Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 15:14   #1
BHPian

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

This morning I got an sms as an existing VW customer (from dealer VW Downtown), the T-ROC is back by public demand and bookings are open, has anyone else received this message, was the T-Roc a huge success? not really seen many around.
TRANSAM is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 15:46   #2
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
This morning I got an sms as an existing VW customer (from dealer VW Downtown), the T-ROC is back by public demand and bookings are open, has anyone else received this message, was the T-Roc a huge success? not really seen many around.
Confirmed the same with a Bangalore SA. Deliveries to start in April I am told.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 16:00   #3
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
Oh these are interesting times particularly for VAG cars. Considering that Troc in Delhi is retailing on-road for around 23L All-in. !
The T-Roc is 23L all in in the used car market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Confirmed the same with a Bangalore SA. Deliveries to start in April I am told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
VW Downtown is telling me ex-showroom has a range! 14L to 20L ex-showroom! Does that mean different trims or does it mean local production will/has started?

Last edited by NevGin : 3rd March 2021 at 16:25.
NevGin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:36   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:11   #5
BHPian

Honestly I do not understand this. With Taigun slated to launch later in the year, what is the point in selling T-Roc at higher price now?

Taigun will be at least 2-3L lesser with same dimensions and same engine. Not sure how is this making sense for prospective buyers of T-Roc, unless of-course Taigun is also positioned at 20L ex-showroom. I guess the only difference is foreign made vs India made in this case
SourPai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 02:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
Honestly I do not understand this. With Taigun slated to launch later in the year, what is the point in selling T-Roc at higher price now?

Taigun will be at least 2-3L lesser with same dimensions and same engine. Not sure how is this making sense for prospective buyers of T-Roc, unless of-course Taigun is also positioned at 20L ex-showroom. I guess the only difference is foreign made vs India made in this case
CBU vs CKD, CBU is much much better in fit and finish. I am also guessing the dimensions and features are different.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 12:37   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
VW Downtown is telling me ex-showroom has a range! 14L to 20L ex-showroom! Does that mean different trims or does it mean local production will/has started?
Interesting! One of the SAs from VW Kondapur(Hyderabad) tells me that the ex-showroom will be 21.35 lakhs. He doesn't have info on the feature additions/ deletions, from the previous batch, yet.
pbr88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 12:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post

I quite agree. What I suspect is that car driving dynamics will be vastly different. The T-Roc drives much like a car and from the test drives I have taken if you forget to brake over a largish speed bump, it takes it in its stride and keeps things comfortable in the cabin. Not sure the same will be true about the Taigun. If they announce localization of the T-Roc and reduce some pricing on it as a result of that, it would be excellent to consider.
Old 5th March 2021, 12:59   #9
BHPian

Second batch of Volkswagen T-ROC to be launched with an ex-showroom price tag of INR 21.35 lakh. This article from Zigwheels confirms it.

Likk to the FB article: https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...gmVC4#leadform

Not sure about the VW’s strategy for the T-ROC and upcoming Taigun. T- ROC is being portayed as a premium product but with the impending launch of Taigun, people will most probably wait rather than putting money on T-ROC right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-42fc7f2bda114c54a8601d4057394283.png  

ShivWason17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 13:18   #10
MSJ
BHPian

Volkswagen India's website is also updated with the "New" Introductory Pricing;

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/t-roc.html

Frankly, I don't see any new feature addition/ deletion in this second batch of T-Roc.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th March 2021 at 18:04. Reason: Extra word deleted
MSJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 15:14   #11
BHPian

Spent a lot of time looking to see if there are any changes in feature. Either the VW site is not updated with feature changes or we are getting the same exact model with same features. I still see Heated seats and heated mirrors, don't see wireless charger and wireless carplay/android auto.
Old 5th March 2021, 15:24   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Surprisingly, such an expensive car does not even get cruise control! With a 60 litre fuel tank and efficient TSI engine with cylinder deactivation tech, would have made an ideal highway steed for long trips, but lack of cruise control is a bummer.
84.monsoon is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 17:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen T-Roc booking amount is set at Rs 51,000 and deliveries are expected to take place by late April this year.

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-20210305044736_vw_t_roc_0177.jpg

Quote:
Nothing much except the revised price which is Rs 1.36 lakh higher than the 2020 model. T-Roc for 2021 gets the same powertrain and feature list as before
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 10:45   #14
BHPian

The website is sketchy at best. Offers no specs about the models: do they come with AWD option for example..
Old 6th March 2021, 11:09   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been told that this was on the cards. Given that VW has only one and half locally produced cars (the Polo and limited supplies of the Vento) on sale, and that the Taigun is likely on a late Q3 release schedule, the dealers do need product to keep their operations going. Believe that either the Tiguan or one more lot fo the Tiguan Allspace will also make it to India - they are probably waiting to clear out the last few cars in stock before announcing this product.

Not sure if the T Roc will be continued once the Taigun is launched but I think higher end products will continue to be imported as long as the 2500 unit scheme lasts.
Hayek is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks