).
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 11:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Does anybody have an idea if the on-road price of this would land below 25 Lacs in Delhi? I'm planning to get a car and confused between the Kushaq (not yet launched) and this. My decision is slightly tilting in the favour of T-Roc due to the CBU build and the smashing looks in red colour with dual tone shade (Kushaq IMO looks good too).
The T-Roc isn't available in Red in India. See the website here -
https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/mode...c.html#Colours

You can reach out to any VW dealer, they should be able to help you with the on-road price. I believe the tax/registration for CBUs is slightly higher.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 12:05   #39
BHPian

What would be the annual maintenance cost of this car? Will it be 20k+?

All my family members including me own Hyundai/Hondas and we are used to <10k per year. Ive heard that VW costs will be higher but would like to get a ball-park especially for this imported car.
Old 31st March 2021, 12:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Mumbai pricing from dealer

Ex-showroom - 21.35 L
Registration - 4.4 L
Insurance - 1 L
Delivery + Documentation charge - 20 K
FasTAG - 600
CBU Reg Charge - 20 K
TCS - 16 K
Mud Flaps + Mats - 16 K
Ceramic Coating - 28.5 K

Grand Total - 27.75 L on road Mumbai
NevGin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 12:33   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
What would be the annual maintenance cost of this car? Will it be 20k+?
Many of us have not run our cars much. However, from the information that I have from few other owners, the service cost at 15000kms interval is around 13 k. This excludes labour as it's free in first year.
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 12:35   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
The T-Roc isn't available in Red in India. See the website here -
https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/mode...c.html#Colours

You can reach out to any VW dealer, they should be able to help you with the on-road price. I believe the tax/registration for CBUs is slightly higher.
My bad! I thought VW introduced this red shade shown above as a part of the relaunch, I request the mods to kindly verify and update the same.
One of the nearby dealers here gave me an approximate of 26 Lacs on-road (on call) and I doubt there would be significant discounts on this one like those on the Tiguan Allspace.
And I'll be creating a separate thread very soon but just wanted to know should I increase the budget a bit more and wait for the Tiguan facelift or is the T-Roc a better proposition at the price? Since I have anyhow decided to cross the 22 lacs barrier so I thought why not go the whole hog. I hope VW prices the Tiguan facelift competitively this time since the Allspace is sitting right there at 34 Lacs on-road (with discounts) in some cities.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 31st March 2021 at 12:44.
Old 31st March 2021, 16:55   #43

A fresh batch of T-Roc has arrived at Mumbai port. Apart from T-Roc, there are several other cars of different brands, which will be exported out of the country. Sorry for the bad pic though!!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-img0698.jpg  

Turbo Diesel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 17:13   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Mumbai pricing from dealer

Ex-showroom - 21.35 L
Registration - 4.4 L
Insurance - 1 L
Delivery + Documentation charge - 20 K
FasTAG - 600
CBU Reg Charge - 20 K
TCS - 16 K
Mud Flaps + Mats - 16 K
Ceramic Coating - 28.5 K

Grand Total - 27.75 L on road Mumbai
What on earth is CBU Reg charge and why is the dealer charging 20K for it. Is the dealer going to ARAI to get it homologated and register this car. Atrocious. Even the Delivery and documentation charges of 20K is ridiculous.
Old 1st April 2021, 21:53   #45

Got a call from Volkswagen Hyderabad today. The demo vehicle will arrive by the end of April and deliveries will start from May. He mentioned that the booking amount is 25000 rupees and the on road price will be 26 lakhs.

Most Viewed