Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 09:35   #331
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Is this a possible Sportline version picture?
Highly unlikely. The Sportline trim would normally have blacked out grill, window trim and rear view mirrors on the outside amongst other blacked out elements.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 10:36   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Highly unlikely. The Sportline trim would normally have blacked out grill, window trim and rear view mirrors on the outside amongst other blacked out elements.
Right. My bad! Must be the Style version in that case. Eager to see the variants that will be on offer - given L&K is priced out already. Fingers crossed.
Old 3rd June 2021, 11:43   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Quote:
Seems like different set of alloys. Is this a possible Sportline version picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Quote:
Right. My bad! Must be the Style version in that case. Eager to see the variants that will be on offer - given L&K is priced out already. Fingers crossed.
Looks like a stock picture of an Octavia with 18" Perseus alloy wheels. Unlikely to be specced like this in India. Attaching the UK accessory brochure here - refer to the Alloy Wheels section.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Accessory-Brochure-OCTAVIA-Feb-2021.pdf (5.30 MB, 470 views)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 13:09   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Based on the information from a trusted source, the Octavia will be launched in 2 variants initially - Style and L&K with 2.0L TSI.

The alloys on the Style variant may be similar to the test vehicles that were spotted last year on this post.
akshay_b is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 14:09   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Based on the information from a trusted source, the Octavia will be launched in 2 variants initially - Style and L&K with 2.0L TSI.

The alloys on the Style variant may be similar to the test vehicles that were spotted last year on this post.
From this picture and the walk around video uploaded couple of pages earlier, looks like the tyre size is 215/55/R17. Skoda might have gone for a safer option considering the India road quality than getting 225s.
Old 3rd June 2021, 15:23   #336
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Please don’t ever do it, that’s the most unsafe thing to do with your kids or anyone else. Several parents have lost their children because of this. Kite strings, sudden braking, stone chips flying are some of the things that can harm the person standing out of a sun roof.
I said that is how I 'see' the sunroof being used. Not that I use it thus.
Old 3rd June 2021, 17:57   #337
Senior - BHPian

The MK4 Octavia comes with interior ambient lighting but only in the dashboard, front doors and footwells at front and rear. The rear doors do not get the ambient lighting strip anymore, just like the Karoq. Although the LED dome light's intensity can be adjusted by tapping the light itself.
Old 3rd June 2021, 18:48   #338
BHPian

Octavia has always been one of my dream cars due to its sheer luxury! Its not different in the new version either. One thing I didn't like is the ICE system, and from the images, I feel that the bezels are too thick with the access area being very minimal. The slickest ones are the 2-spoke steering wheel, gear knob. The single touch key (I believe those are not physical buttons) also looks awesome!

Octavia would still be a very appealing car (at least Skoda has managed to keep it appealing unlike a few others ) after a few generations.
Old 3rd June 2021, 19:32   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
This is because even in the European market the Octavia hatchback does not come with the option of a sunroof as of now.
I tried to verify this by having a look at the Skoda UK website. The Octavia brochure downloaded from the UK website mentions Panoramic Sunroof as an option only in the estate model. So most likely we won't get even an option of sunroof in the new Octavia.
But, all our predictions are based on what options are available in the European model. And nowhere they are offering the 2.0 tsi in the regular Octavia and it's being offered in India. So, it is a possibility that they may offer sunroof as an option at least in the L&K model. I personally would have preferred to have a sunroof in my 30 lakh car even if I use it very occasionally. We don't use all the features( say cruise control, rarely used in Indian roads) but it always feels good to have them. I may sound a bit stupid .
Old 3rd June 2021, 19:49   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_deo View Post
So, it is a possibility that they may offer sunroof as an option at least in the L&K model. I personally would have preferred to have a sunroof in my 30 lakh car even if I use it very occasionally.
Zac Hollis has himself confirmed that it won’t be getting a sunroof even as an option.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-ce903ed7f67048d98d5881ef4bf5b3ce.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 23:41   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
As I had mentioned before, the 1.5 TSI will be coming in the future (the exact time of launch depends on various other factors) but as of now, only the 2.0 TSI has been officially confirmed and would be launched on 10th June.
I am one of those eagerly anticipating the Octavia with 1.5 TSI and manual gearbox combo as I am looking for a new car around the 20 lakh mark for my dad. The 1.5 TSI is plenty quick and will be quite efficient as well.

However, I get a feeling that it is unlikely that Skoda will offer this combination with the Octavia in the near future, mainly to avoid cannibalisation of their own soon to be launched products. I say this because Zac Hollis has confirmed that they will be launching a new sedan by the end of this year which will be based on the MQB A0-IN platform and be positioned above the Rapid. Since it will be positioned above the Rapid, it is very likely that at least the top variants of that sedan will come with the 1.5 TSI and be priced around the 15-20 lakh mark.

Not to mention, the soon to be launched Kushaq's top variants with the 1.5 TSI are also expected to be priced around 15-20 lakhs. Nevertheless, hoping against hope that we get to see the Octavia with 1.5 TSI + manual soon.
Old 4th June 2021, 00:11   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Zac Hollis has himself confirmed that it won’t be getting a sunroof even as an option.

Attachment 2163673
What are these additional 20 features? Does anyone know?
Old 4th June 2021, 09:32   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are these additional 20 features? Does anyone know?
I could only think about these 18.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-3270fd33ca464db284d0162ab56a64d0.jpeg
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 13:19   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I could only think about these 18.

Attachment 2163784
Few more
2 Spoke steering wheel
Full sized alloy wheel spare?
Skoda Logo projection on ground when opening doors?
Electronic auto hold, maybe.
Matrix Led Headlights?

And what's not there definitely.
Sunroof
Headlight washers
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 13:27   #345
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Octavia mule doing 'high speed runs' on Palm Beach Road, New Mumbai-

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-20210604_124152.jpg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-20210604_124211.jpg

Name:  20210604_124211_1.gif
Views: 1463
Size:  1.41 MB

I have a remapped Figo 1.5 TDCi. So I do know a thing or two about high speed runs.
AYP is offline   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks