Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2023, 09:27   #211
BHPian

Re: Finally received my renewed RC after marathon efforts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivision View Post
Documenting my experience with KA03 RTO RC renewal process without going through agent and without paying any bribe. The experience is contrary to what the title of the topic says, it was not easy.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun View Post
As stated else where in this thread, the Indiranagar / Kasturinagar RTO ...
Since there are way too many posts on this thread a quick question to you , would appreciate it if you can answer

I am in the middle of renewing my Honda Activa RC which expired at the Bangalore Jayanagar RTO
The inspection happened last week 8th March, today is 15th march but the status still shows as Inspection not completed.
Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think-rto.png

Is this normal ? , Also after the inspection roughly how many days did it take for you before you actually received the renewed RC card ?

Last edited by Fillmore : 15th March 2023 at 09:32. Reason: added a quote
Old 22nd March 2023, 21:47   #212

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahi View Post
Next day, I received one sms that my RC is getting expired on 17 Feb, 23 (my RC was valid till 27 Feb, 23) and i should renew it. Today checked the status on vahan.parivahan.gov.in and it says that completed/approved on 21 Feb, 2023.
UPDATE: Received printed RC on 14.03.2023 through Speed Post.
Old 7th April 2023, 15:27   #213
BHPian

Re: Procedure of renewing vehicle registration at the 15-year mark | It's easier than you think

I have a 14 year old Altis VL Petrol Automatic in almost new condition. If i have it converted to CNG, will the RTO allow this to run after 15 years in NCR with a new registration. Please advise
Old 29th April 2023, 08:19   #214
BANNED

If a 15 year old car's registration which has expired has been submitted for renewal & the taxes have been paid & the annual insurance (3rd party only) is also expiring, then is it OK to renew to the insurance - or does the insurance company check the renewal status of the registration before approving the insurance?
Old 11th May 2023, 10:19   #215
BHPian

My 2009 registered Hyundai i10 (MH-12, Pune) is currently in Kolkata. Its 15 years inspection will soon be due.

Do I need to get the vehicle to Pune for a physical inspection or there is an online way out of this predicament?

Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 10:26   #216
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
Do I need to get the vehicle to Pune for a physical inspection or there is an online way out of this predicament?
Friend's car in Mumbai had to be taken to Pune for renewal even though he tried with a lot of agents. One agent said he may be able to manage it without going but finally gave up after a month.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 08:46   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
I have a 14 year old Altis VL Petrol Automatic in almost new condition. If i have it converted to CNG, will the RTO allow this to run after 15 years in NCR with a new registration. Please advise

Hi akj53, any chance you're planning to sell your Altis? I'd be interested in buying and I'm in Noida as well. Please let me know. Thanks!
NorthernStar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 22:51   #218

Hi,
We own a Maruti WagonR from 2005 registered in TN10 and the registration has expired due to the 15 year rule. I'm not sure if I still have any of the documents of the WagonR. I would like some guidance on the procedure to follow before selling it i.e. renewal of registration, life tax, etc. I would like to register it in TS07. Also, any idea on a ballpark figure of how much it would cost for everything? including obtaining NOC, life tax, etc. Any help would be appreciated

Regards,
hoopsandbhp
Old 29th June 2023, 09:05   #219
BHPian

Few queries with respect to my 14 year old Hyundai Santro Xing.
1. What is the latest rule position of renewing registration of 15 year old private petrol car in Kolkata?
Is it renewable or vehicle has to be scrapped?
2. In case the car is not in Kolkata but some other district in West Bengal, is it possible to renew registration from there?
Thanks in advance
Old 29th June 2023, 09:20   #220
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsandbhp View Post
Also, any idea on a ballpark figure of how much it would cost for everything? including obtaining NOC, life tax, etc.
In MH, there is a fine of approximately 500 Rs per month if you didn't renew it before the 15 years ended - i.e. in your case you will have to pay 36 * 500 = 18,000 Rs just as fine. No idea if Kerala rules are the same. Other than that, if the 15 year period is over, then it's very, very difficult in MH to do it without taking the car to the actual RTO where it where it was registered.
Old 29th June 2023, 09:21   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Few queries with respect to my 14 year old Hyundai Santro Xing.
1. What is the latest rule position of renewing registration of 15 year old private petrol car in Kolkata?
Is it renewable or vehicle has to be scrapped?
2. In case the car is not in Kolkata but some other district in West Bengal, is it possible to renew registration from there?
Thanks in advance
An agent helped us to renew the registration of our 2002 Esteem last year. His name is Arun Singh and the website is https://www.1stopservices.co.in/.

You can contact him to get the current state of the reregistration process.
Old 7th August 2023, 10:00   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
So I went to the RTO without any appointment.
The documents I carried
Prefilled form 25
RC smart card original ( in a ziplock stapled to the document bunch)

All in all it will hardly take half an hour if there is no rush and car has no issues.
BTW the inspector complimented me for maintaining the car well.
Seems like there is no requirement for any agent unless your have any obvious issues.
Online system has really helped streamline the entire process.

My Altis is also due for RC renewal in Feb 2024. I had a few questions

Is it required for the vehicle to be free of small dents and scratches for inspection ?

My vehicle still has Bank Hypothecation, I was too lazy to have it removed. Do I need to remove Hypothecation before RC Renewal or can both be done simultaneously?

My vehicle was registered at MH 04 RTO but now I have moved within the city. Which RTO am I supposed to Visit? Do I need to obtain a NOC for change in address/RTO?

Last edited by goenkakushal : 7th August 2023 at 10:09.
Old 9th August 2023, 08:53   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernStar View Post
Hi akj53, any chance you're planning to sell your Altis? I'd be interested in buying and I'm in Noida as well. Please let me know. Thanks!
Thanks. We can discuss this. Please DM me your contact details and I will get in touch with you
Old 9th August 2023, 10:03   #224
BHPian

Will the vehicles get a new registration number on renewing the RC? Have seen couple of cars looking old but has new registration series and hence the question. Does it need to be renewed at the same RTO where the car was registered?
Old 21st August 2023, 16:07   #225

Insurance Claim even when the Registration expired.- My 15 years Old Ford Fiesta TDCI
The Background :
This is my first post in the forum and has to be about my Ford Fiesta.
Sharing my experience of Insurance Claim for my ‘Expired Registration’ Vehicle. After driving my Ford Fiesta 2008 for 15 years, this car has become more of an emotion.
Since I have another daily drive, this car is a ‘lucky drive’ or ‘I need luck today’ sort of feeling. I take it out mostly during those days. It has been with us during thick and thin and hence it’s a family member for us. Specially for my 8 years old Son.
I was lazy enough to get it registered and somehow 2 months passed, and my registration expired. I contacted a local agent in Pune, and he said he will get everything done for me, only thing he asked is I will have to give him my car for a day, and he will take it for inspection to the RTO.

The not so Lucky Day :
Now one (not so) fine day I was coming back from office, it was drizzling around 7:30 PM, and a loading auto coming from the wrong side, scraped it from the right-hand side. And it was a big dent I tell you. Driver side door got damaged, side mirror broke and fell down, there were few dents here and there on the back door and above the fender.

The Dilemma :
Needless to say, the Auto Driver disappeared by the time I did a U-turn. I was on backfoot anyway, due to my Expired Registration, so didn’t put many efforts to find him.
Disappointed, I went home and saw the Car closely and took some photos.
I started searching all over the forum / internet about if I can still claim my valid insurance. Because, when I called my agent and told him about this, he said car needs to be non-accidental when he takes it for the inspection to RTO.
Lot of articles said that we could still claim the insurance before 2021 however, there has been a judgement by Supreme Court – As per Section 39 and 192 that a Valid Registration is required, else it’s a breach of the Policy.
I did go to some local shops for repair, but the estimate given was too high. Also the parts availability ( it’s a Ford) wasn’t certain.

Smiles :
Finally, I just tried my luck and went to Talera Ford in Pune. They said we can take a chance for the claim but can’t guarantee it.
Left my car and was waiting to hear back from them, finally, I got a call from ICICI Lombard that the inspection has been done and work will start now. I confirmed with Ford Body-shop, and they said I can get my car in 4 days.
The day came when I got a call from them again and was asked to pick my vehicle in the evening. The service advisor kept me updated all these days and used to send photos of the work in progress.
I picked my vehicle, work was nicely done and brought smile to our entire family (Believe me, this Car is closer to us than my 2021 -A4)
Hope this helps.
Aj_thenomad is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks