Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2021, 20:08   #76
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Definitely on the same boat here. Much as the 187 horses option is appealing, with the new persistent audio warning requirements for crossing 120kmph there’s absolutely no reason (for me) to buy an over-engineered motor that I can’t get the most out of.

There’s practical reasons to avoid black interiors in our insanely hot summer. They look cool, for sure, but heaven help those of us who sometimes have to park our cars outside in the heat. Never spent much time in an all black interior car but don’t they also make the cabin feel smaller?
Is there anyway to get Skoda to disable that audio alert?

Yes, I agree, all black seems to make the cabin feel smaller than beige. And, beige seats don't heat up too much either.
Old 24th March 2021, 21:09   #77
Team-BHP Support

Skodas designs are just so irresistible. Don’t shoot me for this but personally I actually find the Octavia a classier and more proportionate looking design than even the Superb. Just as I find the 5 the perfect size BMW over even the 7.

Hope they continue the trend of competitive pricing, the safer DSG (wet clutch) and a superb suspension. Choice of different interiors will be an added bonus if possible across different variants. The superb Sportsline looks really smashing and it will be good to have color options beyond beige for the Octavia too.
Old 24th March 2021, 21:50   #78
S15
BANNED

I, for one really doubt that we will see a 2.0 TSi in the normal trims.
Ofcourse we might get a vRs trim, with the 2.0, but then I expect that to be priced at quite a premium.

The reason I say this is the Audi A3 is not rumoured to get a 2.0 TSi. And an Octy with 2.0 TSi, priced below an A3 1.5 will kill the Audi.

I, personally, am okay with paying the same price as an Octy 2.0 TSi for a 1.5 A3, just for the badge.

Anything more, and I will bid a sad goodbye to Audi.
S15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 07:30   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The launch of the fourth generation Skoda Octavia is just around the corner.
I'm happy that this gem of a car is coming back.

Call me biased, but I dislike all the changes they are making. The grill is too large and ugly, the 2 spoke steering wheel feels like a tooth fell off, a gear lever that looks like a terrain selector, wheels that look like a concept car poorly done, an extended display that isn't much higher up so I don't know why they moved it out of the dashboard. The only redeeming quality is the blue glow of the headlights. The 3rd gen, especially with the split headlights is way more elegant.

And those who are dreaming of getting a more powerful engine in India than available in the rest of the world, you're dreaming of something that has never happened before. India always gets equal or less powered cars. This is something that I'll be happy to be proved wrong about.

The gaudy looks, inferior engine and expected intial niggles of the 4th gen is what made me get the 3rd gen even though is was in its last year, BS4 and has a DQ200 that I am sure will fail within 8 years. Bonus: no speed warning chimes

Last edited by evil_grin : 25th March 2021 at 07:32.
evil_grin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 07:48   #80
BHPian

The Octavia has everything in it to revive the D1 segment. If priced well and in line with the previous-gen, I see many prospective Compass buyers choosing the Octavia over the former as it offers more value and still does not compromise on build quality, driving dynamics, spacious interiors and will have an upper hand on many more aspects. Heck, Prospective buyers of the superb I feel would want to have one look at the Octavia to see if it ticks all boxes for them before putting their money on the superb.
Old 25th March 2021, 11:22   #81
BHPian

Any chance that they will bring in adaptive cruise control, emergency braking, and lane assist, in the top end model?

I am a reasonably new driver by this forum standards, but I love cruise control.

Last edited by nidhikapoor : 25th March 2021 at 11:34.
Old 25th March 2021, 12:30   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

NEW Octavia launching in the LAST week of April.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 00:51   #83
BHPian

I have made rough plans to buy Skoda Kushaq when I return to India, mostly in July-2021. When I was just checking CarWale website I see that expected new octavia price would be 15 lakhs.

Wondering CarWale & I are being super optimistic about the price ?
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-screen-shot-20210326-3.18.39-pm.png
Old 27th March 2021, 13:49   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enginesoul View Post
I have made rough plans to buy Skoda Kushaq when I return to India, mostly in July-2021. When I was just checking CarWale website I see that expected new octavia price would be 15 lakhs.

Wondering CarWale & I are being super optimistic about the price ?
Absolutely no chance of it being launched at 15lakhs. Elantra starts at close to 18, so expect the Octavia to start at a 10% premium to that. So close to 20l at the very least if we are lucky. This is ex-showroom.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th March 2021 at 15:37. Reason: Octy -> Octavia. Please always reference the full name of the car. Thank you!
RoadTrippin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 14:43   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Absolutely no chance of it being launched at 15lakhs. Elantra starts at close to 18, so expect the Octy to start at a 10% premium to that. So close to 20l at the very least if we are lucky. This is ex-showroom.
Why not. Maybe 1.5 Ambition Manual might get priced at 14.99 lacs or 15.49 lacs, just to entice the crowd and pull people from mid SUVs or up size for City/Verna prospects. And then pulling out 2-3 more lacs on features for next variant can happen. So it will be helpful to add a 100 odd numbers on a monthly basis.

Last edited by Karvel : 27th March 2021 at 15:02.
Old 27th March 2021, 17:02   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Why not. Maybe 1.5 Ambition Manual might get priced at 14.99 lacs or 15.49 lacs, just to entice the crowd and pull people from mid SUVs or up size for City/Verna prospects. And then pulling out 2-3 more lacs on features for next variant can happen. So it will be helpful to add a 100 odd numbers on a monthly basis.
Highly unlikely that they will start this low. I expect it to start at maybe 18.99 and then go all the way till 26.99 (VRs variant). This would be the right position for the car.
We bought our Skoda Laura for 13.5 lacs ex showroom exactly 9 years ago and since then prices have increased quite a lot for cars. Even considering a 50% increase would definitely take the price North of 20 Lacs.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 06:48   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

A nice review of the new vRS with the manual. We won't get it here but a good read anyway.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/...rs-2021-review
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 13:04   #88
BANNED

Overall, a nice car. I have noticed in all reviews that the sunroof is missing even in top models. Even in the images of the L&K, there's no sunroof. So it gives a hint that there is no sunroof for the Octavia. This act of Skoda is just weird.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st March 2021 at 06:50. Reason: Grammar
unknown is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th March 2021, 16:22   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Overall, a nice car. I have noticed in all reviews that the sunroof is missing even in top models. Even in the images of the L&K, there's no sunroof. So it gives a hint that there is no sunroof for the Octavia. This act of Skoda is just weird.
It's actually good, not to have this "sunroof". Most of the current gen Octavia owners having sunroof versions will vouch that though it is beautiful, the amount of rattling and weird noises it keeps making and replacements done under warranty or reaching a Zen stage of starting to ignore the call for attention, it is not worth having it in the car costing nearby 28 lacs.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st March 2021 at 07:39. Reason: Quoted text edited, Octy - Octavia
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 20:14   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
A nice review of the new vRS with the manual. We won't get it here but a good read anyway.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/skoda/...rs-2021-review
This model of the Octavia looks stunning. Apart from the engine (and manual transmission) I love the carbon black interiors with red stitches. Although the last 2 cars we bought were AT, driving a manual of this type would be really fun.

I have decided to push back the purchase of a new car until Skoda comes out with the prices for the Octavia. Having owned one for close to 9 years now (Laura Ambition 2.0 TDI) and the 100+ drives between Mumbai & Pune in this beautiful car, I simply cannot rule out Skoda from the mix.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks